***British & Irish Lions***

3 hours ago, jackg93 said:

Fantastic player, NZ will really miss him next week in midfield, not sure if Crotty is fit to return he was great in the first test.

I think it will be really tough next week, I reckon Savea will be recalled and with him back he can stretch the lions backs more so than any other NZ player, and in terms of forwards battle, Retallick is the key man, he is an absolute monster. Lions need to stop him influencing the pack and keep Savea quiet, easier said than done mind you!

Good analysis and I agree with it, but can't help wishing we had the personnel to discuss whom on our side might cause them concerns. Other than Farrell's boot of course.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, reallyruff said:

Good analysis and I agree with it, but can't help wishing we had the personnel to discuss whom on our side might cause them concerns. Other than Farrell's boot of course.

There's a couple who never got called up that I think wouldve been great aces in the pack for us next week.

Launchbury was the presence we needed on the first test to help break up NZ rhythm, as opposed to Kruis who had a shocker in first test.

As for someone who can actually unlock defences, its probably not the most popular opinion but I would've taken Danny Cipriani. He is probably the most creative back in the country and has had a fantastic season with wasps. Consistently hes probably not the man for all three tests but in a one off game he can be one of the best 12's in the world

2 hours ago, jackg93 said:

There's a couple who never got called up that I think wouldve been great aces in the pack for us next week.

Launchbury was the presence we needed on the first test to help break up NZ rhythm, as opposed to Kruis who had a shocker in first test.

As for someone who can actually unlock defences, its probably not the most popular opinion but I would've taken Danny Cipriani. He is probably the most creative back in the country and has had a fantastic season with wasps. Consistently hes probably not the man for all three tests but in a one off game he can be one of the best 12's in the world

Think I commented earlier in the thread about Launchbury's absence, would have had him starting. DC, well that's from left field a little but I agree regarding his creativity just not so much regards his status in the world game.

So very strange that I'm getting up for this and have butterflies when I'm not that much of an egg chaser fan..just something about the Lions that has always fascinated me.

The lack of Scots involved is a bit of a downer but I will be pacing up and down..shouting at the telly and no doubt watching and then no watching these 15 British & Irish rugby guys attempt to become IMMORTAL...