***British & Irish Lions***

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, sandyinroyalblue said:

At least we scored a try 14 v 14,still think there's a lot more to come from the Lions and they'll need it next week.

See that's the important thing to remember. The NZ press will spin this that the Lions had the extra man, but we scored when it was all even. 

Just now, sandyinroyalblue said:

At least we scored a try 14 v 14,still think there's a lot more to come from the Lions and they'll need it next week.

Big respect for the All Blacks Captain..Humble and Gracious in defeat..

14 minutes ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

We've just got to beat the All Blacks at Eden Park now.

Should be relatively straightforward...

Pretty sure it's an ozzy ref for the next test. So that's the breakdown battle already lost. 

Great match, the boys stuck to their task. It's the indiscipline that's nearly cost is that game. At 15 a side they'd have kicked it to the corners a couple of times and no doubt punished us more. Looking forward to next week, but I fear we'll need to hope they have an off day and we are on top of our game. 

Eventually got to see it without finding out the score , well worth it . Great result , thought we struggled at first but had a strong final 20 minutes to set it all up for next week . 

33 minutes ago, reallyruff said:

Does sbw get suspended?

I'm sure in the discussions afterward they mentioned that decision will be made later , but they expect him to be out for next weeks game . 

5 hours ago, reallyruff said:

Deservedly.

Fantastic player, NZ will really miss him next week in midfield, not sure if Crotty is fit to return he was great in the first test.

I think it will be really tough next week, I reckon Savea will be recalled and with him back he can stretch the lions backs more so than any other NZ player, and in terms of forwards battle, Retallick is the key man, he is an absolute monster. Lions need to stop him influencing the pack and keep Savea quiet, easier said than done mind you!