$uper Ally

On 6/7/2017 at 6:41 AM, MisterBlueSky said:

For those who still can still accept this man as a legend despite his penny shares, media interviews, and being the worst manager in our history, check out some info from the court case...

Ally McCoist's "golden contract"

The trial heard that when Rangers legend Ally McCoist became the club's assistant manager under Walter Smith, there was a penalty clause put into his contract that said if he did not become manager when Smith left, the club was going to have to pay him an "enormous" amount of money. Smith, McCoist's long-term mentor, only seemed to learn the full extent of the deal when he was given details in the witness box. He told defence lawyer Donald Findlay QC: "Mr McCoist obviously negotiates his own contracts, so he's possibly a bit brighter than I am

The man is not a legend. He is a fraud and has only ever been after one thing.

He should be removed from the HOF and never let near Ibrox again. 

Away and bile your heed ya muppet.

Super is the finest goalscorer we have had, he won games for us especially against the mhanky mhob, a real life legend of our club and fully deserves to be in the HOF.

What happened as a manager does not affect his status as a player and anyway who wouldn't want the best contract he could get, would you say no if your wages were doubled, I don't think so, he or his agent negotiated a deal that he and the club agreed to so end of story.

:bow:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, mrmojorisin said:

100%  true....i remember a player saying this about McCoist ...may have been Ian Durrant, pretty sure it was in a video 

It was Gascoigne and McCoist was raging with him after that. 

So Ally is charged with signing a contract offered by others which secured hisfamily's futures. One of which incidentally is a severely handicapped son. On reflection both that and the shares he got dont hold him in a good light. But lets be honest if someone offered you 850k a year would you say "fuck it,  just give me 200k?" Like fuck you would. However, theres murky stuff with mccoist - no doubt about it. But in the scale of so many other characters that ive already mentioned he falls way down the list 

I think some of the critics on here werent old enough to appeeciate what Ally contributed to Rangers as a player. 

I've only read the first page of this thread but I just want to play devils advocate a bit.

Firstly I'm sure there was a reason for this clause being in McCoists contract, possibly due to the fact that he had a large contract with BBC and to step away from that full time he needed some assurances. My guess is that his big clause was probably to match that amount of money.

Secondly, does anyone think (regardless of the clause) that we were not going to make McCoist the manager? It was clear as day.

Lastly, can someone tell me the name of a player who has played for this club for nothing and/or refused a contract and asked for less money in the last 30 years or so?

10 minutes ago, Bjorklund said:

Firstly I'm sure there was a reason for this clause being in McCoists contract, possibly due to the fact that he had a large contract with BBC and to step away from that full time he needed some assurances. My guess is that his big clause was probably to match that amount of money.

I don't believe that for a second. To put the team he loves, behind prancing about in front of a closeted,,,, let's just say a girl he has no chance with, is just not the aly we pretend to know & love.

Did ally put the club into administration? Did he sell our season tickets to fund his own pocket? There have been many con men and liars at our club these last 6 years to last a lifetime. 

Ally has made good living being a rangers man and yes he's pissed people off ( myself included ) but in grand scheme of things there are worst cunts that have took from us. He was my hero growing up and was one of the most decent players I've ever met and always will be remembered for that. These threads about him fry my nut it's same pish every time 

The value of his contract isnt the issue for me, its the guarantee almost of becoming our manager, he clearly wasnt good enough, we are rangers, a massive worldwide club with a history laden with success, asking for that clause in his contract rips the utter piss out of the club, he should have been chased at the point of negotiations 

10 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The value of his contract isnt the issue for me, its the guarantee almost of becoming our manager, he clearly wasnt good enough, we are rangers, a massive worldwide club with a history laden with success, asking for that clause in his contract rips the utter piss out of the club, he should have been chased at the point of negotiations 

You say the contract wasn't the issue then ended your post with it being the issue 

Smith thought he was good enough for the job- at the time who would have questioned that! We only knew he wasn't good enough into the season by which time he had chucked a 10 point lead. 

Then came the shit storm in which it may have cost us money we didn't have to replace him, meaning we were stuck with him. 

he realised his wage was damaging the club so halved it knowing he may get it back when we were in a better position. 

He's not the villain. He is associated with admin which was horrendous for us all. I think any manager at the time would have this same hate from a section of our support. 

There are folk who did more damage to our club but they seem to be forgotten which truly bemuses me. 

4 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

You say the contract wasn't the issue then ended your post with it being the issue 

Smith thought he was good enough for the job- at the time who would have questioned that! We only knew he wasn't good enough into the season by which time he had chucked a 10 point lead. 

Then came the shit storm in which it may have cost us money we didn't have to replace him, meaning we were stuck with him. 

he realised his wage was damaging the club so halved it knowing he may get it back when we were in a better position. 

He's not the villain. He is associated with admin which was horrendous for us all. I think any manager at the time would have this same hate from a section of our support. 

There are folk who did more damage to our club but they seem to be forgotten which truly bemuses me. 

i probably didnt put my opinion correctly, posting in work when i did,

im meaning instead of simply bowing to allys demands, we should have said "if you perform well as assistant then we'll give you a season on your own at x wage, if you continue to do well, even improve further we'll give you the wage you require, if you dnt perform well as assistant or dont become a good stand alone gaffer then we'll call it quits, no big payout etc"

rangers should never be held to ransom by anyone, especially one of our supposed own, no one hates him for being associated with the admin, no one even hates him for being a shite manager, he's hated for his selfish attitude towards a club that in effect made him the man he is today financially

you mention about ally halving his wage when he knew it was damaging the club, what about the stipulation in the deal saying if he resigned his wage went to full and if sacked he got 150% of his wages

other folk did do more damage to the club, however these folk didnt profess to being one of us, getting stabbed in the back from within your own circle is a lot harder to accept

On 09/06/2017 at 8:55 PM, BallochBear said:

Away and bile your heed ya muppet.

Super is the finest goalscorer we have had, he won games for us especially against the mhanky mhob, a real life legend of our club and fully deserves to be in the HOF.

What happened as a manager does not affect his status as a player and anyway who wouldn't want the best contract he could get, would you say no if your wages were doubled, I don't think so, he or his agent negotiated a deal that he and the club agreed to so end of story.

:bow:

He has the best goal scoring statistics. His legend status is long gone. Rangers  v Leeds was one of my best experiences as a ger, one of my go youtuYouTube vids before or after a game with a few beers. That back post header goes in now and i shake my head. That man sold his soul. On paper he'll be the greatest striker of a generation. To me, pffff, I'll leave it at that. 

2 minutes ago, Jam_piece said:

He has the best goal scoring statistics. His legend status is long gone. Rangers  v Leeds was one of my best experiences as a ger, one of my go youtuYouTube vids before or after a game with a few beers. That back post header goes in now and i shake my head. That man sold his soul. On paper he'll be the greatest striker of a generation. To me, pffff, I'll leave it at that. 

4 posts, I smell shite.

11 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Exactly right. He was shite in the cup games he was given. We should never have been put in the hands of a clown.

As a manager ally never had it never done it and didn't have the dressing room. But at the end of the day and it's night Ally status as a player can't go he had done amazing scoring crucial goals helped Glasgow Rangers to 9 in a row. 

The past is the past past let's move on to Ped the Ted