Could we still have a good domestic season?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

And still everyone wanted him sacked after Kaunus and Unirea. 

Indeed, but at least he had something to use as an argument for keeping him on.

18 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Walter had some track record with us to fall back on.

No further explanation required.

I just don't think that we should be writing off this season just yet we have had terrible European results in the past and went on to have a good season. 

My faith in Pedro took some dunt last night.

I was not happy when we only scored one goal in the first leg and worried that the fuck up that happened last night might be a possibility, but tried to convince myself that it would not happen. How stuppid was I.

So at this moment I am very unsure if Pedro has the ability to manage us and make us a good team even with his own players. What I do know is that he is here for a few months at least (it will depend on results) and so I am going to try once the disappointment eases a little to get myself up for the new season and hope that once the latest signings arrive and settle in the team can finally start to play.

Am I sure that will happen, not at all, but at the moment what can we do, we cannot turn our back on the team, we have to try and retain some faith and keep believing as someone once said.

I will also add that I fully understand why many will disagree with my post. :thumbup:

1 minute ago, GWR1979 said:

I just don't think that we should be writing off this season just yet we have had terrible European results in the past and went on to have a good season. 

I think this one was a different level of terrible to what's gone before.

Given the manager had already given us a result v the scum worse than ever before & one v the sheep that is the worst for 2 generations, you really struggle to see where it improves from here.

4 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

No-one gave a shit about his track record after getting pumped off those Romanian cunts at Ibrox. 

True, but he stayed on because of his previous & pulled it round.

Pedro has no previous to fall back on.

Interesting common denominator between the game you chose & now - Pedro Mendes.

Did he score a heavily deflected goal in the 1st minute, then proceed to give the ball away time & time again with waffy outside of the foot chips to nobody?

Was his last game for us.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

True, but he stayed on because of his previous & pulled it round.

Pedro has no previous to fall back on.

Interesting common denominator between the game you chose & now - Pedro Mendes.

Did he score a heavily deflected goal in the 1st minute, then proceed to give the ball away time & time again with waffy outside of the foot chips to nobody?

Was his last game for us.

Mendes had a hellish time with injuries that season. That game was one of only a few he played that season iirc. I think most fans will remember him for his outstanding displays the season before. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Mendes had a hellish time with injuries that season. That game was one of only a few he played that season iirc. I think most fans will remember him for his outstanding displays the season before. 

Indeed - especially that goal v them!

13 minutes ago, HG5 said:

I think this one was a different level of terrible to what's gone before.

Given the manager had already given us a result v the scum worse than ever before & one v the sheep that is the worst for 2 generations, you really struggle to see where it improves from here.

It's hard to make a case for Pedro as he has no pedigree or we can point to something he has achieved as he is an unknown. If the DOF is in place and we should have a structure in place to replace the Head Coach and bring in a new one, I can't understand why we gave him a 3 year contract. If he has a shit start to the season his position will become untenable. I just hope we start well. We need a 2nd place finish this season and at least a trophy. 

3 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

It's hard to make a case for Pedro as he has no pedigree or we can point to something he has achieved as he is an unknown. If the DOF is in place and we should have a structure in place to replace the Head Coach and bring in a new one, I can't understand why we gave him a 3 year contract. If he has a shit start to the season his position will become untenable. I just hope we start well. We need a 2nd place finish this season and at least a trophy. 

I'd agree with all of that - I'm afraid I'm not optimistic.

3 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Please don't make me think of good times. I'll fucking cry :lol:

It's a bit of a shock when you realise how far back they are!

To be hoped the return is closer than we think!

15 minutes ago, HG5 said:

I'd agree with all of that - I'm afraid I'm not optimistic.

Still shocked about last night. These games in the Europa league has come to quickly after a bad season last year. 

Hopefully we can get rid of the shite from last year their chance has gone, Pedro's signings need time to acclimatise and get a chance, Windass needs released I never want to see that excuse for a footballer again. 

Just now, GWR1979 said:

Still shocked about last night. These games in the Europa league has come to quickly after a bad season last year. 

Hopefully we can get rid of the shite from last year their chance has gone, Pedro's signings need time to acclimatise and get a chance, Windass needs released I never want to see that excuse for a footballer again. 

Dead on - Windass used to play around here.

To say there's astonishment that he's got to a club our size is an understatement.

2 hours ago, Bronzy said:

I'm strangely optimistic, considering the fact I was so fucking gutted last night. It might be hope more than anything, but I look at our potential XI, and it looks miles better than the team last season. 

595d598c814c8.jpg

That result could be a turning point imo, hopefully the players realise what an utter fuck up they've made and that is the kick up the arse for them.

Maffeo? Since when?

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

Hopefully true, if not then it'll probably be Hutton or Abella.

Cant see it tbh. I doubt they'll let him go and doubt he'd come to us if he did. I dont think we'll sign a fullback, Dorrans could be our last signing of the summer

Just now, WWTC said:

Cant see it tbh. I doubt they'll let him go and doubt he'd come to us if he did. I dont think we'll sign a fullback, Dorrans could be our last signing of the summer

I get the feeling Tavernier wants to leave tbh.

Didn't MW bid for him? I imagine he'll go to Forest, if so we would need to replace him.

10 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

I get the feeling Tavernier wants to leave tbh.

Didn't MW bid for him? I imagine he'll go to Forest, if so we would need to replace him.

Aye thats true, you could be right i suppose