Bundesliga games

MacBoyd

been to Berlin a few times and have been to a Hertha game at the Olympiastadion and a Union Berlin game at their ground.

easy enough to get tickets and easy to get around the city

would also say ive been to a Koln game but as i arrived at the ground it was announced the game was called off because the ref had tried to top himself in his hotel.

Been to a Hamburg game on my stag, great set up,  Rangers friendly and a great city to drink in. Highlight was the walk through the park to the game, wee Jaeger stand on ever corner,  brass bands playing in the tunnel, real party atmosphere.

20 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Would love to go to one. Atmosphere always looks good and stadiums always packed due to fair ticket prices and quality football on offer

Hamburg would be my first choice then Dortmund 

As a tourist its quite hard to get those tickets. You do get the 15 euro / 20 euro tickets but they are mainly on sale to club members. At teams like Bayern and Dortmund they sell out really fast then get sold second hand for inflated prices.

IMO the best thing about Germany is the free train travel to the grounds, standing sections and the food / drink on offer. Plus they have wee American style guys with big boards carrying food around for sale so you don't miss the matches.

On 2017-8-6 at 10:08 PM, MacBoyd said:

Anyone been to any? Where would be good and also a good night out?

Pretty much any city in Germany is a good night out and you get a wide variety of places too. 

You can drink in the streets etc and its pretty common in the summer to see locals from the ages of 17-30 all gather in public parks or public squares etc and get trolleyed with carry outs.

In a lot of cities some of the bars will be open until 3-4 in the morning and some of them you can still smoke in. They also still have smoking restaurants. 

Night clubs are prolific too and while I haven't been there yet Berlin is the capital for that.

I'd recommend going nearer to Christmas time and taking a four day weekend. You could probably fit in a Bundesliga match and a 3. Liga or Oberliga game too. It's freezing but the atmosphere is magic. Every city and town has Christmas markets and you can stand there all day under heaters with the snow around you eating sausages and drinking beer and gluhwein. 

5 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Pretty much any city in Germany is a good night out and you get a wide variety of places too. 

You can drink in the streets etc and its pretty common in the summer to see locals from the ages of 17-30 all gather in public parks or public squares etc and get trolleyed with carry outs.

In a lot of cities some of the bars will be open until 3-4 in the morning and some of them you can still smoke in. They also still have smoking restaurants. 

Night clubs are prolific too and while I haven't been there yet Berlin is the capital for that.

I'd recommend going nearer to Christmas time and taking a four day weekend. You could probably fit in a Bundesliga match and a 3. Liga or Oberliga game too. It's freezing but the atmosphere is magic. Every city and town has Christmas markets and you can stand there all day under heaters with the snow around you eating sausages and drinking beer and gluhwein. 

Yeah think we will be going late November