Would you want to see a priority system in cup games?

RFCRobertson

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Gazza2258 said:

I agree with you apart from above. Ticking on CCCS gets you first dibs at your seat for every home game, makes it easy because you don't have to do anything except turn up. 

But the initial ballot for semi and final should be for those that turned up to the game. Not those that purchased a ticket. If less than 20k, the remainder go into ballot. 

If I purchased my ticket doing the right thing and couldn't go for whatever reason, or my smart card failed and I had to be let through a turnstile or something instead and missed out on a big game as a result, I'd probably never give them money again and I'm sure others will be in the same boat.

If you pay for your ticket - what does it matter? why punish people who are happy to financially support the club unconditionally regardless? 

2 hours ago, StirlingBear72 said:

I nevee got a ticket for the semi against the taigs in the Scottish Cup but got a ticket for the final against Hibs. 

It was shite missing out on the semi but it seemed to even itself out. 

No idea how you can put something like you're suggesting in to practice

You weren't on CCCS then. Everyone on CCCS got a ticket for that semi and the final.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If I purchased my ticket doing the right thing and couldn't go for whatever reason, or my smart card failed and I had to be let through a turnstile or something instead and missed out on a big game as a result, I'd probably never give them money again and I'm sure others will be in the same boat.

If you pay for your ticket - what does it matter? why punish people who are happy to financially support the club unconditionally regardless? 

Your example could be sorted out easily, as it will register. 

It's not punishing them. They get to go to the game if they purchase a ticket.  I see them getting a big game ticket as punishing those that turned up to the smaller games. 

Ultimately the club runs on money and if you give them it that's all that should matter, idea of people being given less priority if they haven't physically shown up for whatever reason is ridiculous 

I say that a someone who's hardly missed a home game for years as well 

15 minutes ago, Gazza2258 said:

Your example could be sorted out easily, as it will register. 

It's not punishing them. They get to go to the game if they purchase a ticket.  I see them getting a big game ticket as punishing those that turned up to the smaller games. 

How will it register you flashing your smart card at a stewards behest to a guy on a turnstile who's there to take any paper tickets for the night before going to your seat that you attended the game? your smart card will show up on the system as unused. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

How will it register you flashing your smart card at a stewards behest to a guy on a turnstile who's there to take any paper tickets for the night before going to your seat that you attended the game? your smart card will show up on the system as unused. 

It shows up as failed. It happened to me last season at a league game and had to get a new card before game the following week. The lady said she could see that it failed. 

I know that's only one example and there are others too, and no easy answer, I just think  people should be rewarded for going to every game over those that don't. 

2 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Can see you're point, I go to every Rangers game I possibly can , right now I'm working away and the way my rotation works means the game against that mob in September will be my first of the season , once this contract ends I'll be back down the road ( probably October) and back to going every week again including away games where I've got a ticket, I'd be a  bit pissed off if I had no chance of a ticket for a semi final or final because I need to provide for my family. 

Same situation as me mate

4 minutes ago, Gazza2258 said:

It shows up as failed. It happened to me last season at a league game and had to get a new card before game the following week. The lady said she could see that it failed. 

I know that's only one example and there are others too, and no easy answer, I just think  people should be rewarded for going to every game over those that don't. 

and what if it shows up as failed but there's too big a que at the ticket office for a reprint so the guy goes home ... should he miss out then?

What if the guys always paid his money unconditionally to the club and hasn't missed a game in 5 years but gets run over or falls unwell before the game ... do you not take his accident into account and allocate his ticket for a semi against Celtic to a wee guy who rolled up and bought a ticket on the day when he realised the game wasn't on TV?

what about the first ever game when they done away with the paper books and gave everyone smart cards at home to Fenerbache I think it was ... they didn't work but there no failed or electronic signal registering ... stewards were opening turnstiles and flood gates to get people in ... with your logic don't give the thousands semi final or final tickets instead give their ones to guys who bought paper tickets online or something? 

32 minutes ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

In a sense there already is, everyone signed up for semi finals and finals is on the home cup scheme and even at that it doesn't cover everyone. I'd keep it the way it is, I think it's probably as fair as it can be. 

The away scheme needs revamped though. 

How?

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

and what if it shows up as failed but there's too big a que at the ticket office for a reprint so the guy goes home ... should he miss out then?

What if the guys always paid his money unconditionally to the club and hasn't missed a game in 5 years but gets run over or falls unwell before the game ... do you not take his accident into account and allocate his ticket for a semi against Celtic to a wee guy who rolled up and bought a ticket on the day when he realised the game wasn't on TV?

what about the first ever game when they done away with the paper books and gave everyone smart cards at home to Fenerbache I think it was ... they didn't work but there no failed or electronic signal registering ... stewards were opening turnstiles and flood gates to get people in ... with your logic don't give the thousands semi final or final tickets instead give their ones to guys who bought paper tickets online or something? 

Firstly, already agreed there are more reasons/examples than your first one. 

Think you said you were let in when your card failed. I was too. Didn't have to go to Q at TO or go home. Sorted it out later. My argument was, failed card registers as just that, and can be sorted out to prove attendance. 

Agree your next example would be an issue, pros and cons to every system. But that boy would probably have got his loyalty paid back in tickets plenty, before he got knocked down  

Your third example is plain stupid. If the whole system failed, which it only has the first ever time, then of course all those that paid would maybe get a point. 

Lets agree to disagree. You won't change my mind that you should be a priority for turning up, not just paying for your ticket. People abuse it, and that pisses me off. 

1 minute ago, Gazza2258 said:

Firstly, already agreed there are more reasons/examples than your first one. 

Think you said you were let in when your card failed. I was too. Didn't have to go to Q at TO or go home. Sorted it out later. My argument was, failed card registers as just that, and can be sorted out to prove attendance. 

Agree your next example would be an issue, pros and cons to every system. But that boy would probably have got his loyalty paid back in tickets plenty, before he got knocked down  

Your third example is plain stupid. If the whole system failed, which it only has the first ever time, then of course all those that paid would maybe get a point. 

Lets agree to disagree. You won't change my mind that you should be a priority for turning up, not just paying for your ticket. People abuse it, and that pisses me off. 

I didn't say I was or wasn't let in - I was giving an example of what could happen. 

The third example isn't plain stupid at all - thousands that night had to be let in with no trance on any sort of system of failed entry or entry denied. What if that were to happen again? do we just use your rules when it suits or is convenient ? 

As someone who wouldn't be top of the list I would have no problem with a loyalty type system being in place. 

Never feels right to me when I hear about guys who travel all over the place missing out. 

Contentious and tricky issue though, always will be and isn't easy to please the majority never mind all. 

As for the paid for ticket versus attended game debate, there is no debate in my mind, you could argue you deserve plenty credit for buying a ticket when you can't make it - no one should be penalised for that imo.

Does it work like that now?

20 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I didn't say I was or wasn't let in - I was giving an example of what could happen. 

The third example isn't plain stupid at all - thousands that night had to be let in with no trance on any sort of system of failed entry or entry denied. What if that were to happen again? do we just use your rules when it suits or is convenient ? 

3 or 4 posts on a forum hardly constitutes 'my rules'.  You're talking about unusual and very unlikely scenarios that should be catered for in any detailed plan/system. I'm talking about club loyalty to those who go to see the games. I've had two other ST at other clubs in the past and it worked very well. I just have a different point of view than yourself. 

16 minutes ago, markem said:

As someone who wouldn't be top of the list I would have no problem with a loyalty type system being in place. 

Never feels right to me when I hear about guys who travel all over the place missing out. 

Contentious and tricky issue though, always will be and isn't easy to please the majority never mind all. 

As for the paid for ticket versus attended game debate, there is no debate in my mind, you could argue you deserve plenty credit for buying a ticket when you can't make it - no one should be penalised for that imo.

Does it work like that now?

You don't have to attend any cup games at home at the moment to be in ballot for semi or final if there is one. 

I would rather a priority system,as I'm one of those that's been stung for the last 2 seasons.I attended all home and away cup games.Took my son with me but when it came to the semi/finals never received a ticket.This year I'm not doing the cup matches.

9 hours ago, davis1986 said:

Cccs kind of does that does it not? I know they have to do a ballot depending who we get in semi or final due to numbers etc. 

This is something that really annoys me. Take the cup final against Hibs, they got 25,000 tickets, yet can barely get 10-12,000 at home each week. Rangers, on the other hand, have well in excess of 30,000 ST holders, yet get the exact same allocation? 

The ticketing for these major events should be rewarding fans who follow their team every week, not the glory hunters who only want tickets for the big events. They should be given tickets according to their average gate. If they average 10,000 per week, then that's what they get, unless the opposition gets about the same.

The SFA,and SPFL, should send out a message that fans who turn up to all home matches will be rewarded with getting their cup final tickets 1st, well before the glory hunters. Season ticket holders, from both competing clubs, should get the opportunity to buy their tickets first, then they can split the remaining tickets 50/50, if there are any left. 

In games against the taigs it has to be 50-50 share, since both clubs want more than a 50% share, and some ST holders will miss out. Those who've supported the club in a cup run should get first offers of tickets, as long as they support the team every other week at Ibrox.

8 hours ago, Gazza2258 said:

You don't have to attend any cup games at home at the moment to be in ballot for semi or final if there is one. 

you have to be on the "all non season ticket home matches" (excluding friendlies) before it lets you tick the priority semi final and final box iirc.

so you will at least have to have "purchased" a match ticket for every round prior to be being entered into the ballot

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

you have to be on the "all non season ticket home matches" (excluding friendlies) before it lets you tick the priority semi final and final box iirc.

so you will at least have to have "purchased" a match ticket for every round prior to be being entered into the ballot

Obviously.   But the discussion was payment versus attendance.  So still correct. 

1 minute ago, Gazza2258 said:

Obviously.   But the discussion was payment versus attendance.  So still correct. 

There are far too many variables to rewarding those who walk through the door vs those who paid for ticket but didn't go. 

It's unworkable and thankfully the way it works just now is the fairest. 

15 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

There are far too many variables to rewarding those who walk through the door vs those who paid for ticket but didn't go. 

It's unworkable and thankfully the way it works just now is the fairest. 

Aye, it works at the moment, so why fix it if not broken. 

Certainly not the fairest though.