Next Manager? (Options)

BlueMexican

9 hours ago, kingtom80 said:

we need a manager who knows the Scottish game,

not the rubbish were are getting just now,but we have

made our bed and we have just got to get on with it.:megaanguish:

Brenda seems to be doing alright.

I doubt he even gave a fuck about the Scottish game, far less knew it, before he got sacked.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

You can't be serious. We couldn't beat the scum with Jose M in charge. The gap is too wide, so it would be unjust to judge any manager on that fixture.

If you want to beat the scum, then you need to change the board for one with money enough for a top manager and team of quality in all areas.

I have the same opinion as you about the board BA and agree we need people with much more wealth to tackle them, but are you saying we should just stop caring about the games we play.

I like Pedro as a person but I am getting worried that we are on the same course that we were with MW and if we do not win against Ross C and Dundee I think something will have to happen so he might not even be here by the time we play them.

If Pedro does go the people who appointed him should go with him, but that will not probably happen. 

On 21 August 2017 at 10:51 PM, Bears r us said:

I have the same opinion as you about the board BA and agree we need people with much more wealth to tackle them, but are you saying we should just stop caring about the games we play.

I like Pedro as a person but I am getting worried that we are on the same course that we were with MW and if we do not win against Ross C and Dundee I think something will have to happen so he might not even be here by the time we play them.

If Pedro does go the people who appointed him should go with him, but that will not probably happen. 

I'm of the opinion Pedro will get until the end of next month. 

But we need to look at the bigger picture. To challenge for the title we will need serious funding from somewhere & I do not believe our current board can do that.

28 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

You can't be serious. We couldn't beat the scum with Jose M in charge. The gap is too wide, so it would be unjust to judge any manager on that fixture.

If you want to beat the scum, then you need to change the board for one with money enough for a top manager and team of quality in all areas.

I reckon he could, a mean, Murty got a draw and he's not even an actual manager.

6 minutes ago, The hustler said:

I'm of the opinion Pedro will get until the end of next month. 

But we need to look at the bigger picture. To challenge for the title we will need serious funding from somewhere & I do not believe our current board can do that.

It will depend on results I am sure, but you are right by the end of next month he and the team will have had a few tests and they all need some wins to keep Pedro here after that. Maybe good results will come, but I get this deja vu feeling that it is following the MW route, I hope I am wrong.

Serious funding is certainly what we need, along with proper decisions on the type of manager that we need. I just wonder how long it will take the majority of fans to realise it is unlikely to come from our present board. :depressed: 

7 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Exactly and thereon lies the problem.

It will not make one jot of a difference who the next manager is, as we are miles of the pace with the scum and that gap cannot be closed under this board and no amount of moaning and deflecting to manager or the next will change that.

Football is a simple game and if you can't match the quality of the opposition with the players at your disposal, then don't expect to win. We might have the second biggest budget and whilst we have improved the squad, they are little better than many of the the other also rans to the scum.

If we had the courage to face the truth, then the current arguement would not be about improving and coming second, but how and when the fuck are we going to take top spot and demanding those answers.

We just can't help falling over ourselve to hang a manager and yet, the realisation is that we can never get one good enough to take top spot, because we cannot afford one of Brenda's calibre and even worse, the calibre of his team.

So for me the whole debate is embarassingly pointless.

How many managers will we need to go through before the penny drops, or face up to reality.

Not sure any of the names listed would do a job without the resources needed to challenge the scum....big investment is needed on a manager and players otherwise we'll continue circling the drain in the doldrums of 4th-2nd place for the foresable future.

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

It will not make one jot of a difference who the next manager is, as we are miles of the pace with the scum and that gap cannot be closed under this board and no amount of moaning and deflecting to manager or the next will change that.

Football is a simple game and if you can't match the quality of the opposition with the players at your disposal, then don't expect to win. We might have the second biggest budget and whilst we have improved the squad, they are little better than many of the the other also rans to the scum.

If we had the courage to face the truth, then the current arguement would not be about improving and coming second, but how and when the fuck are we going to take top spot and demanding those answers.

We just can't help falling over ourselve to hang a manager and yet, the realisation is that we can never get one good enough to take top spot, because we cannot afford one of Brenda's calibre and even worse, the calibre of his team.

How many managers will we need to go through before the penny drops, or face up to reality.

The financial situation is a worry, I did not expect us still to be run with loans and season ticket money after all the bluster that brought King in. That means he fooled me and I never wanted him back, how long will it take for fans that did want him to realise we are not in a very stable financial situation ? Probably about AGM time if were are still in mid table is my guess.

While your point about changing manager has merit, I still think someone who knows the Scottish game would get us second place, now I agree that is not where we want to be, but if we could get there and win a cup it would at least make a lot of us feel some better. I know you will say that is only papering over the cracks of our lack of investment and you would be right, but after the last 5 years we need some success on the pitch. 

24 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

This phoney wee narrative has to stop. 

A better manager would make a much better fist of things and put up a better fight against Celtic. Would a decent manager topple Celtic? maybe not but it would be a step in the right direction and we'd be an established second rather than looking like an above average mid-table side.

It's a progression.

We can't start making a case for Pedro to remain in a job just because the board are lying out of their depth bastards. 

On 21 August 2017 at 11:39 PM, K.A.I said:

A better manager would make a much better fist of things and put up a better fight against Celtic. Would a decent manager topple Celtic? maybe not but it would be a step in the right direction and we'd be an established second rather than looking like an above average mid-table side.

It's a progression.

We can't start making a case for Pedro to remain in a job just because the board are lying out of their depth bastards. 

I don't think many will make a case for Pedro remaining in a job if the results don't improve.

But who would his replacement be? Another cutprice option like Pedro or MW ?And I don't think McInnes or Wright would be much of an improvement either.

I'll say it again : until serious funding gets put in place we're not going to attract the calibre of manager or players we need.

9 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

But I'm not judging him on that one fixture. I don't need to list Caixinha's results in 'big' games since he arrived here, I'm sure you know them, but I don't know how anybody can deny that another embarsssing defeat at the hands of that mob, especially after the results he's had so far, will be enough to see him off.

13 hours ago, K.A.I said:

It's a progression.

I'm not making a case for Pedro, but any manager, good or bad.

There is nothing phony about it. It's simply called root cause, which is a phenomena you are obviously not familiar with. The root cause of why we cannot win this league is not PC, nor MW, nor AMcC, nor even if we had Jose M, but quite simply money.

How long do you want us to be a good second to the scum? The season before they go for 10iar. Are we going to get enough money for a quality manager and quality players that season and suddenly become the victors? The logical answer to that would be no.

Everything is a progression until you hit the wall and that wall is both the calibre of manager the scum have and the finance behind that club to bring in quality players.

We are not at the races in both departments and it will not and cannot change until we have the cash. I take no pleasure nor pride in being a close second to any team, far less them and it would be forever whilst this board remain.

Being second makes you a loser. Knowing that you are working towards to being a good second, makes you an even bigger loser. We are Rangers after all, or aren't we, because this board are making sure that we aren't, as the fact of the matter is, we compete against the sheep for second and not the scum for first and so it will remain under this board, that much is clear.

4 hours ago, DBBTB said:

But I'm not judging him on that one fixture. I don't need to list Caixinha's results in 'big' games since he arrived here, I'm sure you know them, but I don't know how anybody can deny that another embarsssing defeat at the hands of that mob, especially after the results he's had so far, will be enough to see him off.

It may well see him off, but it will change little.

No matter who we bring in, we can do no better than second, which is the whole point of my argument.

We need a manager of at least the calibre of Brenda, plus significantly more funding to bring in players of equal quality if we are going to have any chance of truly mounting a sustainable challenge and that's when the whole debate on becoming a better second falls on it's erse, as the root cause is money, as money equals quality. It may not guarantee top spot, but you are not getting there without it.

My question is, WTF are we debating about being second and not demanding that we be first?!

Oh wait a minute, the board are Ranger's men?!!!!

I'd honestly give it to Tommy Wright, knows what he's doing and can get the best out of a squad. I think Del would be too much of a chequebook manager, but he'd be up there as well. 

Look at MOH, looked like he'd never seen a football before when at us. Now he's scored 4 goals in 4 games (and they've been crackers, one of them could be goal of the season). Pedro talks a good game, but in terms of motivating the players and man-management he's been a shambles. Warburton was the same, but honestly he'd be doing much better than Pedro is if he'd been given some money to spend. 

I am starting to have concerns over whether the manager is able to get the best out of what is an improved squad from last year. Leaving that aside it is common sense to say a larger spend on the squad would improve our chances, that's a given. The genuine question I would ask, and not in a facetious way, is where exactly is this new board with large amounts of money to invest going to come from? Until this changes,other than give up, we will have to maximise what potential we do have and that's getting a manager that can make the very best of what weve got, and at this point in time it looks doubtful whether pedro can do this.

1 hour ago, plymouthranger said:

I'd honestly give it to Tommy Wright, knows what he's doing and can get the best out of a squad. I think Del would be too much of a chequebook manager, but he'd be up there as well. 

Look at MOH, looked like he'd never seen a football before when at us. Now he's scored 4 goals in 4 games (and they've been crackers, one of them could be goal of the season). Pedro talks a good game, but in terms of motivating the players and man-management he's been a shambles. Warburton was the same, but honestly he'd be doing much better than Pedro is if he'd been given some money to spend. 

I have absolutely no issues with Tommy Wright. He is a good and a decent manager, but he is at St Johnstone for a reason. Likewise with MW and and PC, they are what they are and they are not Ranger's class, nor posses the know how to take out Brenda.

There will be no challenge to the scum until we have a manager the equal or better than Brenda and with the funds to back him up and even then there is no guarantee, but at least we will be in with a fighting chance.

We are not playing on a level playing field and it's with one hand tied behind our back with an inept board which lacks the ambition of the fans and who are not prepared to take the punt and provide the funds needed to realistically do the job.

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I have absolutely no issues with Tommy Wright. He is a good and a decent manager, but he is at St Johnstone for a reason. Likewise with MW and and PC, they are what they are and they are not Ranger's class, nor posses the know how to take out Brenda.

There will be no challenge to the scum until we have a manager the equal or better than Brenda and with the funds to back him up and even then there is no guarantee, but at least we will be in with a fighting chance.

We are not playing on a level playing field and it's with one hand tied behind our back with an inept board which lacks the ambition of the fans and who are not prepared to take the punt and provide the funds needed to realistically do the job.

I agree with you in respect to lack of funds.  For us to realistically challenge every season we need someone at the helm with more financial clout than King.  Would the club be adverse to welcome Middle East or Asian money? 

25 minutes ago, Blue Dutch 1690 said:

I agree with you in respect to lack of funds.  For us to realistically challenge every season we need someone at the helm with more financial clout than King.  Would the club be adverse to welcome Middle East or Asian money? 

I don't think they would be, but there just doesn't appear to be any interest for whatever reason.

King more than anyone, knew what the aspirations of the fans were and what it would take to mount a sustainable challenge and he has single handed failed to deliver.

That leaves me to question his motives in that it was all just a cash cowing exercise. The only worry that leaves me with is what do we look like when he is done with us?!!!

He has been in power for three years now and there is less a buzz now either way, than when he first came in. We now have fans actually striving to be second and a better second. That leaves me with the realisation, that we have accepted second as our place, but totally unacceptable in the bigger scheme of things

There are no more grandiose statements of toppling the scum and in my mind that is realistic, as this board will not fund it, so again I ask, just WTF are this board here for?!!!

Answers on a postage stamp please.

44 minutes ago, Blue Dutch 1690 said:

Would the fans be averse to being a Muslim owned club?  I don't see some rich Arab chucking serious money at us without getting ownership in return.  If (the big if) we had access to the EPL we'd have a queue a mile long of billionaires wanting to buy the club but we don't have access to that league, we're in the SPFL where the TV money and coverage is a joke.  Imagine a group of billionaires on their yachts in Monaco - I own a La Liga club, the other guy owns an EPL club, the next owns a club in Paris, where's your club from?  Scotland......sniggers - are you not a real billionaire then?

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

I appreciate the point above, but McLeish did really well having only really managed Motherwell and Hibs. If we're struggling with getting to grips on the league, surely the best option is to hire someone who already has proved he can get the best out of a squad in that division? 

We aren't going to get an ex Liverpool manager who almost won the EPL to manage us any time soon, and I think anyone outside of Scottish football is another gamble we can't afford. Tommy Wright would easily get 2nd place with our squad, he might not win the league this year or even next, but we wouldn't be 5 points behind St Johnstone and Aberdeen under him...