Tony Blair wanted a British football league

Jonok

Tony Blair became "obsessed" with creating a British football league as a way of bringing the UK together, the former prime minister has revealed.

Mr Blair said he believed merging the Scottish and English leagues would strengthen the bonds between the two nations after devolution.

But he said a British national football team would have been a "step too far"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-41201279

I agree with him and also think there should be a public holiday celebrating the union.

8 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Wouldn't have just benefitted Rangers and celtic. Teams like Linfield, Glentoran, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen I think would have eventually done OK too.

I don't think it included Northern Ireland as it was all to do with the England/Scotland relationship going on that article. 

I think Rangers/celtic would be comfortable top-flights clubs, depending on what level they came in at. And the other teams that should be invited down are Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell, Kilmarnock, Inverness and both Dundee clubs. It would elevate every club as it would create new interest and new rivalries and grounds would be fuller in the lower leagues. 

Tony Bair was the wife of the then actual Prime Minister, the strongly catholic Liverpudlian Cherie Blair. Cherie made all the policy and decisions.

Tony, not very bright at anything,  had no great interest in football, but claimed he watched Jackie Milburn play - even though the he was 4 and living in Australia when Milburn retired, and also suggested he sat in the Gallowgate end at Newcastle at a time there were no seats there. Tony became a catholic 6 months after he and Cherie were no longer the Prime Minister. 

Scouse, catholic scum with vested interests who were probably creaming themselves at being special guests to potential Liverpool/cellic games. Co-incidently (?), their son went on to become a successful football agent, one of the most corrupt occupations of the past 50 years.

I remember at that time, all this talk of British leagues reared its head. It's still not gone away really, but will probably be a UEFA midweek league in the same form of the upcoming Nations League. They will do away with the CL and Europa and just make an invite only Europen league and cup competition.

7 minutes ago, Jonok said:

Sky to stream midweek English Football League games after new £600m TV deal

ffs . shitty wee clubs are getting funded way more than we are.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41239042

That's not anything new.

Blair is an absolute fucking snake who lied continuously throughout his Premiership, pretending to be one religion, when in fact he was secretly practising as another behind closed doors.
I personally don't give a shit about either religion, but I wouldn't trust the cunt as far as his ugly wife could throw him! Not to mention still trying to justify Iraq war, and lying to Brown about when he intended passing over to him.

Everything about the cunt says Liar, and it is so fitting his name includes an anagram of it! 

On 11/09/2017 at 17:47, tannerall said:

Tony Bair was the wife of the then actual Prime Minister, the strongly catholic Liverpudlian Cherie Blair. Cherie made all the policy and decisions.

Tony, not very bright at anything,  had no great interest in football, but claimed he watched Jackie Milburn play - even though the he was 4 and living in Australia when Milburn retired, and also suggested he sat in the Gallowgate end at Newcastle at a time there were no seats there. Tony became a catholic 6 months after he and Cherie were no longer the Prime Minister. 

Scouse, catholic scum with vested interests who were probably creaming themselves at being special guests to potential Liverpool/cellic games. Co-incidently (?), their son went on to become a successful football agent, one of the most corrupt occupations of the past 50 years.

If you ever want to make easy money, tell  a Geordie that Jackie Millburn played for Linfield. None will believe you so shovel a load on a bet with them.

I find it very hard to believe that the man who brought the hoilyrood parliament into being wanted British unity ... although to be fair politicians can very easily keep 2 diametrically opposing views in their minds at the same time  like the ones at holyrood who want sectarian education but not sectarian football