If we don't buy Naismith....

ScotBear

biggest prospect has nothing to do with the amount of goals you score etc..

scott brown doesnt score goals..naismith does

but brown had the better prospects

What better prospects? A questionable temprament? A poor goal return for an attacking midfielder? injury prone? Inability to know when not to try and win the ball? A bunch of fanboys in the media?

Brown only became Scotland's hotest prospect because he decided to be stubborn in a bid to win a move!

your only saying that cos we never signed him

yes there true but hes a brilliant player..

not worth 4.4million but a great player

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying that becuase we didn't sign him. I was never that bothered if we got him or not, becuase I feel that we have already signed the better player of the two in Thomson!

He is far from a brillant/great player :rolleyes: when I hear the term brillant/great in terms of attacking midfielders I think of : Kaka, Scholes, Totti and Ballack...not Scott Brown.

You can't doubt that he has certain aspects of his game that are good, but to make it at the old firm you have to have a composure and an almost chess like mentality when you play football and he has never ever had!

I'm not saying that becuase we didn't sign him. I was never that bothered if we got him or not, becuase I feel that we have already signed the better player of the two in Thomson!

He is far from a brillant/great player :rolleyes: when I hear the term brillant/great in terms of attacking midfielders I think of : Kaka, Scholes, Totti and Ballack...not Scott Brown.

You can't doubt that he has certain aspects of his game that are good, but to make it at the old firm you have to have a composure and an almost chess like mentality when you play football and he has never ever had!

he will be in scottish football soon enough..

and you wuldnt be saying that if he signed for us :pipegreen:

he will be in scottish football soon enough..

and you wuldnt be saying that if he signed for us :pipegreen:

From an ezine article I did in January:

If rumours are to be believed we have already agreed a deal in principal to sign Scott Brown from Hibs for a reported fee of 3.2 million. Brown does appear to have natural talent and his athletcicsm and will to win makes me respect him massively. However he seems to spend alot of times on the sidelines with niggling injuries such as hamstring pulls. Perhaps that is a result of just how hard he works on the pitch but never the less it leaves me concerned as his temprament is often questionable and I wonder how he would handle himself in a big game environment such as the Old Firm.

and in one from May

I can't help but feel that in the long term we might have got the better value for money when we signed Brown's long term friend and former midfield partner Kevin Thomson for 2 million pounds in January.

I never jamp on the Scott Brown wont make it bandwagon when he moved to Celtic, because I questioned if he could make it all along.

I have stuck to my guns since we were first linked to him. Yes I wouldn't have complained if we got him, but I think that Thomson will be the better player in years to come and to get this back on topic I think Naimsith could be too.

After all it's goals that win you football matches and ultimately leagues, not how often you can mis time tackles and complain afterwards!

This whole Naismith deal has been a complete and utter joke. We have fannied about for ages. In that space of time we could of made other signings. CL qualifying deadline is soon and we are still short of 2-3 quality players.

I really do have to question our sincerity to get him after all the other feck ups and feckin aboot

Its all as devious as feck if ye ask me.....you can fool some of the people some of the time but ye cant fool all of the people all of the time :classier_than_pipeguy:

If we don't buy Naismith....... I would be gratefully relieved

No kidding. We should be puttin in a bid for Kaka, no? Why not, since SPL calibre players aren't good enough for Rangers, right? Right?

It's the fecking SPL mates. Naismith would be a great addition.

No kidding. We should be puttin in a bid for Kaka, no? Why not, since SPL calibre players aren't good enough for Rangers, right? Right?

agree, would welcome him with open arms, although i still think another attacking midfielder needs to come in - our central midfield as it stands is all too similar and i am worried about our go forward from the middle.

agree, would welcome him with open arms, although i still think another attacking midfielder needs to come in - our central midfield as it stands is all too similar and i am worried about our go forward from the middle.

yeah a strengthening of the midfield should be priority looks like Lee, Boydy n Rocket will be the goal scorers

Yeah I agree, we need more creative players and I think he would be a good buy. It's all very well saying we've got our valuation, but if Beattie can go for 1.5M and Gary Naismith for 1M then clearly our valuation is at odds with the market. How much we pay for Sebo again?

£1.8million for Sebo.

I was warming to the idea of signing Naismith. We lack a quality RM/W another ST and a LB. RM/W is a major priority tho if rumours are true, Steven Whittaker will sign on the 1st of August(according to Hibs fans)

£1.8million for Sebo.

I was warming to the idea of signing Naismith. We lack a quality RM/W another ST and a LB. RM/W is a major priority tho if rumours are true, Steven Whittaker will sign on the 1st of August(according to Hibs fans)

why whittaker? hes a right BACK, very similar to hutton although imo not as good - should we not be going for someone used to playing midfield? daft question, but why would he sign on august 1?

Once again its a sad state of affairs if the once mighty RFC cant go that extra mile and get one of the best prospects in Scottish fitba for years.

As I mentioned earlier.......I really do have to question our sincerity in the first place

£1.8million for Sebo.

why whittaker? hes a right BACK, very similar to hutton although imo not as good - should we not be going for someone used to playing midfield? daft question, but why would he sign on august 1?

I dont know why Whittaker, he certainly isnt a RM/W and his crossing is terrible. It's supposidly something to do with Hibs financial year ending on 31st July 2007.

Once again its a sad state of affairs if the once mighty RFC cant go that extra mile and get one of the best prospects in Scottish fitba for years.

As I mentioned earlier.......I really do have to question our sincerity in the first place

This is ture. And then when we don't get him we will have another 3 months of fan backlash, much like we see now with regards to the Scott Brown deal!

I don't usually agree with you FISHY but if we don't get Naimsith and someone else does it's just more ammo for the fans to use when they do eventually hold a full scale protest against SDM.

This is ture. And then when we don't get him we will have another 3 months of backlash, much like the backlash we see now with regards to the Scott Brown deal!

i keep hearing that smith has back up targets, but i am struggling to think who we could possibly get at that price who is decent? i hope smith doesnt end up selling us short and we end up with no one

Worried about the amount of time it takes to strike a deal, our targets and back-up plans. I think £2million is too much for Naismith but who else can we get for that who is young, clearly a talent and someone who is happy on the right, left, behind the strikers or even upfront. Naismith will hurt teams and he scores goals. Can beat a man and cross a ball with both feet.

Worried about the amount of time it takes to strike a deal, our targets and back-up plans. I think £2million is too much for Naismith but who else can we get for that who is young, clearly a talent and someone who is happy on the right, left, behind the strikers or even upfront. Naismith will hurt teams and he scores goals. Can beat a man and cross a ball with both feet.

His versatility could have the value of two squad players over the course of the season and for that reason I think Naismith is worth paying the extra £200,000 or so that they probably want for him.

And because we wont pay a little bit extra now the chances are we could end up panic buying a player now. And we all know what can happen there!

Smith clearly wants him, 4 bids or whatever the f*ck it is?

Just wish we'd get our finger out, get the deals done and concentrate on the season ahead. Smith stated that he wanted his signings done early. We're now almost in August and soon reaching the CL qualifiers and we are 2-3 quality players short.