Boydie's form

cooper1989

First, love big Boydie...

But.. has he lost some form? Going to back the the end of last year and the Scotland games... he's missed some sitters. I hope it's only a wee dip in form (and a certain Mr. McCoist made a habit of missing sitters too).

But, I really don't know.. I have an uneasy feeling for Boydie this year... Hopefully my fears are unfounded. But it does seem he's missing the stuff that he usually puts away with ease?

Anyone else feel this way? Or am I completely wrong?

Thought he looked good in the Scotland games, missed a couple of chances, bt looked much better with his all round play - setting up two goals. And always hard to judge a player in a few wee pre-season games. couple goals early in the season and he should be fine (tu)

ITs the summer... hes lost form because he hasn't been playing football to score.

Lighten up... sake, boy has only had 135 minutes of football and hes lost form?

Please... stop nitpicking at stuff because the regular footy isn't on.

ITs the summer... hes lost form because he hasn't been playing football to score.

:clap: well said

Not really talking about the pre-season mate -- although he has done nothing. Really going back to the end of last year... Just a bad feeling I have .. But... let's hope all is ok and business as usual. (tu)

Big season ahead for Boyd(well for the whole team)

Absolutely. He can't be poor on a regular basis as their are plenty of players waiting in the wings to take his place.....tbh :craphead:

And hopefully by having these players it will make Boyd a better player.

Not really talking about the pre-season mate -- although he has done nothing. Really going back to the end of last year...

Exactly. He had about 5/6 games in a row towards the end of the season without scoring too. I was pissed at that time since Smith only puts 1 up front and it was like being a man down.

But.. has he lost some form? Going to back the the end of last year and the Scotland games... he's missed some sitters. I hope it's only a wee dip in form (and a certain Mr. McCoist made a habit of missing sitters too).

But, I really don't know.. I have an uneasy feeling for Boydie this year... Hopefully my fears are unfounded. But it does seem he's missing the stuff that he usually puts away with ease?

If Charlie Adam had been our penalty taker last season,he would have been our top scorer.Your fears are well founded. :(

If it wasn't for the goal against Celtic he'd be on a terrible run of form. Of course every striker will have a bad run. There was no way he was going to keep his rate up forever. That's the problem when your so one dimensional as Boyd though. If your are going to contribute nothing else to the team when you don't score, your lean spells can mean we play a man down. Everyone who said he needs to add more to his game are right.

If Charlie Adam had been our penalty taker last season,he would have been our top scorer.Your fears are well founded. :(

Indeed.