I doubt we have the mentality as a club to go forward

The standards of the people within the club has dropped dramatically, go into the stadium now there are chips out dressing room doors marks over the walls , paintings squint in the corridors ,they are all stupid wee things but also indicators of the standards now , things like that would never be allowed in a Walter Smith etc era 

If the board truly had the ambition, hunger and need to see Rangers winning title 55 sometime in the next few seasons then they would not have appointed an untried unproven person - an apprentice training manager in effect - to the most important job at the Club.   No competent board in any industry I can think of would invest the future success (and profit) of an enterprise in making that sort seemingly reckless gamble of an appointment.   Its the equivalent of a throw of the dice and crossing fingers in the hope it turns out to be a winning throw.   Its a risk-laden gamble.  

It's only done when they can't attract a far better quality, far more experienced, far more capable manager.  By 'attract' I include being able to afford to do so. 

The nose and tail of it is this board has the Club in such a poor financial state through insufficient investment to make the appointment of a proper, and credible,  football manager impossible.   They have taken us to bargain basement management where its seems to them that the only affordable choice was Murty.    Nothing will change come summer unless there is a spectacular fall off in form that threatens to spill over into the start of next season.   Murty has the job now, and will have the job at the start of next season because there is no better alternative that the board can afford now or will be able to afford.

In sticking with Murty because its not possible to do anything different it means the board pays lip service to being serious about title challenging and is really saying by its actions (and lack of ability to generate faar better investment whilst holding on to power) that its really now about being competitive among the best of the rest.  That's the reality as I currently see it.  A reality that only changes if there is material change at board level that brings in far more investment.

Murty at the managerial helm with the board as it currently is behind him takes us into football mediocrity where seasons come and go not with and expectation of challenging properly for the title but simply a hope that we might be able to if the other lot somehow slip.        

3 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Delia's record at celtic:

2014/15 finished with 92pts.

2015/16 finished with 86pts.

they never played us in that league i reckon we would have beat that dalia team at least once, i say we take at least 4 points of that side. murt got draws with this celtic. i bet that team would do about 80 points. i reckon we get about 70 this season?? if we got a good manager, 75 anyway.

neck and neck

3 hours ago, Salenko,s Golden boot said:

Mate, how can we not be far away from them when theres only 1 player who would get into their squad, never mind first 11?

hes getting 100% ish out of his players.  thats not normal. rogic didnt play i think beore he come now hes 1 of the best in scotland. for an example.  thats not normal and another manager wont get that for them.

also i quite like murty tbh. but hes the u20s manager. what u think he is getting out of them?  not 100% anyway right? so say its like 85 i dunno.  but you get the point.

honest i dont think we are that far behind them. its our u20s manager v an ellite epl type manager (or not dont want to argue about this but hes above normal scottish level). theres a load of ground to get back if we get our next appointment right and esp. if they get theres wrong.

7 hours ago, gj923 said:

Having the right people in key positions who are not Robertson etc is the way forward right now

Complete fan ownership is possible. Just say 20,000 of us paid a yearly fee of £200 to be members. That’s £4,000,000 a year in the coffers. The fans elect members onto a board who take care of the day to day running of the club. All the major decisions, eg stadium upgrades, club structure, investment in key areas is put to a member vote

Stirling Albion do it in a much smaller scale.

2 minutes ago, gersandy said:

Complete fan ownership is possible. Just say 20,000 of us paid a yearly fee of £200 to be members. That’s £4,000,000 a year in the coffers. The fans elect members onto a board who take care of the day to day running of the club. All the major decisions, eg stadium upgrades, club structure, investment in key areas is put to a member vote

Stirling Albion do it in a much smaller scale.

Hearts do also but the key difference is the transparency and goverenance involved in theirs with club 1872

46 minutes ago, Rumblepack said:

they never played us in that league i reckon we would have beat that dalia team at least once, i say we take at least 4 points of that side. murt got draws with this celtic. i bet that team would do about 80 points. i reckon we get about 70 this season?? if we got a good manager, 75 anyway.

neck and neck

Delia's team finished with totals of 92 and 86 which is well above our current levels of performance.  celtic would need to win their next 8 league games just to finish the league on 92 points and match Delia's first season.  They're hitting the same levels of performance this season.  This Rodgers side hasn't won more than four league games in a row Delia's team were winning as much as 15 league games on the bounce.

If we had a better manager and beat them whenever we played them then we could challenge for the league now.  Rodgers or Delia doesn't matter as we wouldn't/can't beat either until we get our own house in order.