Barry Ferguson Career Gross Income

I was watching Barry earlier and I know he was Declared bankrupt a while back, and I know that doesn't mean for these guys that they are pauperised as it would be for you and me. But what would be interesting to know would be since 1998 when he broke into the Rangers team, what roughly would have been his career earnings before tax. Just looking for a ballpark figure. Including wages, sponsorship etc.

2 hours ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

Bit off topic but after watching the FA youth cup final that Chelsea won the other week I was speaking to my cousins man from down south and he says the Chelsea youth captain who is 17 is on 30k a week down there.....talk about a financial gap ffs...

1.4 million a year in the youth team? Footballs done man

7 hours ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

Bit off topic but after watching the FA youth cup final that Chelsea won the other week I was speaking to my cousins man from down south and he says the Chelsea youth captain who is 17 is on 30k a week down there.....talk about a financial gap ffs...

FFS. That's mental. I remember when Billy Gilmour left us someone said in the thread that he could be on 10K per week. If what you say is true then it is completely believable that Billy is on that or thereabouts. Money has ruined the game for years but when Billy left us at age 16 that was when I realised how truly fucked it is.

10 hours ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

Fucking nuts isn't it

3 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

FFS. That's mental. I remember when Billy Gilmour left us someone said in the thread that he could be on 10K per week. If what you say is true then it is completely believable that Billy is on that or thereabouts. Money has ruined the game for years but when Billy left us at age 16 that was when I realised how truly fucked it is.

It is mental, but it can still be a very short career if you get a bad injury.

10 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Aye mate @Gascoigne8 told me they have around 15 players on over 20k pw :lol:

Iirc liverpool tried to get teams to sign up to an acadamy wage cap. They wanted teams to agree that a first year professional (17) couldnt be paid more than £40k PER WEEK unless he was out on loan at a league club then you could top his wages up. Madness and it also goes to show why a lot of boys dont seem to go on loan and fall out the game as smaller clubs cant even afford to loan them. Im sure that josh mceachran who was at chelsea was loaned to middlesborough and was on £30k a week as an 18 year old

On 11/05/2018 at 18:01, The Ibrox Derry said:

I was watching Barry earlier and I know he was Declared bankrupt a while back, and I know that doesn't mean for these guys that they are pauperised as it would be for you and me. But what would be interesting to know would be since 1998 when he broke into the Rangers team, what roughly would have been his career earnings before tax. Just looking for a ballpark figure. Including wages, sponsorship etc.

Fck BFerguson on that ITV2 show wait for this BF quote " Scott Brown deserves Scotland POY" he is a real professional and could play on for another 6 or 7 years he deserves the plaudits. BF GTF