***Rangers v Ajax***

Muff

good performence against a far superior team they were so much better but there highlights from us, some good saves from mcgregor, cuellar looked solid, weir wae solid marked hunterlaar out the game, hutton was good going forward and defending, papac was good, boyd looked fit slightly pacey put a sift,darcheville has that argression(maybe a bit too much) what has been missing, mcculloch for me was immense great in the air won everything missed a sitter tho, only downside for me was charlie adam so pasing was woeful, but am allround happy wi the performence like a said it was against a far superior team

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My mate is just back from the game and he is absolutely appauled with the condition of Ibrox. The place needs a good coat of paint, the toilets in the GF were a disgrace, the seats were still sticky from last season and covered in bird sh*te and there were even wrappers lying about the place.

You pay all that money for friendlies and ST yet the club cant even keep the stadium tidy, its an absolute disgrace. They just dont care about us any longer.

Ajax were the better team on the night and will take more out of the game than Rangers. They came to play football and passed the ball around for fun. There 1 and 2 touch passing and movement was a joy to watch. However Ajax lacked a cutting edge and couldnt really get inbehind the back 4 (Which fell deeper and deeper during the game)

When Rangers got the ball, there was some neat interchanging, But it was few and far between. We tried to hit them on the counter attack a few times, But never really had the quality or the numbers to perform this correctly. No surprise our goal came from a set piece.

Cueller looked solid and will be a great asset to the team next season, But the likes of Barry Ferguson, Charlie Adam and Kris Boyd looked a little of the pace ( Or maybe they just werent allowed to play)

In conclusion, 1-1 isnt a bad result, But the lack of quality within the team/squad is evident for all to see. Really need a quality player who can link middle to front, Which will allow more support to get up the park.

Chelsea will be a different propositon and it will be backs to the wall from the 1 minute to the last.

I'm also just back from the match and wholeheartedly agree with this view. Didn't see Barry pushing forward tho I thoug feck as ht Boyd lookos more lively and I bolded a part as it was brilliant. Again, impressed with Weir. Get Sebo to feck as far as I'm concerned, starting to get annoyed with this farce. Didn't like Lee as much i person either.

The first half showed some promise, the back four & McGregor were solid enough. After the break I think it is difficult to say much about it with all the changes to the team

Would like to see a good R midfielder/winger come in so that we can get McCulloch on the left, who I thought he played really well tonight.

I also hope Walter sticks with the 4 4 2 and plays Boyd & Darcheville together so they get the chance to form a partnership up front.

Ajax were the better team on the night and will take more out of the game than Rangers. They came to play football and passed the ball around for fun. There 1 and 2 touch passing and movement was a joy to watch. However Ajax lacked a cutting edge and couldnt really get inbehind the back 4 (Which fell deeper and deeper during the game)

When Rangers got the ball, there was some neat interchanging, But it was few and far between. We tried to hit them on the counter attack a few times, But never really had the quality or the numbers to perform this correctly. No surprise our goal came from a set piece.

Cueller looked solid and will be a great asset to the team next season, But the likes of Barry Ferguson, Charlie Adam and Kris Boyd looked a little of the pace ( Or maybe they just werent allowed to play)

In conclusion, 1-1 isnt a bad result, But the lack of quality within the team/squad is evident for all to see. Really need a quality player who can link middle to front, Which will allow more support to get up the park.

Chelsea will be a different propositon and it will be backs to the wall from the 1 minute to the last.

2nd half they looked a better side in my opinion the 1st half they were at times dangerous but not to much to concern us about. Jonny Heitinga was absolutely outstanding for them 2nite in the heart of midfield the guy was brought through the ranks as a right back but i thought he was Ajax's best player on the park. The dangerman Sneijder was quiet in the 1st half but 2nd half he started pulling the strings and thank fook they took him off or else he would of destroyed us. Heitinga, Maduro adn Emanuelson were Ajax's best players 2nite and a thought the goal they scored was a very good goal aswell lovely passing move switching it from wing to wing and then lovely ball in by Rommedahl i think it was.

As for us Darcheville played well but has to watch his temper or else he is gonna spend more time on the sidelines suspended rather than playing, Cuellar looks a very good signing a very good solid defender although does have lapses in concentration at times, McCulloch had a very good game aswell i doubted the signing of him but a think he could become a very important player, Beasley was rather disappointing has all the pace in the world and didnt seem to want to make use of it, Burke is still gash and should be punted and Charlie Adam was pretty poor yet again.

Just back from holiday in USA this morning and have seen or heard nothing about our previous friendlies so here is my assessment of the game tonight.

We looked reasonably good playing 2 up front and despite my reservations about signing McCulloch I thought he had a solid hard working game. D'archville certainly has pace and is as mad as a hatter but I don't see him as a prolific striker Cuellar looks to be a good buy. When we changed to 1 up front and Barry playing the supporting striker it worked as badly as it did last season and I wish someone would talk Walter out of persisting with it.

What was apparent in the 2nd half is that Broadfoot will never be a left back, terrible positioning, lack of a left foot, poor concentration and no brains. Burke is still a disgrace on tonights showing. Beasley looks out of his depth and looked very lightweight. Sebo has no touch, no idea of when and where to make runs and seems far more popular than our top scorer with our fans. Adam still looks cumbersome and lacking control and judgement.

I never read much into friendlies but I left Ibrox tonight jetlagged and wondering where we are going this season,worried about what system Walter will use and about some of our new signings and existing players. Hope that the Chelsea match will make things clearer and give more hope.

just back and as much as a good passing team they were, they got to our flanks then were pushed back again, they did very little with the ball and when you look at chances created, we were pretty even. I must also say they looked content at passing the ball around their back 4 whenever they got the ball yet we tried to go forward, arguably being the better side in the first 30 minutes. JCD, what a nutcase. Cuellar, already proving to be a good buy and will go on to flourish i reckon. mculloch was winning a lot of headers aswell. dont think beasly is a last 15 minutes type of players and hopefully he starts againts chelsea because adam was poor

I was very disappointed with Hemdani tonight tbh as every pass he made was back to defence ad if he ever made a pass forward it very rarely reached it's target. We should cash in on him imo as he cost us nothing and we have Kevin Thomson in the same position ??? jmo

Carlos C really impressed me tonight with his abililty in the air and timing of interceptions. He did a grand job of keeping Huntelaar at bay.

I was very disappointed with Hemdani tonight tbh as every pass he made was back to defence ad if he ever made a pass forward it very rarely reached it's target. We should cash in on him imo as he cost us nothing and we have Kevin Thomson in the same position ??? jmo

Carlos C really impressed me tonight with his abililty in the air and timing of interceptions. He did a grand job of keeping Huntelaar at bay.

Hemdani passing backwards ? No way! :craphead: