Flanagan

9 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Was a lot more adventurous when he burst on the scene at Liverpool not sure if that’s how Stevie wants him to play or the injury just doesn’t let him bomb up and down the touch line anymore. 

Either way he’s still head and shoulders above John or Wallace. 

Think it is more he is happier on the right mate.

3 hours ago, King Jela said:

I gave him stick after Thursday but he was absolutely brilliant today. First league game for us away to somewhere as hostile as Aberdeen and he never bat an eyelid. 

He's been to Old Trafford, the scumdome would not phase him after that sort of experience.

2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Katic looked a bit nervous today I thought.

Not sure what that was from Goldson for their goal though and Tav didn't cover himself in glory there either.

Watched their goal again you could say it was a couple of errors from two of our players how the fuck tav did not just boot the ball up field I don't know ? And fuck knows what goldson was doing diving in like that he should of tried to block it. 

19 minutes ago, Malvern said:

I liked him on the right at Liverpool, as honest as you will get as a player, not the best and certainly not the biggest but he will give you his heart on a plate and get stuck in for the club.

Not every player we sign can be a super star especially with our funding "issues" but a good solid no frills defender who will do what the hell needs to be done is fine by me, I was delighted when we got the lad.

Did he spend quite a bit of a season at left back?

24 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Did he spend quite a bit of a season at left back?

Not a lot, he was mainly cover for right back but did double to left back every now and then. Didn't get a lot of first team game time due to the two in front of him but he is a solid wee unit and can hold his ground and doesn't mind getting a dig in the ribs as he will take your legs out.

He might have beaten his woman once but he usually beats wingers a damn sight worse and they cry more.

10 hours ago, Zappa6995 said:

Put up with a lot of shite today which unfortunately for him is going to be the norm up here, played well today and was solid.

Considering the amount of shite that's been flung at him in the past few years (deservedly) what he gets up here won't bother him. The only thing that will concern him is pleasing the Rangers fans and repaying the faith that Steven Gerrard put in him, both as a person and a footballer. Considering that he's a better right back than he is playing on the left of the defence, he's going pretty good.

I’m still not sure about him at left back seems to get beat everytime the winger goes for the byline but solid when they cut inwards.

He holds his position well and doesn’t shy out of a tackle but doesn’t offer the same overlapping wingback style that’s the norm now adays.

14 hours ago, GT66 said:

Wouldn't pay the rumoured 2 million for that lb. 

Better using that money towards another Cb and forward. 

He looked good our game over there, but we let them come onto us. At Ibrox it was a different story with Candeias keeping him out of the game. 

I only got there at the 20th minute to the 80th, but in those 60 mins I wasn't really impressed with him at Ibrox. 

Glad you are not the manager! The guy was excellent in both legs both defensively and attacking(scored their goal too) 2m is a bargain and we would make a few bob when he moves on too! 

Think over time he will prove to be one of the better signings. He will however not be the type to sprint forward and get crosses into the box in a regular basis as he is probably the most defensive minded fullback we have had since Papac.  But If we are to progress in Europe and be defensive stronger in the tighter games he will be a big player.

On 06/08/2018 at 06:17, GeeSS said:

Glad you are not the manager! The guy was excellent in both legs both defensively and attacking(scored their goal too) 2m is a bargain and we would make a few bob when he moves on too! 

You're glad I'm not the manager because I wouldn't sign a guy I've only seen twice for 2 million. 

Don't doubt Gerrards done more research, but highly doubt you've seen, or even knew who he was before our games. 

1 hour ago, GT66 said:

You're glad I'm not the manager because I wouldn't sign a guy I've only seen twice for 2 million. 

Don't doubt Gerrards done more research, but highly doubt you've seen, or even knew who he was before our games. 

first impression is a lasting one and I could see straight away that ability wise he was way better than anything we have at 2.2m he is good value  as with any transfer it’s a gamble as we do not know how he will settle into a new club and country but I think for the small fee involved it’s a good move 

1 hour ago, GT66 said:

Hadn’t heard of Katic Goldson Coulibaly  either. 

Thats why we have a scouting network

31 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

first impression is a lasting one and I could see straight away that ability wise he was way better than anything we have at 2.2m he is good value  as with any transfer it’s a gamble as we do not know how he will settle into a new club and country but I think for the small fee involved it’s a good move 

I kind of agree, and think he looks good, but in the context of our transfer budget and where we are with a dearth of strikers then the 2.2m reported isn't a small fee.