Drawing Comparisons

hammer93

Aye like I haven't even mentioned to them about the whole not being able to afford the wage bill because I haven't a notion what any of their players are on or how much money they actually have 

I'd struggle to name the starting 11 for them mate, really don't care about any other team in the league bar us.

9 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Since the arrival of SG there have been many comparisons about eras in our club, the most notable being his appointment being compared to the Appointment of Souness, whilst it's hard to deny the most obvious of comparisons in the 2 appointments our football worlds from 1986 to 2018 were night and day.

It got me thinking to another season, the 2000/2001 season, this is where i see genuine comparisons, the previous 2 seasons we witnessed 2 easy league wins which involved a treble 5 trophies won and significant progress in Europe, The wee General had transformed us but did spend a helluva a lot of money doing so, the tims were in absolute turmoil, as we were still buying players that summer our squad was so big at one point we could genuinely of fielded 3 different starting 11s that we felt would hold it's own in the scottish game, we had just won the league by 18pts and were miles in front.

That season the tims brought in MO and to be fair they gave him money to assemble a team, what followed was probably not what any of us expected as we lost the league by 21pts, The wee Generals invincibility was gone, he lost the dressing room and we were a shadow of the team from the previous season.

I guess what i'm alluding to here is we were so far in front it was inconceivable that such a gap could be closed never mind it to have a 39pt swing

Tonight and the previous weeks have seen the mask of brenda slip also, the squad is huge, the wage bill is even bigger but most importantly brenda is no longer seen as the mesiah who can do no wrong, we on the other hand are starting to look more settled on and more importantly off the park, we are building a decent without being over spectacular squad which has a decent blend of youth, power and pace.

Like i have said the comparisons are all very evident to me, for the 1st time in ages i honestly believe they will do a lot of the job for us as much as we did for them in 2000/2001

It's a good comparison

We are in the process of doing what MON did. Building a big powerful side to dominate against the opposition in the league.

Their total operating revenue last year was £90M - which included approx £25M of CL money. There total operating expenses were £76M. If you subtract the CL money from the revenue you have an operating revenue of £65M. If your operating expenses remain the same, you are in a hole for £11M.

Simplistic probably - but taken straight from their accounts.

11 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Since the arrival of SG there have been many comparisons about eras in our club, the most notable being his appointment being compared to the Appointment of Souness, whilst it's hard to deny the most obvious of comparisons in the 2 appointments our football worlds from 1986 to 2018 were night and day.

It got me thinking to another season, the 2000/2001 season, this is where i see genuine comparisons, the previous 2 seasons we witnessed 2 easy league wins which involved a treble 5 trophies won and significant progress in Europe, The wee General had transformed us but did spend a helluva a lot of money doing so, the tims were in absolute turmoil, as we were still buying players that summer our squad was so big at one point we could genuinely of fielded 3 different starting 11s that we felt would hold it's own in the scottish game, we had just won the league by 18pts and were miles in front.

That season the tims brought in MO and to be fair they gave him money to assemble a team, what followed was probably not what any of us expected as we lost the league by 21pts, The wee Generals invincibility was gone, he lost the dressing room and we were a shadow of the team from the previous season.

I guess what i'm alluding to here is we were so far in front it was inconceivable that such a gap could be closed never mind it to have a 39pt swing

Tonight and the previous weeks have seen the mask of brenda slip also, the squad is huge, the wage bill is even bigger but most importantly brenda is no longer seen as the mesiah who can do no wrong, we on the other hand are starting to look more settled on and more importantly off the park, we are building a decent without being over spectacular squad which has a decent blend of youth, power and pace.

Like i have said the comparisons are all very evident to me, for the 1st time in ages i honestly believe they will do a lot of the job for us as much as we did for them in 2000/2001

Spot on mate. Was talking about 99/00 and 00/01 a few weeks back. Even how we lost 5-0 there was so comparable our 4-0 win at Ibrox in 2000. 

As you say in 01 we were 21 points behind. Last season we were 12 behind and that was a much much better Rangers team even with all of Advocaat's tampering.

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Is their wage bill as big as it's said it is though?

The taigs I work with claim it's nowhere near as big as our support is making out. I haven't a clue as I know next to nothing about their club or how they conduct their finances. 

Trust me the less you know about their club the less disgusted you will be

Ha