We needed a leader of men

plumbGER

9 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Yes, I see your point but Stevie has instilled the siege mentality in his group of players and that will stand them in good stead imo.

I hope so ( and expect so) but we have seem players let this game pass them by, especially their first - but we shall soon know - I hope we show the dig and fight we expect. ( and if Scott Brown gets clattered a few times even better) 

9 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

I understand the point you make but this is where the recruitment of McGregor and Lafferty makes so much sense. In addition to what they bring on the pitch, they’ll have war stories of previous games where we’ve turned them over.

It will certainly help - Morelos and tavernier ( and Halliday) have all been there as well - let’s hope it goes well. 

18 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I hope so ( and expect so) but we have seem players let this game pass them by, especially their first - but we shall soon know - I hope we show the dig and fight we expect. ( and if Scott Brown gets clattered a few times even better) 

Fuck Scott Brown. 

You know what I am looking forward to? More than the end of the horribly titled “banter years”, I look forward to the day our fans stop mentioning Scott Brown as if he is some sort of Scottish Pirlo. 

I fully understand that he has intimidated our midfield during This horrible period in our history but he is a bang average player and the fan and media obsession with him has really aided and abetted his ability to intimidate our midfielders. 

If there is nothing else that comes from today’s game I hope it is the end of the aura that has been built up around him and we never have to see posts saying “I hope bear X breaks Lego munchers legs” again

Brown gets made to look the average player he is anytime he comes against teams that don’t fear him 

47 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Fuck Scott Brown. 

You know what I am looking forward to? More than the end of the horribly titled “banter years”, I look forward to the day our fans stop mentioning Scott Brown as if he is some sort of Scottish Pirlo. 

I fully understand that he has intimidated our midfield during This horrible period in our history but he is a bang average player and the fan and media obsession with him has really aided and abetted his ability to intimidate our midfielders. 

If there is nothing else that comes from today’s game I hope it is the end of the aura that has been built up around him and we never have to see posts saying “I hope bear X breaks Lego munchers legs” again

Brown gets made to look the average player he is anytime he comes against teams that don’t fear him 

This:tu:

Banter years is horrific patter and spot on about Brown.

13 hours ago, plumbGER said:

And our much-maligned board gave us one.

Tomorrow he leads our team into the lions den with 59,200 fans against him and desperate to inflict his first defeat.

The hatred levels will be cranked right up but I trust no-one else more just now than our Steven to get our players in the right mindset and to prepare them for battle.

Even if we don't take anything from the game tomorrow, I have complete faith in Steven getting us back to the top in this shithole of a country, brushing aside all the teams who kicked us when we were down.

No Surrender Steven Gerrard:UK:

Steven+Gerrard+Unveiled+New+Manager+Rangers+xm2g3oQ6Nh8l.jpg

Well said @plumbGER , fuck do I feel a fanny now criticising his appointment :lol: 

Youre spot on though , for the first time in many a manager I feel we won't collapse like a deck of cards if it doesn't go our way today . Getting away from the bravado , it's a big ask going there with most players having never experienced it and those that have will have never done so with such little support .

I feel we have a good chance today of getting something out the game , but , like I say ,  if we don't , such is the character of the man that we'll just get up and start again whereas in years gone by we'd have fallen to pieces . And that is good management . 

2 hours ago, Bakbear said:

Fuck Scott Brown. 

Totally agree with you . We , as fans , give him too much coverage that he'll be loving the notoriety . He's getting away with it because we've hardly had a midfield to boast about . Funny how you never heard much about him in the days of Mendes , Davis , Thompson and Edu etc. 

16 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Well said @plumbGER , fuck do I feel a fanny now criticising his appointment :lol: 

Youre spot on though , for the first time in many a manager I feel we won't collapse like a deck of cards if it doesn't go our way today . Getting away from the bravado , it's a big ask going there with most players having never experienced it and those that have will have never done so with such little support .

I feel we have a good chance today of getting something out the game , but , like I say ,  if we don't , such is the character of the man that we'll just get up and start again whereas in years gone by we'd have fallen to pieces . And that is good management . 

Yes mate, win lose or draw today, I still think Steven is the man to lead us to 55.

The character of the man is unquestionable imo, true leader of men as I said in my OP.

Nerves are shredded:UK: