Europe

Jack The Flipper

1 minute ago, RosscoRFC87 said:

Look for my post detrimental effect on the league, (after that Motherwell performance)  I had my concerns.

if you could, sounds like we’re on the same wavelength anyway man 

understand now, i just don't think we have the players or mentality yet to compete in all competitions, the only way we'll succeed is concentrating on one

2 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I disagree, we would have had more time drilling the team instead of throwing all these new players in at the deep end. it's not just tiredness.

It fucks me off how many times we've been unable to capitalise on moments to put the scum team under pressure

every time we make it easy for them, i think they'll crumble  under pressure

your right, it's not just tiredness, it's a team that blow hot and cold and who are still limited up top. Hearts, Aberdeen and a few others will take points from us this season, we need to make these OF games count as the scum will just bolster the shit out their team in January to ensure they don't suffer from the sheep or hearts going forward. 

We need Europe to have the funds to mount a challenge in the league. 

Gerrard has had to completely revamp the team and be expected to qualify for Europe and mount a challenge at home. Massive ask. Not helped by a really tough start to the league as well.

Im not overly concerned at this stage. I know we’ll be a lot better come the next meeting with them. People have got to be more realistic IMO.

8 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Because we set up defensively to contain and save energy for later in the game, i thought that was obvious? 

Was totally obvious. We lost this game a week ago on Thursday at ibrox when we never put the Russians properly to the sword and because of morelos mouthiness.

3 minutes ago, chris182 said:

We need Europe to have the funds to mount a challenge in the league. 

Gerrard has had to completely revamp the team and be expected to qualify for Europe and mount a challenge at home. Massive ask. Not helped by a really tough start to the league as well.

Im not overly concerned at this stage. I know we’ll be a lot better come the next meeting with them. People have got to be more realistic IMO.

they just sold a player for around 20m

we cannot compete with them financially full stop

i'd rather we didn't take europe seriously from now on until we're in a better position

We've spent about £10m and so far we've won one of our 4 league games.  If it weren't for our good results in Europe the start of this season would be considered a disaster.  At least we don't need to play celtic again until Christmas by then maybe we will have grown as a team - Manager and players alike.  

For weeks we've hardly had time to work on training. We are trying to bed in 14 (now 15) new players, some very recent. Games have been 2 a week for weeks. We're just back from the middle of Russia and playing at parkheed just over 50 hours later. We keep them out in the first half. The ref gives them repeated free kicks for very little so we cannot pressure them too much. They score a goal with full collusion of the ref in not giving a blatant foul (no question about it). They manage to win 1-0.

No, we weren't great, maybe the tactics suited the heaviness of legs rather than the ability of the team. We really did not pass well and our retention was poor. We need a few easier weeks, working on teamwork in attacking. We've proven we can defend pretty well. There's only 6 euro games in 3 months now so we have more recovery time and our squad has grown a little. We will have Coulibaly back and Grezia come in. More squad rotation. We have built a good foundation to work from.

Overall, we are in a good place but today bloody hurts.

Next time will be different.

lets be honest , their defence strolled that game and they are a terrible defence, we didn’t presure them at all, they were there for the beating and same as last week at Motherwell we sat back and allowed them to come at us until they get the breakthrough , we all know the way to beat them is to get at them but we were miles away today, very lucky it was only 1-0