No excuses

Dickie

26 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

We need to force gordon into kicking long in these games and we just didn't do it 

Agreed. Far too easy for Brown and Ntcham to take it. If Morelos, Lafferty and Kent press higher they force Gordon to kick, even if they win the 50/50 they are hardly in behind us.

55 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

So here is what you are saying 

if Coulibally was playing, we never got anyone sent off, we hadn’t been playing in Europe and all them players had been together for a season- we could beat them maybe?

read that out loud mate and see how stupid it sounds. 

You fail to mention anything about actual football tactics, conveniently 

That is EXACTLY what I’m saying.

Doesn’t sound stupid in the slightest. In fact what you have just presented as my position seems pretty logical.

As for tactics, you never mentioned tactics in your reply, you referred to similar schedules.

Tactics are driven in part by what players you have available and also what those players have left in the tank.

You don’t play a pressing game on a big pitch against what has been the best team in the League for years when you know your players are shattered.

Similarly you can’t/shouldn’t play the same style of play when you’re missing the main component of that formula who, in this instance, is Coulibally.

Personally I thought we were employing ‘rope a dope’ type tactics, hoping celtic would burn themselves out with 15-20 mins to go. Them scoring fucked that plan right up. 

What tactics would you have employed?

If we came away with a draw we would probably all be raving about a display in the face of adversity and how the players gave one last push after a punishing schedule.

As it happened, regardless of performance, we got beat by a breakaway goal following a foul (soft or otherwise it was a foul) and knee jerk reactions kick in.

I agree that substitutions should have been put to better use but to be honest, the bench was poor and offered no guarantee of a change in fortunes.

EDIT:

also, players wear GPS in training and in games so the stats from these WILL determine tactics. If the data feedback suggests players are 5/10/15% short in distance covered, speed and application you can’t ignore that.