Charlie Adam

Danny

I've been watching this guy closely for the past year, and it genuinely worries me that he might stake a regular place in our starting 11.

Originally, he came through the youth system, and was a pretty undistinguished individual who ended up in the bowels of the first division, before PLG decided to try him in the first team. The leap there is pretty substantial, but I felt Tuesday's display summed Adam up and epitomised his entire game.

He can do almost nothing else beyond smacking shots or long balls with his left peg. That is literally his entire performance.

I was worried last term that he was performing inside a shell, and needed to develop. I am seeing no sign that he WILL develop.

At one point he was on the left wing trying to take on an Ajax defender, and he has neither the skill nor pace to do that, so I knew the move would peter out. He gives us no outlet on the left at all, so he simply cannot be used as a winger, and his crossing is basically awful, so it's not like he's got smashing distribution to save him.

His game is quite appallingly one dimensional, and surely to God Beasley and McCulloch will fight for that spot, with Adam as backup?

Yes, I admit he gets a few goals, but he offers us nothing else. If he was a striker, that would be fine...maybe. But for a midfielder, is that enough?

I admit he gets a few goals, but he offers us nothing else. If he was a striker, that would be fine...maybe. But for a midfielder, is that enough?

This is the thing.

When I defend Boyd by saying "He scores goals," people compare this to Adam and think that this is why he must remain in the team.

However, Boyd is put on the park to put the ball in the back of the net, Charlie Adam is not.

Adam's job is to assist goals, and there is little doubt that he is rarely capable of doing so.

For a start he isn't a left winger. He doesn't have the pace or skill to be out there. I can't remember the last time adam bet his man one on one out on that left wing.

The boy is an AMF, he needs to play straight down the middle where he's good range of passing can be utilized.

But we've paid big money for Thomson and you can't drop Ferguson and Hemdani as they're easily our best two midfielders. So there's nowhere for him to play in that area. We have Beasley and McCulloch on the left now. So I can easily see him being on the bench most of the season.

Adam, now more of an option in the centre?

I think so.

We haven't brought in competition in the center midfield, and whilst Ferguson, Thomson and/or Hemdani will play most games, we need someone else in there. I think it may well be Adam.

The thing is, I don't think he really is a winger and hence gets the Beckham treatment. He's a central midfielder, who is pushed out wide - a very british thing that.

The thing is, I don't think he really is a winger and hence gets the Beckham treatment. He's a central midfielder, who is pushed out wide - a very british thing that.

Untill he improves his decision making, I don't think we can afford to play him in the center of the park, to be honest with you.

Like Kris Boyd, His goals saved him from the critisism his performances for the team warranted.

Adam has never been a great player, Nor will he ever go on to become one. We find it difficult to carry one lazy individual, without having to carry two.

Boyd or Adam, But not both in the same team for me. 9/10 Boyd will get the nod, So Adam better get used to warming that bench.

For a start he isn't a left winger. He doesn't have the pace or skill to be out there. I can't remember the last time adam bet his man one on one out on that left wing.

The boy is an AMF, he needs to play straight down the middle where he's good range of passing can be utilized.

But we've paid big money for Thomson and you can't drop Ferguson and Hemdani as they're easily our best two midfielders. So there's nowhere for him to play in that area. We have Beasley and McCulloch on the left now. So I can easily see him being on the bench most of the season.

Agree with it all bar the notion he has a good range of passing. I've never seen it m8.

Agree with it all bar the notion he has a good range of passing. I've never seen it m8.

One that springs to mind is his assist for Sionko in the first game of the season, that was an exeptional pass. Other than that though, I've not seen much in terms of good passing.

A lot of fair points have been raised regarding Adam. Last season it was evident he was not fit enough. He often drifted out of games. His crossing is not consistent either.

However, 14 goals for a midfielder is a great statistic! People complain about Boyd not doing enough upfront and the counter arguement is that he puts the ball away. Why can't the same be said for Adam as an attacking midfielder?

I believe his best position would be more central rather than on the left because his lack of pace. At least in a central position, providing his passing becomes more consistent, he can pass the ball in midfield or unleash one of our strikers.

I do think he has to improve. That being said, it was only his first season playing as a regular last year. There is no doubt that he is still learning. I wouldn't suggest him as a defenite starter but do think he should start here and there to keep him fit and learning.

He is a long way from having the quality that a real Rangers side needs. He got away with a lot last year because the entire team was dire and on numerous occassions, the only prospect of a goal came from Charlie Adam cracking in a drive or free kick.

A mark of whether the side is improving and whether we have true depth or not is if Adam and Novo are warming the bench. Both good lads, both served a purpose but neither should be in a side of true Rangers quality.

Guest orangpendek

it all depends on whether or not we get some goals from midfield without him. if we do, we won't see much of adam. if we don't, either thomson or hemdani will get heaved.

Thought it apt to bring this back.

Adam played in the middle in the second half with Beasley on his left. He was just as woeful there as he had been on the left in the first half.

He should be shot!

Gawd - you're not doing things by halves today are ye!

I told you I hate him that much!

I've never felt this way about any other Gers player before!

Charlie Adam was truely woeful today.

I know it will be difficult to remove him from the team due to his contribution in terms of goals, but surely a replacement would get us those goals through assists ?

He can't beat a man, makes terrible decisions and can't pass the ball.

I'm starting to doubt if he's capable, to be honest.

Play either Beasley or McCulloch on the left ahead of Adam. I bet you McCulloch would score more aswell than Adam did last season.

But even if Adams replacement didn't score so many goals, I'm positive we would make up for the goals through assists, which Adam doesn't get as he can't beat a man, or through keeping possesion, which Adam continually gives away ever so cheaply.

The amount of times he ran down the left today and just punted the ball to no-one! So one-dimentional it's unbelievable.

He should be shot!

Gawd - you're not doing things by halves today are ye!

I told you I hate him that much!

I've never felt this way about any other Gers player before!

Why do you hate him so much....

Do I really have to answer this question?