Steven Gerrard on Nikola Katic

Vision

13 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

Gerrards biggest mistake of the season playing Worrall instead of Katic 

Possibly/probably.  Could it not have been something in the agreement that dictated Worrall play xx games?  I can't believe that he was backed purely on his performances vs Katic, for so long.

I don’t think Katic should’ve been dropped but how can anyone on here possibly know that what’s Gerrard has said isn’t valid? The coaching team work with Katic on a daily basis and know him as a person more than anyone on here ever could.

Leaving out Katic was a big mistake I think its a case of an English player now manager(Gerrard) falling into the trap that they all do where they think English players are superior to other players.

On 30/04/2019 at 20:59, eejay the dj said:

Have to be honest 

That sounds like, a nice  bit of bullshit from our manager 

If anything .He was playing in a winning side and we hadn't lost 

He dropped him .Bollocks to his statement for managing his confidence 

It says everything about Katic ,that he is giving it twice more effort than the other useless Croats put together 

Well done to the big man 

Only other Croat we have mate is Barasic.

On 30/04/2019 at 19:03, Getstiffed said:

The constant second guessing of Gerrards handling of Katic has boiled my piss for months.

Gerrard said himself way back when he signed Katic that he'd be in and out of the team for the exact reasons he's given in that article and I'm willing to bet it became more necessary after the boys personal issues.

I agree, I don’t understand some people’s attitudes on this. Why so much distrust? Gerrard is privy to a lot of things we are not and it’s not an unusual thing for a manager to do - protect younger promising players so in the long run they are better for the club.

weird