Willie Collum.

foghorn leghorn

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Doesn’t mean it isn’t. Collum doesn’t have the luxury of a replay. I thought it was a yellow when it happened. Having the benefit of another angle and replay, it’s a red card.  Oh to be a ref/cunt.  

What was it when you saw it after the initial time that changed  your mind?

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Launching yourself into the tackle in itself isnt an offence. A bit like doing it 10 feet from an opponent isnt a red either.

I guess it’s the interpretation. He did make contact and both feet left the ground going into the tackle. 

10 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

I guess it’s the interpretation. He did make contact and both feet left the ground going into the tackle. 

Yes, but what you've described above isn't the definition of a red, and that's my point.

The rule states:

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

He lunges, no doubt about it. But there has to be at least 1 of 2 other criteria satisfied. Excessive force? Yes imo if his leading leg makes direct contact, it didn't, it went beyond Hayes foot. It was his thigh and perhaps trailing foot that brought down Hayes. That's why imo its nor excessive force (nowhere near brutality). And unlike Christie's leg break type challenge didn't endanger safety. 

I guess if he didnt lunge, no one would say it was more than a yellow, as it wasnt excessive force or endangering safety. Just because he lunged imo here hasn't really changed any of that.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yes, but what you've described above isn't the definition of a red, and that's my point.

The rule states:

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

He lunges, no doubt about it. But there has to be 1 of 2 other criteria satisfied. Excessive force? Yes imo if his leading leg makes direct contact, it didn't, it went beyond Hayes foot. It was his thigh and perhaps trailing foot that brought down Hayes. That's why imo its nor excessive force (nowhere near brutality). And unlike Christie's leg break type challenge didn't endanger safety. 

I guess if he didnt lunge, no one would say it was more than a yellow, as it wasnt excessive force or endangering safety. Just because he lunged imo here hasn't really changed any of that.

I guess we have to agree to disagree. I think he endangered the player with serious foul play but only after replay I noticed it. 

Archived