The remainder of the season

Malkytfp1

15 minutes ago, Don54 said:

I think this seasons will be 51, unless we invest in better players we will struggle to stop them

We need at least 3 or 4 quality players who are experienced in winning silverware and aren't over the hill, but we don't have the money to do that in one or two transfers windows, if at all. I think, realistically, and as much as it pains me to say it, we're not stopping them till their maybe going for 12 or 13.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No chance in winning the EL, but the Cup still to play for, albeit it will be rather hollow in the rare chance we win it after throwing away the league.

It was reality check today for the league being truly over. All hope gone. Hence all the rather emotive disappointment that has manifested itself in many ways. Much truth in what has been said and some knee jerk madness. Just how these things are when it comes to something as passionate as your team.

7 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

If Gerrard is going to be here next year, i'd like to see him use the remainder of games we have this season to try out different tactics and formations in preperation for next season. Would also like to see us play some of the youngsters when the opportunity comes up.

We need to face facts that this season is over so there is not much to lose.

I don't think Gerrard should experiment for the rest of the league, i'd like the gap to be closer than last years gap now that our season is over. The timing is not right to introduce youngsters into the first team  I think it would be too much for them with the way our players are battered around the pitch, the disciplinary process needs to be sorted out first. Hopefully Robertson makes some progress before next season. 

Personally I think the only way we'll win silverware is if we have a team A and a Team B.  For me, One half of the problem is that Rangers have to work twice as hard in the SPFL competitions as well as playing European games and are frizzled by time it's winter break. We need a B team that can take over for a few games throughout the season to give them respite. The other half the problem is the opposition teams. They park the bus and get physical when our players try to break them down and refs 'mistakes' costing Rangers points or players to dodgy cards. 

10 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

No. However i am not talking about playing Morelos between the sticks ffs. I'm talking ablut maybe playing with 2 up top, or trying 3 at the back or something different.

Or we can do what you want and keep doing the same shite with the same shite results for the rest of the season.

Starting a thread with a suggestion and that suggestion got zero likes.

How embarrassing.

Archived