A Fantastic result in more ways than one.

BLUEDIGNITY

58 minutes ago, TopCat said:

We get all the tv money too as far as I know..............11.4 million........so I'm led to believe.

Full breakdown

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/0253-0e99cd69d503-aeecbfaee2a3-1000--how-clubs-2019-20-uefa-europa-league-revenue-is-shared/

On 27/02/2020 at 20:41, bluenoz said:

Gerrard's combined record over two years of European football is quite a feat.

Gerrard was schooled in the importance of Europe.   Being part of European Royalty.   Our run in the  Europa League will not only raise cash but also raise our profile.   People who didn’t know about Rangers will take notice,  look at a rocking Ibrox,  look at our passionate traveling  support, look at the reactions of Gerrard and his staff when we score.   Players we may not have had a chance of signing a couple of years ago will look at us and say” I fancy a bit of that”.    

29 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Gerrard was schooled in the importance of Europe.   Being part of European Royalty.   Our run in the  Europa League will not only raise cash but also raise our profile.   People who didn’t know about Rangers will take notice,  look at a rocking Ibrox,  look at our passionate traveling  support, look at the reactions of Gerrard and his staff when we score.   Players we may not have had a chance of signing a couple of years ago will look at us and say” I fancy a bit of that”.    

Agree with nearly all of that mate, except the one line that suggests people who didn’t know about Rangers. No matter what troubles we’ve been through last few years there won’t be many people unaware of our club. 

3 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Agree with nearly all of that mate, except the one line that suggests people who didn’t know about Rangers. No matter what troubles we’ve been through last few years there won’t be many people unaware of our club. 

In the UK yes, but across Europe we will significantly raise our profile.  Some up and coming players in places like Slovakia who are 20 wont have any idea about a big ship that hit the rocks in far away Scotland 9 years ago when they were 11.   Even in the UK our success will improve the option of signing players that will add something to our squad

9 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

In the UK yes, but across Europe we will significantly raise our profile.  Some up and coming players in places like Slovakia who are 20 wont have any idea about a big ship that hit the rocks in far away Scotland 9 years ago when they were 11.   Even in the UK our success will improve the option of signing players that will add something to our squad

Your right of course it will undoubtedly help to get decent players in, no question as does having Gerrard as manager. I still think regardless of us being out of the top flight and Europe we will still be a name worldwide that will be recognised throughout. Just my opinion bud. 

4 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Your right of course it will undoubtedly help to get decent players in, no question as does having Gerrard as manager. I still think regardless of us being out of the top flight and Europe we will still be a name worldwide that will be recognised throughout. Just my opinion bud. 

We are a name that is recognized world wide, but what our run in Europe will do us give us one hell of a boost.  

9 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

I'd like to think that the board aren't saying that Europe is more important.

Next year the priority HAS TO be the league, this year's is bad enough but money or no money the board should not be thinking that it is acceptable for them to win 10.

We could skip Europe at the first hurdle in August and nosedive out.    Do you think the lack of European football would allow us to focus exclusively on winning the league next season? 

1 hour ago, andyhrfc said:

We are a name that is recognized world wide, but what our run in Europe will do us give us one hell of a boost.  

Not questioning that mate, absolutely vital in attracting top young up and coming talent, regardless of its a stepping stone, it’s massively important to us going forward. 
young Hagi is prime example 

It is a strange one but folk saying we have to learn how to beat the dross in the spl should remember for the first half of the season  we were neck and neck with the scum and would have been above them with our game in hand. We seemed to have no problem dealing with the other teams then. He just has to work out why we have crumbled after the winter break 2 years in a row.

Dubai should be a definite no-no for next season.

Michael Beale being positively referenced in the Record Online by Jonathan Mc Farlane.

He fully agrees with Beale's assessment of our Europe form in contrast to domestic  failures.

And follows it up with Beales assessment  on that  very special Hagi pass.

Obviously a fan of our esteemed coach

20 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

We could skip Europe at the first hurdle in August and nosedive out.    Do you think the lack of European football would allow us to focus exclusively on winning the league next season? 

No as it would then put more emphasis on the cups as well, however overall it would be one less thing to worry about. It would also mean that players towards the tail end of the season get more rest between games.

Obviously there would be the financial hit but, that would only be for one year and then the league slate starts afresh.

Archived