Kris Boyd

papaguy51

i dont think its boyds fc, but im willing enough to give him the chance to prove his worth to the squad and add to the fact that he has been scotlands top scorer 2 years running... is it his fault for scoring goals that we are not champions? is that what you are trying to say? we sacrifice boyds goals and bring in an untried striker who runs about like a mad man? maybe we should have another striker that runs around creating, but he should not be brought in at the EXPENSE of boyd, the two of them should be playing together, because if that man running around creating has nobody to create for bar himself, he will end up getting slated

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's obvious enough that if any one player has a bad game or a bad couple of games they are CLEARLY pish.

Rangers till I die, but Rangers supporters are the most fickle cunts ever. I can remember all the stick that good players like Arveladze and Arteta took. Doesn't surprise me that the leading scorer in the league, and the most prolific scorer for Rangers since McCoist would get the same rubbish treatment.

This thread got farcilcle when someone brought Kenny Miller into the equation in the same breath as Boyd.

If you would rather a headless chicken than a proven goal scorer then fuck off and watch the dims.

Boyd 30 goals with no service, give him service and we will win the title as a team not one individual

Adam will be on the bench alot this season once Beasley gets match fit!

If WS gets another striker then i can see Boyd sitting there with him, The only question is will Barry Ferguson back Boyd like Boyd backed Barry when he got dropped?

Thats the main question tho!

The end to last season/start of this season has proved to me more and more that my opinion of Boyd really is realistic. No passion, desire, skill, determination OR goals!

Can the Boyd backers not see that when he doesn't score, he's totally useless. Beyond useless in fact. I would really like to see him dropped for a few games, as he comes across to me that he thinks he's totally indespensible.

And don't post back saying the usual 'Oh he scores 30 goals a season'..I accept that, but against who? Motherwell and St Mirren? One goal against Celtic means nothing to me as yet. And kindly tell me that any other of our strikers wouldn't score a vast amount of the 2-6 yard tap in's that make up the majority of Boydy's goals? Please.

Shut up..

No goals.. :craphead:

i post pissh all the time..but saying that boyd doesnt score goals is actually quality! :craphead:

I might have a new sig :craphead:

its these goals against motherwell and st mirren that mean everything..

This thread got farcilcle when someone brought Kenny Miller into the equation in the same breath as Boyd.

If you would rather a headless chicken than a proven goal scorer then fuck off and watch the dims.

Boyd 30 goals with no service, give him service and we will win the title as a team not one individual

It's nowhere near as cut and dry as that.

Celtic will have 3 or 4 strikers contributing 10/12 goals each, while we have one who will contribute 25.

4-4-2 isn't 'the one' answer we've all been looking for. As I said, the other striker next to Boyd spends too much time trying to do the dirty work Boyd won't/can't do.

Out and out strikers are a dying breed shortly to become extinct. The pace/fitness/physicality of the modern game makes no space for lazy poachers any more.

PG... nail hit firmly on the head. I WAS a Boyd backer.. but since last Feb or so... he has been awful -- and very few meaningful goals.

And that's the knock against him. How many meaningful goals has he scored? Last time I remember was the HIBS away game in the rain in 2006 under ECK.

I can't believe Boyd gets criticised for scoring against St Mirren and Motherwell.

You all want to be in the Champions League last 16 every season..we'll need a better striker than Kris Boyd to do that.

no we don't, we need better players to give him half a chance of scoring against these teams

Think he had more than a 'half chance' against ZETA mate.... Total pish.

But all that said... hopefully he bangs in 3 this weekend.

But I truly believe he is on his way out of the starting 11. Be objective about this. If he's not scoring .. and that's all he can do apparently.... He should not be in the team. Simple really?

If Kris Boyd stays at Rangers for the next 7 years and scored 300 goals, I still wouldnt regard him as a great football, Infact I wouldnt even call him a good footballer. He would be known as a poacher who scored goals.

He is a one trick pony and his trick is capitalising on the hard work of others and taking all the glory.

Naismith would score a similar amount of goals to Boyd at Rangers if he played the same role. As would Robbie Fowler and a few other strikers around Europe.

Boyd is not indispensible and football is a team game, has no room for individuals.

Very, VERY interesting thread chaps.

My thoughts on Boyd are thus:

He's a natural penalty box predator - his goal record throughout his career has been second to one; Larsson. He's surpassed Hartson, and is the all time top Rangers SPL scorer. That definitely says something in itself - the guy is a goal machine, and just like any goal machine he will have off days as well. He was given pelters for being lazy and failing to work hard for the team, and yet now he's lost a lot of weight, gained a yard and is actually making runs and tracking back more, he's STILL getting pelters for the same thing as if the progress he's made is futile and his previous goes against him.

I accept wholeheartedly that he has not really done it at a European level yet (remember though he's only played a brief part of a CL tie second leg - hasn't played a single group game yet), and his misses against Villarreal and Zeta especially were simply unforgiveable, but to have a panic attack regarding him and to believe he simply doesn't have what it takes is surely overly harsh.

He does not suit one up front, I think we all know that, but I think some are a little too eager to press the panic button regarding him in an overall sense.

In short, give the guy a chance. If he fails, fine, fair enough, we then look elsewhere. I am personally unsure of whether he can do it, but I am willing to give him a chance to rather than dropping him before he gets a chance to shine.

(btw, a certain Super Ally never scored a single CL group stage goal - his European record as a whole was not great, but we consider him a legend for his SPL exploits. Yet it's being suggested the same criteria will not be enough for Boyd? I don't remember Ally tracking back and working hard, just scoring - and I grew up watching him.)

He's a natural penalty box predator - his goal record throughout his career has been second to one; Larsson. He's surpassed Hartson, and is the all time top Rangers SPL scorer. That definitely says something in itself - the guy is a goal machine, and just like any goal machine he will have off days as well. He was given pelters for being lazy and failing to work hard for the team, and yet now he's lost a lot of weight, gained a yard and is actually making runs and tracking back more, he's STILL getting pelters for the same thing as if the progress he's made is futile and his previous goes against him.

I accept wholeheartedly that he has not really done it at a European level yet (remember though he's only played a brief part of a CL tie second leg - hasn't played a single group game yet), and his misses against Villarreal and Zeta especially were simply unforgiveable, but to have a panic attack regarding him and to believe he simply doesn't have what it takes is surely overly harsh.

He does not suit one up front, I think we all know that, but I think some are a little too eager to press the panic button regarding him in an overall sense.

In short, give the guy a chance. If he fails, fine, fair enough, we then look elsewhere. I am personally unsure of whether he can do it, but I am willing to give him a chance to rather than dropping him before he gets a chance to shine.

(btw, a certain Super Ally never scored a single CL group stage goal - his European record as a whole was not great, but we consider him a legend for his SPL exploits. Yet it's being suggested the same criteria will not be enough for Boyd? I don't remember Ally tracking back and working hard, just scoring - and I grew up watching him.)

Agree apart from the last bit - Ally worked his behind off, game after game. The amount of unselfish running to the corners and down the channels in order that others would have space to run into was mammoth. The most unselfish goalscorer I have EVER seen play the game

Right nwo, boyd does not deserve to be put in the the same sentence

I'd give him this weekends game.. then if its the same old, bench him. And no, Barry won't stick up for him. Why should he? Totally different situation.

PLG had him on the bench last year, and Boyd came back better.

think you'll find that only reason nova and prso set goals up for boyd was that they were played out of position,but even when played IN position they still didnt have the poachers instinct to put the ball away as regularly as boyd

I don't know about poachers instinct. I think it is that Prso and Novo are not the classic centre forward, holding up the ball and waiting for the ball knocked in. Prso in particular was a striker who plays through the channels. I don't have a problem with a poaching forward but a good poaching forward has more than one trick up their sleeve. Nobody can argue that Boyd doesn't score a lot of goals, the problem is balancing that with how little else he brings to the team.

Is it a striker's job to score goals? Of course. Is it also a striker's job to hold the ball up when isolated, to draw his man and make space for others, to keep defenders guessing and unsettle defences. I'd say all of those roles are equally important and Boyd is not good at them.

think you'll find that only reason nova and prso set goals up for boyd was that they were played out of position,but even when played IN position they still didnt have the poachers instinct to put the ball away as regularly as boyd

I don't know about poachers instinct. I think it is that Prso and Novo are not the classic centre forward, holding up the ball and waiting for the ball knocked in. Prso in particular was a striker who plays through the channels. I don't have a problem with a poaching forward but a good poaching forward has more than one trick up their sleeve. Nobody can argue that Boyd doesn't score a lot of goals, the problem is balancing that with how little else he brings to the team.

Is it a striker's job to score goals? Of course. Is it also a striker's job to hold the ball up when isolated, to draw his man and make space for others, to keep defenders guessing and unsettle defences. I'd say all of those roles are equally important and Boyd is not good at them.

Spot on (tu)

Agree apart from the last bit - Ally worked his behind off, game after game. The amount of unselfish running to the corners and down the channels in order that others would have space to run into was mammoth. The most unselfish goalscorer I have EVER seen play the game

We must agree to disagree then on that one m8 (tu)

Right nwo, boyd does not deserve to be put in the the same sentence

I agree with this.

Boyd is as lazy and as inept a footballer as he ever was.

On Tuesday night Ferguson was forced to remonstrate with him about his lack of effort.

Walter smith knows he is as lazy as ever hence the reason he hauled him off again and hence the reason he is pursuing another striker

Boyd scores - hurrah

Boyd doesn't score - waste of space

On Tuesday night Ferguson was forced to remonstrate with him about his lack of effort.

Walter smith knows he is as lazy as ever hence the reason he hauled him off again and hence the reason he is pursuing another striker

Boyd scores - hurrah

His record of playing Boyd while he was in charge of Scotland also tells you something.

I don't think the lad is a total wash-out but there is a lot of improvement necessary. TBH, I think the best thing that happened to Ally McCoist is that Wallace and especially Souness didn't much rate him, despite all the goals he scored. They forced him to keep proving himself and they kept looking for the right striking partner for him. both of these things would help Boyd a lot.

Boyd scores - hurrah

His record of playing Boyd while he was in charge of Scotland also tells you something.

I don't think the lad is a total wash-out but there is a lot of improvement necessary. TBH, I think the best thing that happened to Ally McCoist is that Wallace and especially Souness didn't much rate him, despite all the goals he scored. They forced him to keep proving himself and they kept looking for the right striking partner for him. both of these things would help Boyd a lot.

Yep when McCoist got the nickname the Judge at that time :craphead:

The end to last season/start of this season has proved to me more and more that my opinion of Boyd really is realistic. No passion, desire, skill, determination OR goals!

Can the Boyd backers not see that when he doesn't score, he's totally useless. Beyond useless in fact. I would really like to see him dropped for a few games, as he comes across to me that he thinks he's totally indespensible.

And don't post back saying the usual 'Oh he scores 30 goals a season'..I accept that, but against who? Motherwell and St Mirren? One goal against Celtic means nothing to me as yet. And kindly tell me that any other of our strikers wouldn't score a vast amount of the 2-6 yard tap in's that make up the majority of Boydy's goals? Please.

You would like to see him dropped for a few games?I would like to see him dropped in the Clyde,he actually thinks that he is indespensible,every striker we sign he assumes that it is a partner for HIM,(never thinking that it may be his replacement),the day will come when the usual blinkered posters on these boards will see the light,as they did with Hutton,McCulloch etc.that this guy is a phony. :ph34r:

You would like to see him dropped for a few games?I would like to see him dropped in the Clyde,he actually thinks that he is indespensible,every striker we sign he assumes that it is a partner for HIM,(never thinking that it may be his replacement),the day will come when the usual blinkered posters on these boards will see the light,as they did with Hutton,McCulloch etc.that this guy is a phony. :ph34r:

PB, was wondering when you'd come in on that one. Accurate as ever brother.

Your wrong there mate. In the only season where Novo and Prso played as our first choice strike force they had a combined return of 46 goals in 94 games, that return averages at 1 in 2.08 games.

Personally I would rather have two strikers who have a chemistry that means they can score betwwen 15-20 goals each, yet still allow others to come into play (as this partnership did) and score goals too as opposed to one lazy fat(ish) striker who scores 30 goals himself,mainly through the work of others, yet hangs his strike partner out to dry by doing no work and making no effort to create similar chances for him.