6 minutes ago, Lovenkrands72 said:

Nah I've never went to any those type of tournaments mate. I play the Airdie darts league on a Monday, and the Wishaw darts league on a Friday when I am able to.Ā 

I don't usually either but played the Scottish this year. Lost to Jamie Bain in second round, can't complain though as he plays for Scotland šŸ˜‚

There will be some decent players in those leagues mate. How you getting on in those?

12 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

I don't usually either but played the Scottish this year. Lost to Jamie Bain in second round, can't complain though as he plays for Scotland šŸ˜‚

There will be some decent players in those leagues mate. How you getting on in those?

Luck of the draw mate! Too many good players at the Scottish Open for me to attempt lol might go next time for a piss up.Ā 

Not bad mate, we finished 4th in the Monday league and 2nd in the Friday league. Standards pretty good. There's some class players, that Gary Stone plays in it as well.Ā 

5 minutes ago, Lovenkrands72 said:

Luck of the draw mate! Too many good players at the Scottish Open for me to attempt lol might go next time for a piss up.Ā 

Not bad mate, we finished 4th in the Monday league and 2nd in the Friday league. Standards pretty good. There's some class players, that Gary Stone plays in it as well.Ā 

There are plenty of average players as well though, just depends who you get. It's a good piss up. I was on the double vodkas for breakfast that day then lager at the venue šŸ˜‚

Nice one mate. Aye Gary is a class act

10 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

There are plenty of average players as well though, just depends who you get. It's a good piss up. I was on the double vodkas for breakfast that day then lager at the venue šŸ˜‚

Nice one mate. Aye Gary is a class act

Haha class mate, I'll defo need to give it a go next time!Ā 

@Lovenkrands72Ā @JackAlex93

Been playing since December time, donā€™t really follow any structured practice other than trying to throw every day (which wasnā€™t the case until very recently) and play games on that Dartbot app

Any advice in general for someone just starting out? Good tutorials online?

My best ever average over a winning set is 42.30 so a fair way to go yet :lol:Ā 

2 hours ago, Essandoh said:

@Lovenkrands72Ā @JackAlex93

Been playing since December time, donā€™t really follow any structured practice other than trying to throw every day (which wasnā€™t the case until very recently) and play games on that Dartbot app

Any advice in general for someone just starting out? Good tutorials online?

My best ever average over a winning set is 42.30 so a fair way to go yet :lol:Ā 

I'd say always practice with a purpose instead of just for example throwing at treble 20. Playing against the dartbot app will be good for you though. I don't know how many levels are on that but work your way through them and keep testing yourself on that.

Start on 60 and give yourself a set amount of darts to check it out. If you check it out then move up to 61, if you check that out 62 and so on. If you miss you go back to 61. There's other games like bobs 27 which is a good one. You start the game with a score of 27 and the aim is to make it around the board by only hitting doubles. Start by throwing three darts at the double 1, then double 2, then double 3, and so on until the bull.Ā For each dart that hits its mark, you add those points to your score. If you end up with no points you go back to the start, starting again on 27. You can modify practice games to suit whatever level you are at

Hope that helps mate.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, JackAlex93 said:

I'd say always practice with a purpose instead of just for example throwing at treble 20. Playing against the dartbot app will be good for you though. I don't know how many levels are on that but work your way through them and keep testing yourself on that.

Start on 60 and give yourself a set amount of darts to check it out. If you check it out then move up to 61, if you check that out 62 and so on. If you miss you go back to 61. There's other games like bobs 27 which is a good one. You start the game with a score of 27 and the aim is to make it around the board by only hitting doubles. Start by throwing three darts at the double 1, then double 2, then double 3, and so on until the bull.Ā For each dart that hits its mark, you add those points to your score. If you end up with no points you go back to the start, starting again on 27. You can modify practice games to suit whatever level you are at

Hope that helps mate.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Thatā€™s class mate never heard of those and sounds like it would offer a lot more worthwhile practice than just playing the app all the time

Appreciate that

4 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Thatā€™s class mate never heard of those and sounds like it would offer a lot more worthwhile practice than just playing the app all the time

Appreciate that

No problem mate.

Should have said with bobs 27 that if you miss one of the doubles with 3 darts then the value of that double you miss is deducted from your score

Ā 

@JackAlex93Ā @EssandohĀ Pretty spot on with your advice.Ā 

Counting is one of the biggest parts of the game and it's something I've struggled with in the past but I'm getting better. If you struggle with counting then it completely disrups your flow and its stop start all the time.Ā 

I've started working through 121-131 with 6 darts. Once you check 121 in 6 darts then move on to 122, 123 and so on but you could alter those finishes to a number that suits the level you are at. Which is pretty much what @JackAlex93Ā said starting on 60 so spot on.Ā 

I also do 25 25s. Basically check out 25 with 3 darts and do it 25 times, really helps with doubling. I was told alot of Pros play that as they often leave themselves bull in a game and more often than not are coming back to the board to check out 25. I think that's why you see the pros check out 25 in 2 darts most of the time as they practice it all the time apparently. I was speaking to Adrian Lewis and Stephen Bunting after an event and they mentioned it too. It's good if you are playing with a mate, first to 25 25s wins, it's good fun and doesn't take as long as you would think.Ā 

Congrats on your first 180 BTW! Great feeling when your hitting them lolĀ 

7 minutes ago, Lovenkrands72 said:

Counting is one of the biggest parts of the game and it's something I've struggled with in the past but I'm getting better. If you struggle with counting then it completely disrups your flow and its stop start all the time.Ā 

I've started working through 121-131 with 6 darts. Once you check 121 in 6 darts then move on to 122, 123 and so on but you could alter those finishes to a number that suits the level you are at. Which is pretty much what @JackAlex93Ā said starting on 60 so spot on.Ā 

I also do 25 25s. Basically check out 25 with 3 darts and do it 25 times, really helps with doubling. I was told alot of Pros play that as they often leave themselves bull in a game and more often than not are coming back to the board to check out 25. I think that's why you see the pros check out 25 in 2 darts most of the time as they practice it all the time apparently. I was speaking to Adrian Lewis and Stephen Bunting after an event and they mentioned it too. It's good if you are playing with a mate, first to 25 25s wins, it's good fun and doesn't take as long as you would think.Ā 

Thatā€™s class mate thank you

Mad you were speaking to them too :lol:Ā 

1 hour ago, Lovenkrands72 said:

I'll need to try that 25 game tonight. Sounds like a decent practice routine and gives you purposeful practice.

The more you play @EssandohĀ the more you'll remember checkouts and what way to go. When I first started playing you used to get a free checkout chart poster with the board when you bought it. I stuck that up beside the board and it helped a lot to learn finishes. Im sure you'll still be able to buy them on amazon. Even watching darts on the tv you can learn a lot by watching the scoreboard in the corner.

16 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Just hit my second ever 180 a week after the first :pierre:Ā 

I am the Alpha and the Omega

Darts is one of the few sports where almost anybody can become really good at if they put the work in .Loads of variables in other sports .Not do much with darts .

Keep it up šŸ˜

2 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Darts is one of the few sports where almost anybody can become really good at if they put the work in .Loads of variables in other sports .Not do much with darts .

Keep it up šŸ˜

Think the biggest variable that would ruin me is playing with other people watching :lol:

Arse would fall out me like a trap door

36 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Target signed me cousins wee boy. Youngest ever signing.

Hopefully he goes very far.

Excuse my ignorance with this because I donā€™t really have the knowledge, but when people get signed to Target or whoever else, what do they provide?

Just cash sponsorship and equipment or is it more extensive than that?

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

Think the biggest variable that would ruin me is playing with other people watching :lol:

Arse would fall out me like a trap door

Trust me ,If your proper zoned in you donā€™t notice .Iv played pool at Superleague and a couple of times iv been playing a deciding game and the last table playing ,You donā€™t even know there are people there and even if you do have a look round itā€™s the last thing on your mind šŸ˜