Halo

GOAT

• 4 weeks later...

So I just got an Xbox One last month after not owning a console since the original xbox and I feel like a fucking old man.

I only really bought it for the Halo MCC and so me and the Mrs could play Portal.

I've downloaded Halo MCC onto the xbox and have played the first 3 games but just tried to play Reach and its saying the DLC isn't installed and I'm totally lost, I've uninstalled the entire game and I'm reinstalling but if that doesn't work I'm totally lost.

10 minutes ago, Willis said:

So I just got an Xbox One last month after not owning a console since the original xbox and I feel like a fucking old man.

I only really bought it for the Halo MCC and so me and the Mrs could play Portal.

I've downloaded Halo MCC onto the xbox and have played the first 3 games but just tried to play Reach and its saying the DLC isn't installed and I'm totally lost, I've uninstalled the entire game and I'm reinstalling but if that doesn't work I'm totally lost.

You need to go into settings and switch to DLC from the NCX server on the drive 

3 hours ago, Willis said:

Halo Reach and ODST are separate downloads for the MCC. 

If you have gamepass they're free, if not I don't think they cost a lot anyway. 

Just search the store for them if there's no option within the MCC. 

4 hours ago, Willis said:

I don't know what that means or how to do it 😪 and the games still reinstalling and won't be ready for hours but ill try when it's downloaded 

Click start, go to settings, go to gameplay and change installed games, make sure the one you want is ticked.

34 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

Honestly canny wait for it, think it looks class. 

Halo 5's multiplayer is really good so I expect this to be a return to form for the series. 

Looks fun, think the BR is hit scan and not a spread, so more accurate. Reticle looked small. But aye hopefully good maps and plays well, then they look after the competitive side too as that’s a big part of what I’ve played for years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

haven’t watched the vid but by the comments it seems confirmed that halo is getting released without the ability to co-op campaign. Kinda shite if you like to tan the story first with a mate.

1 hour ago, CR3 said:

haven’t watched the vid but by the comments it seems confirmed that halo is getting released without the ability to co-op campaign with a mate or mates. Kinda shite if you like to tan the story first like myself.

I don't have an xbox but would really like to try and get one for this and horizon 5

On 21/08/2021 at 09:09, CR3 said:

haven’t watched the vid but by the comments it seems confirmed that halo is getting released without the ability to co-op campaign. Kinda shite if you like to tan the story first with a mate.

Aye it's launching without co-op which is added in 3 months and Forge which is added in 6 months after.

Pretty shite that after a year delay it's like that and we still don't actually have a confirmed release date.

Completed all of MCC and got Halo 5 which isn't great but still enjoying it, so im almost caught up before Infinite comes out.

Got the Mrs right into it n awl 😅 she's completed 1-3 and Reach, playing ODST now and has bought the first two books 😅

Have to say I'm quite shite at it now though,  I completed CE in Legendary and 2 in heroic when I was younger but I've not chance now 😅  played multi-player online and got absolutely battered n awl 

4 minutes ago, Willis said:

Completed all of MCC and got Halo 5 which isn't great but still enjoying it, almost caught up before Infinite comes out.

Got the Mrs right into it n awl 😅 she's completed 1-3 and Reach, playing ODST now and has bought the first two books 😅

Have to say I'm quite shite at it now though,  I completed CE in Legendary and 2 in heroic when I was younger but I've not chance now 😅  played multi-player online and got absolutely battered n awl 

it will never feel as natural as halo 3 on an Xbox 360. I played it on LAN a few years back and it was a dream compared to MCC’s ported effort. Everything is going cross play and PC now with halo so that’ll be fun, or not..

6 minutes ago, CR3 said:

it will never feel as natural as halo 3 on an Xbox 360. I played it on LAN a few years back and it was a dream compared to MCC’s ported effort. Everything is going cross play and PC now with halo so that’ll be fun, or not..

I've no idea what half of that means mate :lol:

12 hours ago, CR3 said:

Cross play with console vs pc is a massively unfair advantage, assuming console will have the option to turn off cross play like call of duty does?? 

12 hours ago, CR3 said:

Halo 3 in the MCC feels really weird to me, I feel like my shots never land.

And it's not because I'm shite, honest.

13 hours ago, Willis said:

Completed all of MCC and got Halo 5 which isn't great but still enjoying it, so im almost caught up before Infinite comes out.

Halo 5 multiplayer I really enjoyed, thought it was a lot of fun.

The campaign is the only one I played once and never played again, it's honestly terrible.