Halo

GOAT

It’s a game I’ve never really played.  I bought the master chief edition for the Xbox one a while back but never really played it.  Anyway decided to play it now and aye I am going to play original Xbox games and 360 games on the series x what about it? 😂

anyway, what’s the best way to play release date order timeline order?

1 minute ago, CR3 said:

Aye I’m halo daft tbh, MCC is getting 120 frames in a few days btw. But I’ve not got a series X yet. @GOAT

What order should I do the game in?  Release date order or chronological order from the timeline?  Cos halo reach is the first in the timeline from my understanding or should I start with halo 1

5 minutes ago, GOAT said:

What order should I do the game in?  Release date order or chronological order from the timeline?  Cos halo reach is the first in the timeline from my understanding or should I start with halo 1

Just clicked you’re wanting to do all the campaigns, if you want to get into the story that would be the way, I had played them in release year order like most, you could potentially also switch on the halo one remaster aswell now so it’s not as harsh, being 20 years old. 

On 14/11/2020 at 17:07, GOAT said:

It’s a game I’ve never really played.  I bought the master chief edition for the Xbox one a while back but never really played it.  Anyway decided to play it now and aye I am going to play original Xbox games and 360 games on the series x what about it? 😂

anyway, what’s the best way to play release date order timeline order?

If you've never played it then do it in release order.

The story order is Reach, CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, ODST (i'm sure?), 4 then 5. That's excluding the spin offs.

20 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Original halo level "assault on the control tower" is still one of my favourite levels ever in a game, was utterly fantastic from start to finish

So good that campaign, I loved The Truth and Reconciliation, boarding the ship and keeping the marines alive on legendary though was brutal :lol:

Just now, TheBluebells said:

Aye I couldn't remember what way round it was. 

Really enjoyed ODST, It's a nice change of pace.

First Halo I played and easily favourite campaign of them all,though I never got round to playing 2.

Reach was a huge letdown after 3 and 343i have never been able to replicate the class of the Bungie games, the formula of Halo was perfect before they felt the need to compete with COD etc. 

8 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

If you've never played it then do it in release order.

The story order is Reach, CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, ODST (i'm sure?), 4 then 5. That's excluding the spin offs.

I just started it in story line order so half way through reach just now then will go onto original halo after that. 

I’ve just been playing it on easy I’ll maybe turn it up a bit when I get to either halo 4 or 5 and I’ve caught up on it.

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

First Halo I played and easily favourite campaign of them all,though I never got round to playing 2.

Reach was a huge letdown after 3 and 343i have never been able to replicate the class of the Bungie games, the formula of Halo was perfect before they felt the need to compete with COD etc. 

2 is really good, favourite memories from playing that on xbox live.

Reach I enjoyed but felt like the campaign could have been so much better as the story had so much potential for a better game I think.

343 can't seem to land on the winning formula, I really like 4's story and the multiplayer was good but 5's story is the worst of the lot, only one i've never replayed but the multiplayer is great.

Their artstyle is weird as well, you'd think they'd know what to and just build on the original success and who knows how Infinite will turn out.

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I just started it in story line order so half way through reach just now then will go onto original halo after that. 

I’ve just been playing it on easy I’ll maybe turn it up a bit when I get to either halo 4 or 5 and I’ve caught up on it.

They're good stories to play through.

Looking forward to seeing how they play on the Series X.

35 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Any halo that doesn’t have a battle rifle isn’t a good halo imo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Is Halo 3: ODST not included in the master chief collection?  It shows up on it but when I go to play it I get a download required screen then it asks me to pay 3 quid for it.  Is it an add on I need to pay for I take it. 

794B962C-E3EE-4828-83E6-F4BE7ACF6CBD.jpeg

B3040CD7-C514-4405-A3DA-700C7AE4ADE0.jpeg

On 16/02/2021 at 17:35, GOAT said:

Is Halo 3: ODST not included in the master chief collection?  It shows up on it but when I go to play it I get a download required screen then it asks me to pay 3 quid for it.  Is it an add on I need to pay for I take it. 

794B962C-E3EE-4828-83E6-F4BE7ACF6CBD.jpeg

B3040CD7-C514-4405-A3DA-700C7AE4ADE0.jpeg

Are you subscribed to Game Pass? I checked my Game Pass copy of Master Chief Collection and ODST loaded up without a prompt for payment. 

4 hours ago, rossDas said:

Are you subscribed to Game Pass? I checked my Game Pass copy of Master Chief Collection and ODST loaded up without a prompt for payment. 

I bought it but I’m not a fan of it so just went to halo 4.

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I bought it but I’m not a fan of it so just went to halo 4.

I remember playing it back in the day. It's basically standalone DLC that came bundled with a bunch of multiplayer maps, good for a distraction but not on par with a proper Halo title. 

• 4 weeks later...