Urgency

Bristol loyal

The most worrying thing for me tonight is a complete lack of urgency and desire we showed. We’ve built up a healthy lead in the league (and I’m only counting the 7 points not the games in hand they have) but fuck all is won in December.

Tonight we took our foot off the gas, and blew the chance of silverware. We cannot afford that attitude in the league. Hopefully it’s a one off, and a decent win on Saturday and it will be forgotten about. But there cannot be any room for complacency, still a long way to go and hopefully maybe it’s even a kick up the ass for the players.

IMO struggling without Ryan Jack.

does the simple things well, quietly and effectively.

saying that, bassey was targeted all night, and commentators were going on about borna coming on, but too much fucking about probably cost us the second goal.

that to me was urgent, and about 3-4 mins before they scored.

Reminded me of the Livi performance in that we were passing it about side to side in the middle of the park like we were already 3-0 up and coasting. 20 mins to go, about to fuck up what should have been a clear run at our first silverware for a decade and we were strolling about aimlessly. 

30 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Yeah , attitude was all wrong thinking it was game over after 7 minutes . 

Like I've said elsewhere,  hopefully a wake up call . 

Wake up call at least. Absolute bazooka up the shite chute required after losing another piece of silverware that was halfway in the trophy room already.

You will only get the best out of Hagi ,Aribo if they are played from the start and given consistent game time, the midfield at times is too ponderous, sideways and back passing seems to be the first thought whereas with these two their natural game is to look for the more penetrating pass.

Teams that sit in need to be opened up with a bit more guile,punts into the box wont cut it.

Start your strongest team week in week out,get the game won and then give the players that need a rest a break.

They all knew. 

Kick them Out. 

Archived