Convince Me Cedric Itten...

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Roofe scored one more goal than Morelos last season. Morelos only played 8 more games than Roofe too…

8 games is a decent chunk of games tbf. For context that’s like somebody missing every competitive game we played after we played Aberdeen at the start of August until we played Hibs towards the end of September.

36 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

8 games is a decent chunk of games tbf. For context that’s like somebody missing every competitive game we played after we played Aberdeen at the start of August until we played Hibs towards the end of September.

In a 50 game season it isn’t much when we have another 6 attackers. 

I’d be happy for him to miss 8 games again if he popped up with another 20 goals. Ideally he’d be fit for them all but injuries happen. Hopefully a full rest and pre season with us helps

On 27/07/2021 at 09:47, Raligt said:

If Morelos leaves, Roofe will be our main striker.

If Morelos leaves, I'm thinking SG is lining up Itten to replace him. With Kent & Roofe out wide for the most part.

Defoe will get games in the cup, Sakala (unless he settles very quick) will fill the slot left by whoever is injured/needs resting.

If I was Itten, Morelos is sold and Sakala went straight in, I'd be wanting off to a new club.

1 hour ago, mclovin9091 said:

If Morelos leaves, I'm thinking SG is lining up Itten to replace him. With Kent & Roofe out wide for the most part.

Defoe will get games in the cup, Sakala (unless he settles very quick) will fill the slot left by whoever is injured/needs resting.

If I was Itten, Morelos is sold and Sakala went straight in, I'd be wanting off to a new club.

Itten can only really play through the middle so I think the majority of the time it will be Roofe and Sakala being  the main strikers interchanging with Kent on the left. 

Although Itten for me starts on Saturday with Sakala down the right using his pace to fuck livi up.

On 27/07/2021 at 08:58, Prso's headband said:

I like him a lot but he’s going to struggle a lot with capacity crowds if his reaction to a couple of groans after he took 3 touches and lost the ball is to cup his ears when he scored. 

Had an air of John Windass about it. Will let it slide this time… 

28 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

Itten can only really play through the middle so I think the majority of the time it will be Roofe and Sakala being  the main strikers interchanging with Kent on the left. 

Although Itten for me starts on Saturday with Sakala down the right using his pace to fuck livi up.

I don't see Roofe as being the best option for the "front man" of a 3. If we had 2 up then Itten and Roofe would complement each other but that's not the way we play. At the same time Morelos would get more goals if there was 2 up top.

5 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

I don't see Roofe as being the best option for the "front man" of a 3. If we had 2 up then Itten and Roofe would complement each other but that's not the way we play. At the same time Morelos would get more goals if there was 2 up top.

We have an artillery of a strike force this season with guys like Wright Aribo Hagi able to play deeper behind the right sided frontman at times on the counter it will just be like having 2 up as Roofe or Sakala will drift into the middle for crosses and cut backs. 

Obviously teams park the bus domestically so that's more for Europe but definitely scope for 2 up top in the games teams camp in their own half.

But our system upfront is perfect and confuses the life out the opposition.