Colts Lose To Newcastle

Elfideldo

13 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

What's the deal with Mcpake? He was seen as an exciting prospect and was sniffing about the first team. One bad loan spell later and we're now looking to release him apparently? Is his attitude bad? Is he still worth punting?

Four bad loan spells and one decent one later.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I thought he only has 3 and wasn't sure how they went. Seems a bit of a shame and not sure his attitude is great.

Morton, Dundee, Morecambe, Harrogate and Tranmere. Seems to be in the same category as Kai Kennedy - thinks he's the dog bollocks before he's acheived anything in the game. Its always interesting getting to listen to managers talk about loan players when they are away. Some always get constantly praised for working hard and wanting to impress (Middleton, Kelly, Mayo) while others get the 'they've got the talent but aren't quite there yet' (McPake, Hastie, Kennedy). Everywhere McPake's been, it seems to be the latter. 'Talented player, needs to work harder and be more of a 'team player' rather than trying to be a superstar. '

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Morton, Dundee, Morecambe, Harrogate and Tranmere. Seems to be in the same category as Kai Kennedy - thinks he's the dog bollocks before he's acheived anything in the game. Its always interesting getting to listen to managers talk about loan players when they are away. Some always get constantly praised for working hard and wanting to impress (Middleton, Kelly, Mayo) while others get the 'they've got the talent but aren't quite there yet' (McPake, Hastie, Kennedy). Everywhere McPake's been, it seems to be the latter. 'Talented player, needs to work harder and be more of a 'team player' rather than trying to be a superstar. '

Aye that's the impression I got. Shame cause anytime I've seen glimpses of him he's done well. Seems he's out the door now and will be one of these SPL players who could have been more.

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

Which ones?

All three who came off at half time, and McClelland, who I've just learned is leaving...maybe it really is joined-up planning and I'm just a good way along the nervous/hysterical path to Wednesday!

3 minutes ago, Hilly86 said:

All three who came off at half time, and McClelland, who I've just learned is leaving...maybe it really is joined-up planning and I'm just a good way along the nervous/hysterical path to Wednesday!

Mate I read your previous post and the reply to it. Don't worry about preparation for the final. Gio will put out what ever team he thinks will benefit us most next week in this dead rubber tomorrow. We still need momentum so not everyone should be rested.

11 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Mate I read your previous post and the reply to it. Don't worry about preparation for the final. Gio will put out what ever team he thinks will benefit us most next week in this dead rubber tomorrow. We still need momentum so not everyone should be rested.

You're right, of course. GvB has managed playing time beautifully the last few games, and there's as much risk in changing the routines they've all got so used to.

I just want us to give ourselves the best shot at this, don't want some wound-up wee prick playing to the crowd and copying those tackles/assaults from midweek.

11 hours ago, The Dude said:

I wonder just how bad Scottish youths compare to youths from other countries do when it comes to fucking themselves up .

Sometimes injuries get in the way it seems just as many make the grade after being injured for reasonably long periods between 16 and 19.

We have all went through that period ourselves in life transitioning into an adult so we know how much of a change it is .But for some reason footballers are really bad at making that jump .

It may be an idea for the academies to spend a couple of hours a week in a class room .Showing the young guys videos of players who were outstanding as youths but ended up doing fuck all in the game .