Gareth Bale

G.E.C.

1 hour ago, stevemac said:

no even close, but he is/was a top, top player. 

why should he have? he was clearly good enough for madrid at the time, coach didn't want to play him, fans hated him for some bizarre reason, why the fuck should he have left to play more? he had a contract and he more than contributed enough for them and was treat like shit. I found it hilarious he did his MLS club interview in Spanish, shut loads of they cunts up saying he never tried at the club to integrate and learn the language/culture etc.

Why should he have?
For himself , not for Real. 
  The very fact he was treated like shit was why he should have found another club where he was wanted. Most players want to actually play rather than sit on a bench. You can’t tell me he wasn’t just interested in the money. 

1 minute ago, folkestoneger said:

Why should he have?
For himself , not for Real. 
  The very fact he was treated like shit was why he should have found another club where he was wanted. Most players want to actually play rather than sit on a bench. You can’t tell me he wasn’t just interested in the money. 

He wanted to play for the club and wasn't fazed by what fans or some club hierarchy thought about him. Fair play to him. Fact is he scored over 100 goals for them, including some cup winning worldies so fuck the club and their fans for treating him like shit. why should he have left? they give him the contract, he honored it. 

Just now, stevemac said:

He wanted to play for the club and wasn't fazed by what fans or some club hierarchy thought about him. Fair play to him. Fact is he scored over 100 goals for them, including some cup winning worldies so fuck the club and their fans for treating him like shit. why should he have left? they give him the contract, he honored it. 

You’re completely missing my point.  It’s nothing to do with whether he had a contract and everything to do with the point a true top player would never have been happy to sit there and not play for so long.

Yes Madrid treated him like shit, yes he was good enough to play. 90%+  of players in that position would have done everything to find somewhere they could actually play and be appreciated.

He didn’t. He hardly needed more money on top of the tens of millions he already had. Therefore you can’t escape the fact he was more interested in raking in more easy money than he was in actually playing the game.

26 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Disappointed you liked this @AGM_72

A few posts later @McEwan's Lager mentioned Benzema and Neymar and I was regretting it a bit haha. 

I think his exploits for Wales show how good he was - along with club contributions for Spurs who weren't much better than average when he played for them. Whether that puts him as high as top 4 players in the world at his peak is probably questionable but his lack of availability for the last few years takes the shine off his earlier years where he was so explosive IMO. Scored some memorable, decisive goals too. 

• 8 months later...