Nintendo Switch Thread

BlueVanguard

2 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

I do but it’s definitely needing an upgrade now, console is really struggling with anything they’ve brought out lately.

They need to team up with more companies and get developing more games. The Super Mario and Pokémon and Zelda seem to be carrying the Switch a lot these days but you are right they do need a lot more games for it to even compete at a decent enough stage and get people to buy it. Plus in my opinion it's a pricey console and over priced. Think we where around £300 for it with a game.

9 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I play with my boy sometimes, but he's into some games I just can't sit and play like Pikuniku :lol:

My son likes that 😂 not my thing either, Love Kirby though that's one of my favourites and obviously Super Mario. Been off work this week on holiday and the schools are back and the other halfs at work so been sitting playing the switch for hours and having Coco pops for breakfast and lunch :lol: some life

2 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

My son likes that 😂 not my thing either, Love Kirby though that's one of my favourites and obviously Super Mario. Been off work this week on holiday and the schools are back and the other halfs at work so been sitting playing the switch for hours and having Coco pops for breakfast and lunch :lol: some life

Do you have the retro Mario app on the Switch? From memory I think it's free from the store if you have an online sub, can play some of the older Mario games

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Do you have the retro Mario app on the Switch? From memory I think it's free from the store if you have an online sub, can play some of the older Mario games

Yeh I have it mate played it a lot at the start but there is a few games that I did love back in the day but just don't have the stomach for it anymore. Think the upgrade in graphics makes me much prefer playing the newer versions of the games. One think about the switch though that pisses me off they are bringing out a lot of remakes which I hate to see. For a company that's worth billions and making profit every year they need to develop more games.

1 minute ago, BlueVanguard said:

Yeh I have it mate played it a lot at the start but there is a few games that I did love back in the day but just don't have the stomach for it anymore. Think the upgrade in graphics makes me much prefer playing the newer versions of the games. One think about the switch though that pisses me off they are bringing out a lot of remakes which I hate to see. For a company that's worth billions and making profit every year they need to develop more games.

Ach they know they have the cult following for all their older stuff so people will lap it up. I think the issue sometimes for these companies is if they bring out a half-decent game but the cult fans don't like it, then it's badged as shite and they get less sales for something they've spent a lot to develop. Remakes are quick + easy for them in terms of development costs and they know they're going to sell loads so it's more profitable

1 hour ago, BlueVanguard said:

they do need a lot more games for it to even compete at a decent enough stage and get people to buy it. Plus in my opinion it's a pricey console and over priced. Think we where around £300 for it with a game.

By the time they discontinue it - the switch will likely be the 3rd best selling console of all time. (Only surpassed by the DS and the PS2.

Its already competing at a decent enough stage. People aren’t just buying it… it’s sold extremely well and that’s despite Nintendo not being overly consumer friendly. 

8 hours ago, BlueVanguard said:

They need to team up with more companies and get developing more games. The Super Mario and Pokémon and Zelda seem to be carrying the Switch a lot these days but you are right they do need a lot more games for it to even compete at a decent enough stage and get people to buy it. Plus in my opinion it's a pricey console and over priced. Think we where around £300 for it with a game.

The thing is, 90% of people buy a Switch for the Nintendo owned games, so others don't actually sell that well and it's not powerful enough for games that would be out on the Xbox and PS5 so it's actually quite difficult for developers to create cross platform games to include the switch.

I don't know the number, but despite the fact the console sold well I'd imagine the average number of games people own are far, far lower than Xbox and PS5 and any adults that have one have it as a 2nd console.