EA Sports FC

The Godfather

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ambrogio said:

Anyone pre ordered this years ? Out tomorrow if you have pre ordered . 

Aye it'll be getting rinsed this weekend. Gonna build a rangers past n present evo team this year, didn't really take advantage of evos last year.

2 hours ago, lidorfc said:

Aye it'll be getting rinsed this weekend. Gonna build a Rangers past n present evo team this year, didn't really take advantage of evos last year.

Decent idea that actually , I fell away from the last one constant pish packs . 

16 hours ago, Ambrogio said:

Anyone pre ordered this years ? Out tomorrow if you have pre ordered . 

Aye but only the standard version as I dont play UT and dont mind waiting another week for access. Hopefully by then all the initial bugs are reported and fixed. 

1 minute ago, Dan Deacon said:

Aye but only the standard version as I dont play UT and dont mind waiting another week for access. Hopefully by then all the initial bugs are reported and fixed. 

To be fair it’s only UT that I do play , seems to be a lot of deflections while passing in the gameplay . Probably be the first thing they patch .

6 minutes ago, Ambrogio said:

To be fair it’s only UT that I do play , seems to be a lot of deflections while passing in the gameplay . Probably be the first thing they patch .

A few pals already on and moaning a fair bit about it in general, same every year tbh takes them a few weeks to sort everything out. 

3 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

A few pals already on and moaning a fair bit about it in general, same every year tbh takes them a few weeks to sort everything out. 

They usually start off with a decent football game, then the streamers etc all moan about defences being too good etc (it ruins their streams if they aren't waltzing through teams and rainbow flicking it over the keeper etc) and EA do their usual and cripple defences and keepers, 

By the time TOTY comes out the gameplay is a mess and games are scoring like basketball

2 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

They usually start off with a decent football game, then the streamers etc all moan about defences being too good etc (it ruins their streams if they aren't waltzing through teams and rainbow flicking it over the keeper etc) and EA do their usual and cripple defences and keepers, 

By the time TOTY comes out the gameplay is a mess and games are scoring like basketball

Once I hit TOTY I switched to a 532 and starting playing a heavy possession game, nullified a lot of the nonsense mechanics and had people quitting just because they couldn't get the ball in their own half🤣

2 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

I think it may have been 19 or 20 that started off as one the of the best football games released then they "updated" it and it was terrible 

1 hour ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

I think it may have been 19 or 20 that started off as one the of the best football games released then they "updated" it and it was terrible 

I didn't buy last years one but did for 23, was actually a very very good football game at first, barely anyone could run through defences, required lots of passing and actual football

Then the moans started because haaland wasn't scoring 30yard screamers every shot, players weren't able to dribble through 900 tackles etc 

First patch turned it into an arcade game, by xmas time and all the promo cards out the gameplay was a nightmare and only kept playing because i had fuck all else to play lol

8 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

It’s never about defences being too good though, it was always players not actually doing anything and letting the AI do everything.

It’s been shite since 17 in all honesty. Not played 22 but player switching was a nonsense for years, far too many promos and it was far too easy to get good teams, and players who should have value were worthless. Not too mention the absolute arse they made of champs and rivals.

16 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It’s never about defences being too good though, it was always players not actually doing anything and letting the AI do everything.

It’s been shite since 17 in all honesty. Not played 22 but player switching was a nonsense for years, far too many promos and it was far too easy to get good teams, and players who should have value were worthless. Not too mention the absolute arse they made of champs and rivals.

AI issues fair enough, but by xmas time after numerous promos and then TOTY any defender and keeper worth their salt was fucking howling, once 5* SM cards come out the gameplay turns into the old arcade shitty football games

57 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

AI issues fair enough, but by xmas time after numerous promos and then TOTY any defender and keeper worth their salt was fucking howling, once 5* SM cards come out the gameplay turns into the old arcade shitty football games

I agree 100% that they fully ripped the arse out of promos. If we’re being honest, the ‘arcadey’ feel to UT was what was a big part of it for years. Seasons was too slow and UT was perfect.

26 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I agree 100% that they fully ripped the arse out of promos. If we’re being honest, the ‘arcadey’ feel to UT was what was a big part of it for years. Seasons was too slow and UT was perfect.

If it was arcadey from launch then most wouldn't mind as its what you play it for

But to start off as an actual good football sim then turn into the way it does every year rips the arse out of it

And the promos as you say are too many, decent cards become shite literally the following week