Euro squad - 17 + 4 + club trained

Assuming that the new signings with the exception of Balogun will make the squad there are some big names going to be missing the cut

Almost certain (15)
Butland

Tavernier, Goldson, Davies (replacement), Yilmaz, Barasic (replacement) Sterling 

Raskin, Cantwell, Cifuentes*, Dowell, 

Lammers, Dessers, Danilo, Sima

2 from TEN - who gets the nod?

Balogun, Lundstram, Hagi, Roofe, Sakala, Matondo, Lawrence, Kamara*, McLaughlin, Yfeko (will count as club trained after January)

For me it would be Lawrence and Roofe

Association trained

Jack, Souttar, Wright*

Club trained (over22)

McCrorie, Wright

Club trained (under 22 with 2 years at club)

Devine, King, Lowry

Also I believe Rice and Lovelace get an exemption as they’re too young to achieve the 2 year criteria

Big decisions to be made

1 minute ago, the cry was no said:

Assuming that the new signings with the exception of Balogun will make the squad there are some big names going to be missing the cut

Almost certain (15)
Butland

Tavernier, Goldson, Davies (replacement), Yilmaz, Barasic (replacement) Sterling 

Balogun, Lundstram, Hagi, Roofe, Sakala, Matondo, Lawrence, Kamara*, McLaughlin, Yfeko (will count as club trained after January)

Association trained

Jack, Souttar, Wright*

Club trained (over22)

McCrorie, Wright

Devine, King, Lowry

Also I believe Rice and Lovelace get an exemption as they’re too young to achieve the 2 year criteria

Big decisions to be made

Be Balogun and Sakala

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

This is when we will see what Beale ideas are for the team bar a few he may leave out due to injuries like Roofe and Lawrence.

I'm talking more about the group stages from September on

Goldson, Sterling, Roofe, Sterling are unlikely to feature in the first qualifier but some of them may make the second qualifier if we beat Genk/Servette

11 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

Almost certain (15)
Butland

Association trained

Jack, Souttar, Wright*

Club trained (over22)

McCrorie, Wright

Devine, King, Lowry

Big decisions to be made

Surely we need a second keeper

I think it will be Balogun and Hagi or Lawrence.  Balogun obviously gives the defensive cover and for me Hagi gives a bit of flexibility as he has been playing deeper in midfield this preseason but can also play more advanced and can also do a (limited) job out wide if we need it but Lawrence could probably do a similar job just more concerned about fitness levels post injury for the qualifiers.

3 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

McCrorie and Wright

If McCrorie leaves  it's a problem

I'd rather bring in someone like Liam Kelly or Zander Clark than use one of the 17 spaces for McLaughlin personally

Missed that my eyes scanned directly from Association trained to under 22s

39 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

I'm talking more about the group stages from September on

Goldson, Sterling, Roofe, Sterling are unlikely to feature in the first qualifier but some of them may make the second qualifier if we beat Genk/Servette

True due to injury and fitness issues and not ability as including Lawrence they are all decent players.

34 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

McCrorie and Wright

If McCrorie leaves  it's a problem

I'd rather bring in someone like Liam Kelly or Zander Clark than use one of the 17 spaces for McLaughlin personally

Yes, McLaughlin looks done now as a keeper I have no confidence at all in him.

2 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

Haha, never seen that before

At least there's a choice now

Haha, no worries, was tempted to be a dick and bump my old thread, but im a nice guy. (Just PM'd all the admins to merge them instead).

Where did you hear about the exemption for Rice and Lovelace? Never heard of that before, would certainly be useful if correct.

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Haha, no worries, was tempted to be a dick and bump my old thread, but im a nice guy. (Just PM'd all the admins to merge them instead).

Where did you hear about the exemption for Rice and Lovelace? Never heard of that before, would certainly be useful if correct.

Can't remember where I read it, but it would certainly make sense

It would take a lot of bad luck with injuries for either to feature but you only need to look at King last year

Just now, the cry was no said:

Can't remember where I read it, but it would certainly make sense

It would take a lot of bad luck with injuries for either to feature but you only need to look at King last year

Dont know why it would make sense to be honest.

The logic is that u21 players need to be with the club for 2 years to get the exemption to the B-List. This stops clubs pinching the best youth players from other teams to get round registration restrictions.

If you give an exemption, it kinda defeats the purpose.

31 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

There isn’t one. 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

I'd severely doubt Balogun and Lundstram wouldn't be registered.

Pretty sure Balogun will be registered for the earlier rounds, but if King is back near the group stages, then Balogun might get dropped to be replaced with King freeing up a space for another position from a non-scottish trained player.

We have 17 players we can register who are not in the Scottish/Club trained list. I cant see any of the following not being included:-

1 - Unrestricted - Butland

2 - Unrestricted - McLaughlin

3 - Unrestricted - Sterling

4 - Unrestricted - Tav

5 - Unrestricted - Goldson

6 - Unrestricted - Davies

7 - Unrestricted - Yilmaz

8 - Unrestricted - Barisic

9 - Unrestricted - Cifuentes

10 - Unrestricted - Raskin

11 - Unrestricted - Cantwell

12 - Unrestricted - Lammers

13 - Unrestricted - Sima

14 - Unrestricted - Balogun

15 - Unrestricted - Dowell

16 - Unrestricted - Danilo

17 - Unrestricted - Dessers

Ideally McCrorie would have stayed, allowing us to drop McLaughlin and free space that Lundstrum could take.

I think that Lundstrums only chance of making it would be if King recovers and he can take Balogun's slot. Even then he will be fighting with the likes of Lawrence, Sakala, Matondo, Hagi etc for that final slot.

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There isn’t one. 

Yes defiantly looks like that way. from Uefa...

In List A, no club can have more than 25 players. However, a club can register an unlimited number of players on List B, who are born on or after January 1, 2001. 

Moreover, since his 15th birthday, he must have played for the club for an uninterrupted period of two years, or a total of three consecutive years. He can have a maximum of one loan period to a club from the same association for a period not longer than one year.

Roofe and Lawrence for me if fit and able to play without a doubt. They will make later squads if available. 

Depending on how the defence is looking Balogun could be in the original squad and fitness of Roofe and Lawrence could see Hagi and Sakala in.

Of course we could get that big signing that we all want before then 😂

2 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

Roofe and Lawrence for me if fit and able to play without a doubt. They will make later squads if available. 

Depending on how the defence is looking Balogun could be in the original squad and fitness of Roofe and Lawrence could see Hagi and Sakala in.

Of course we could get that big signing that we all want before then 😂

Absolutely no way does Roofe make it into the squad. He will be behind Sakala who still wont get in the squad.

Really cant see Lawrence making it either.

Good players, but we have just spent millions on guys who will be taking those slots in the squad.

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Absolutely no way does Roofe make it into the squad. He will be behind Sakala who still wont get in the squad.

Really cant see Lawrence making it either.

Good players, but we have just spent millions on guys who will be taking those slots in the squad.

No there are a couple of spots left over and if fit both are more than good enough and will be in the squad. 

Granted Roofe is less likely to make it but a fit Roofe makes the squad before the likes of Hagi and Sakala any day of the week and I don't dislike any of those players.

1 minute ago, Darth Bear said:

No there are a couple of spots left over and if fit both are more than good enough and will be in the squad. 

Granted Roofe is less likely to make it but a fit Roofe makes the squad before the likes of Hagi and Sakala any day of the week and I don't dislike any of those players.

With his injury history we'd need to be mental to give him a place.