The RM Beale poll

graeme_4

The RM Beale poll  

398 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Beale will be a success?

1 hour ago, Roy Hobbs said:

If Lammers, Danilo and Dessers all scored the sitters they missed, and the goalie not made some great saves we could have scored 7 or 8 over the two legs.

We also had plenty chances yesterday despite not playing well. If we'd went in at half time 3 or 4 up it wouldn't have been unjust.

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He also lost two cups to them, and the vast majority of the points they dropped were after they’d won the league in the first week in May.

There's not a full-time Rangers manager that never lost cups to them.

Before they won the title, we dropped six points under Beale - three to them and three to Aberdeen. It's very small margins.

19 minutes ago, The Dude said:

In Beale's time in charge, he's dropped 11 points in the league - 3 losses & two draws.

In the same period, they've dropped 9 - two losses and three draws.

6 of their dropped points came after wrapping up the title 

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There's not a full-time Rangers manager that never lost cups to them.

Before they won the title, we dropped six points under Beale - three to them and three to Aberdeen. It's very small margins.

It’s not small margins for me . It’s a huge margin in mentality. They know how to consistently get things over the line resulting in regular trophies .

we can’t delude ourselves it’s a small margin while we end seasons empty handed and they pick up doubles and trebles 

10 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

It’s not small margins for me . It’s a huge margin in mentality. They know how to consistently get things over the line resulting in regular trophies .

we can’t delude ourselves it’s a small margin while we end seasons empty handed and they pick up doubles and trebles 

St Johnstone won a double then almost got relegated the following season.

We've won trebles then won fuck all the following season with largely the same squad. 02/03 - 03/04.

How does the 'mentality' thing work when we're reaching latter stages in Europe - including a final - while they are getting ragdolled by FK Bodø/Glimt

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

St Johnstone won a double then almost got relegated the following season.

We've won trebles then won fuck all the following season with largely the same squad. 02/03 - 03/04.

How does the 'mentality' thing work when we're reaching latter stages in Europe - including a final - while they are getting ragdolled by FK Bodø/Glimt

We know the bulk of this squad has performed brilliant in Europe bar last seasons group stage while Celtic have struggled . I think it’s down to our players thriving in the different expectations that comes with us in Europe . There’s mostly an element of us being the underdog and punching above our weight which our players seem to thrive under . As for the reason for their faults in Europe not really sure or care what the underlying reason is to be honest  , just hope it continues 

there is no question though that many in this squad who have been around for a few seasons have often been found wanting when a different type of mentality and expectation is required trying to see out tight games at important stages of seasons in places like dingwall , tynecastle , McDermid park etc 

2 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

We know the bulk of this squad has performed brilliant in Europe bar last seasons group stage while Celtic have struggled . I think it’s down to our players thriving in the different expectations that comes with us in Europe . There’s mostly an element of us being the underdog and pushing above our weight which our players seem to thrive under . 

there is no question though that many of  in this squad who have been around for a few seasons have often been found wanting when a different type of mentality and expectation is required trying to see out tight games at important stages of seasons in places like dingwall , tynecastle , McDermid park etc 

McDiarmid Park we've dropped 5 points in the previous three years

Dingwall we've dropped two points in the previous three years.

Tynecastle we've dropped zero points in the previous three years.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

McDiarmid Park we've dropped 5 points in the previous three years

Dingwall we've dropped two points in the previous three years.

Tynecastle we've dropped zero points in the previous three years.

And your point ? 

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

And your point ? 

That when you said "there is no question though that many of in this squad who have been around for a few seasons have often been found wanting when a different type of mentality and expectation is required trying to see out tight games at important stages of seasons in places like dingwall , tynecastle , McDermid park etc"  you're basing that on something other than actual results.  You'll have to explain how we struggle at Tynecastle when we've not dropped a single point there in close to four years.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That when you said "there is no question though that many of in this squad who have been around for a few seasons have often been found wanting when a different type of mentality and expectation is required trying to see out tight games at important stages of seasons in places like dingwall , tynecastle , McDermid park etc"  you're basing that on something other than actual results.  You'll have to explain how we struggle at Tynecastle when we've not dropped a single point there in close to four years.

I said there are some in this sqaud who have been found wanting in certain games that require a certain mentality when playing for Rangers . Tynecastle jumped out to me thinking back to when we got beat there after the winter break pre Covid  quickly followed by getting knocked out the cup there 

Feel free to give me the stats on our hampden results in the same 3-5 year period if you need my point on a clear mentality issue that has plagued the club domestically explained any further 

Just now, cr3_bear said:

I said there are some in this sqaud who have been found wanting in certain games that require a certain mentality when playing for Rangers . Tynecastle jumped out to me thinking back to when we got beat there after the winter break pre Covid  quickly followed by getting knocked out the cup there 

Feel free to give me the stats on our hampden results in the same 3-5 year period if you need my point on mentality clearly explained any further 

Ah yes, Hampden, where we famously play league games.

22/23 P3 W1 L2

21/22 P3, W2, L1

20/21 P0.

3 wins and 3 losses in three years.

Celtic

22/23 - P4 W4.

21/22 - P3 W2 L1

20/21 - P0

So we have one season in three where Celtic have a better record - including a game against a Championship side there.

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Ah yes, Hampden, where we famously play league games.

22/23 P3 W1 L2

21/22 P3, W2, L1

20/21 P0.

3 wins and 3 losses in three years.

Celtic

22/23 - P4 W4.

21/22 - P3 W2 L1

20/21 - P0

So we have one season in three where Celtic have a better record - including a game against a Championship side there.

Where did I say we played league games at hampden ? My point is domestically we have clearly had a mentality issue over last number of seasons with the club 

and your stats are all well and good but here’s the most important one , we have lifted 1 trophy there in your timeframe . They have lifted 3 

3 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Where did I say we played league games at hampden ? My point is domestically we have clearly had a mentality issue over last number of seasons with the club 

and your stats are all well and good but here’s the most important one , we have lifted 1 trophy there in your timeframe . They have lifted 3 

That's fitba. We've no God-given right to win every trophy, there's always going to be spells where we win next to fuck all. Certainly isn't the first time it's happened and won't be the last either.

Just now, The Dude said:

That's fitba. We've no God-given right to win every trophy, there's always going to be spells where we win next to fuck all. Certainly isn't the first time it's happened and won't be the last either.

What a rather pointless post :lol:

Nobody has said we have a god given right to win every trophy? I am giving an an opinion on what I feel is a clear issue hindering our opportunities to win trophies at the moment and for me that’s a mentality that has been allowed to fester on the domestic front 

Too much is made of mentality and not enough about quality, tactics etc.

celtic might be knocked out the cup. And it’s not because all their players are mentally weaker all of a sudden

it’s because they lost a world class manager, some of their better players  and they look noticeably shitter

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Players do need time to settlem, it's not anything new. New country, new team, new language for some, new position, new team shape etc.

Why wasnt that excuse used last season? We signed 7 new players and cunts had the pitchforks out by september

Fact is we lost to killie using 8 players who should know beales system inside and out by now

Just now, cr3_bear said:

What a rather pointless post :lol:

Nobody has said we have a god given right to win every trophy? I am giving an an opinion on what I feel is a clear issue hindering our opportunities to win trophies at the moment and for me that’s a mentality that has been allowed to fester on the domestic front 

Ah yes, the mentality problems that see us struggle at Tynecastle despite not dropping a point there in almost four years :lol:

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why wasnt that excuse used last season? We signed 7 new players and cunts had the pitchforks out by september

Fact is we lost to killie using 8 players who should know beales system inside and out by now

It was. Cunts already have their pitchforks out for Beale and we're not even into September yet.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

No wonder, with the old team and with the new team its the same turgid shite to watch, theres a correlation there

Plenty of the football under Walter was turgid. McLeish too. As long as they win trophies I couldn't give a fuck less if the football is pretty.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Ah yes, the mentality problems that see us struggle at Tynecastle despite not dropping a point there in almost four years :lol:

I didn’t say we struggled tynecastle either ? Did you actually read and take in what I said ?

I said there are some in this squad who have been found wanting in big games at Important stages of seasons in places like tynecastle , McDermid park , Dingwall . Which is 100 percent true . You went down the route of overall records in these places over a certain timeframe