New Manager

Lord Lockin

47 minutes ago, Wee Derek said:

He's no tactical masterclass but when your players can't even get up for it somethings terribly fucking wrong. At least he'd instil a bit of passion.

But why Warnock? If people want a Brexit Football manager then surely you go for Big Sam? He does the same thing, he’s done it consistently at a higher level than Warnock has and he’s about a decade younger too.

13 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

But why Warnock? If people want a Brexit Football manager then surely you go for Big Sam? He does the same thing, he’s done it consistently at a higher level than Warnock has and he’s about a decade younger too.

Don't know what Brexit football manager means but would take Big Sam too because again he would take no shit and wouldn't suffer fools. In an ideal world I'd like a forward thinking, attacking, progressive coach but we've seen where that gets us. You can have all the ability in the world but if you don't put the effort in first and foremost then its pointless and someone like Warnock, Sam wouldn't allow a performance like tonight.

18 minutes ago, Wee Derek said:

Don't know what Brexit football manager means but would take Big Sam too because again he would take no shit and wouldn't suffer fools. In an ideal world I'd like a forward thinking, attacking, progressive coach but we've seen where that gets us. You can have all the ability in the world but if you don't put the effort in first and foremost then its pointless and someone like Warnock, Sam wouldn't allow a performance like tonight.

Have we?

8 minutes ago, Wee Derek said:

Gerrard and Beale were meant to be.

I would hardly call either forward thinking, attacking or progressive.

The vast majority of Gerrard's time was conservative football combined with things that he picked up in England off the field. Beale had us playing football that was extremely safe and brutal to watch.

1 minute ago, SIRB_72 said:

I would hardly call either forward thinking, attacking or progressive.

The vast majority of Gerrard's time was conservative football combined with things that he picked up in England off the field. Beale had us playing football that was extremely safe and brutal.

That's what I'm saying they were meant to be progressive and attacking. All this talk of 'taking the handbreak off' was a load of guff. 

2 hours ago, King Jela said:

What personality has fucking Frank Lampard got? 

He's got 0 charisma. 

And having Souness back to scream and shout after 20 years out the game isn't the answer either. 

Correct and people seem to have forgotten why Souness packed in managing. He realised that players have the power and the days of threats, screaming and shouting had gone. It even dawned on Roy Keane eventually.

I think muscat is about as exotic as it's going to get (in terms of managers with a bit of experience) after that complete shit show tonight.

I can't say I'm entirely convinced but he at least has his team's playing a decent brand of football. Also I fear the alternative will be mcinnes 🤮

We are a fucking shambles of a club at the minute. I feel fucking worse about the direction of the team than I did during the journey just in terms of the level of regression. How the fuck can you manage to go from Europa League finalists to this fucking shambles in such a short space of time. Only us.

4 minutes ago, Wee Derek said:

That's what I'm saying they were meant to be progressive and attacking. All this talk of 'taking the handbreak off' was a load of guff. 

Aye we got Beale talking absolute shite, not an attacking manager:lol:

38 minutes ago, Wee Derek said:

Do you never wonder why he is not managing a decent club or why he cannot hold down a job for any length of time? Possibly because he may be a money grabbing dinosaur who takes as much as he can from the trough.