European Super League back on the table

Loyal72

22 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

The clubs who want it most are the ones outside of England who can't compete financially. 

Fortunately the Germans have a pretty decent moral compass when it comes to football so they won't be in, Italy passed legislation a year or so ago meaning Italian clubs can't join without the FA's permission (Same with England) and PSG already have unlimited money so they won't want in either.

The clubs interested will mainly be Real, Barca and then the 2nd tier European clubs from Portugal, Turkey, Greece, Netherlands etc.

I would be surprised if we haven't been approached to join so I'm interested to see if we have a response.

I just seen that lot refused to be associated with it, but I'm assuming that's Liewells UEFA connection.

39 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

I just seen that lot refused to be associated with it, but I'm assuming that's Liewells UEFA connection.

The whole of european football was waiting with bated breath to see which way celtic went. Thats the whole scheme fucked now that theyve knocked it back. Seriously though, what celtic think is an utter irrelevance. Its what the english, german, italian and spanish clubs think that matters and if they arent all on board,and it seems they arent, then this thing is doomed. 

12 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

The whole of european football was waiting with bated breath to see which way celtic went. Thats the whole scheme fucked now that theyve knocked it back. Seriously though, what celtic think is an utter irrelevance. Its what the english, german, italian and spanish clubs think that matters and if they arent all on board,and it seems they arent, then this thing is doomed. 

Aye because that's absolutely what my comment inferred 🤔 

Seriously though, your comment here is an utter irrelevance as if you'd read further back you'd have seen the premier League statement that's already out shooting it down, and the German league clubs rejecting it too.

Were you trying to be funny Murray? Fuck up Murray.

21 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Aye because that's absolutely what my comment inferred 🤔 

Seriously though, your comment here is an utter irrelevance as if you'd read further back you'd have seen the premier League statement that's already out shooting it down, and the German league clubs rejecting it too.

Were you trying to be funny Murray? Fuck up Murray.

Sorry, i knew what you inferred. I sorry youve misinterpreted what i meant. Im actually amused at celtic releasing a statement for the slole purpose of trying to be relevant and appear that it matters what they think. They have only released this cos they know its a non starter, if the english and german clubs were behind this they would have kept their traps shut and waited to see what way the wind was blowing. 

3 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

I think so, it's the way it's looking from what I've been reading so far this morning. 

Oh, also the homegrown rule was deemed unlawful in the same court, all those football laws that say you need so many nation players, scrapped today.

The domestic leagues situation will be the next in court tbh.  Matter of time now before Rangers are involved in something like this. 

All for it.

39 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Sorry, i knew what you inferred. I sorry youve misinterpreted what i meant. Im actually amused at celtic releasing a statement for the slole purpose of trying to be relevant and appear that it matters what they think. They have only released this cos they know its a non starter, if the english and german clubs were behind this they would have kept their traps shut and waited to see what way the wind was blowing. 

Ahh fair enough - I thought you were saying that's what I meant. 

But yeah, this ain't getting off the ground if England and Germany have torpedoed it.