graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

26 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

I watched Souttar tonight play in a deep line, much deeper than normal due to the opposition for Scotland, and be very impressive.

I then look at Propper's pace and how they both played against Malmo and again wonder why don't we play a deeper line.

I'm not saying back to the walls against the likes of St Johnstone and Kilmarnock but just reign this press in a little bit. Be willing to soak up a little pressure and defend in real blocks. 

Everything defensively is so scatter gun and mishapen. We get away with it against St Johnstone and Hibs but not against celtic and Lyon.

we cant play like that because our captain is fuckin pish, hes never where hes supposed to be and even when he is he stops nothing coming into the box, we basically play with 3 defenders with Souttar having to cover right centre and right back.

11 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Load of shite. 

We have better individual quality than the rest of the league outwidth celtic and to succeed here all you’ve to do is beat the rest and manage to win a couple of old firms.

The coaching of our squad is entirely at fault for how absolutely shite we look. Bringing Kieran Dowell on for Lawrence against Lyon when you’ve other attacking options on the bench and waiting until you’re 4-1 down to address the glaring issue that was Tav against Fofana ffs. We look dreadful against literally everyone we play with the exception of a once in a blue moon performance like against Ross County or Malmo 

Hes a clown 

Oooooft I was in a mood of trying to hope for the best about Clement and this is harshly true :lol: 

3 hours ago, KingKirk said:

No chance the lack of quality isn't something you can coach we need better players. 

Better coaching makes you more organised, harder to break down, more productive and better decision making in forward and attacking areas.

We need better players, but we need this balloon to at least show he has some sort of plan and it is due to the lack of quality and not absolutely piss poor coaching and management.

You can't concede the same goal/chance in every game wether it be Barca or brechin and watch the same move and not rectify it and stop it being so easy to play right through us.