New sponsorship deal

esquire8

16 hours ago, DeanMK said:

I think he's getting a bit carried away with his tweets. Now saying the previous deal was worth £1.5m-£2m a season, which would mean a maximum increase of £1.6m a season. As welcome as extra cash is, "massive deal for the club" feels a little hyperbolic.

Fact they aren't disclosing actual figures make me think it's still not great. Improvement on shite as others said

An 80% increase on heehaw is still heehaw.

I get putting out an announcement on it for sponsorship reasons from the club, but one reason I am not keen on fan media like this is that end up being mouthpieces.

4 hours ago, crmpicco said:

Yes, i'd like to know the figures involved. How it compares with what we had and importantly how it compares with what that lot get from Dafabet. Those are the real questions that need answered otherwise it's smoke and mirrors

Looking online at the Dafabet only side of it (not including Adidas), reported they've been getting 2.5 mill per year for the last 5 years.  Deal runs out this year.  

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/celtics-record-breaking-dafabet-adidas-29277511?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

If like previous poster @DeanMK says and we were on 1.5/1.6 mill with an 80% increase, then we've just got it up to around 2.7 million.... so in theory we've caught up with them,  but they're due to renew a deal soon.  

1 hour ago, Albertz85 said:

Fact they aren't disclosing actual figures make me think it's still not great. Improvement on shite as others said

I don't think it's shite tbf, as good as a deal as we're likely to get for a shirt sponsor at the minute.

I just think that 4lads page needs to reign it in a bit. No need to be parading a business deal like we've just signed a world class player.

6 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

I don't think it's shite tbf, as good as a deal as we're likely to get for a shirt sponsor at the minute.

I just think that 4lads page needs to reign it in a bit. No need to be parading a business deal like we've just signed a world class player.

Nothing wrong with getting news on business deals out there.  But this does seem like a bit of a distraction technique from the club after last night.  

Especially considering what we'll earn in a year with this deal is probably around what they earned last night against that pile of shite.

Just now, KingKirk said:

Do they directly can't say I remember that tbh. It's the biggest deal in our history. 

Dunno if directly but the numbers involved are always well documented in the press. Our deal with Castore being one.

It’s more money in the coffers than we had before people need to get a grip and stop moaning about anything positive , every clubs that renews a sponsorship deal will announce it. Also we all know the fan media are just mouth pieces for the club anyway