Buying youngsters from abroad?

Boab

We signed Bendiksen today,

1. Namouchi who was also signed on a free
  2. Fetai although only on loan, but we didn't go with through with it and buy him
  3. Rory Loy (who was bought from Killie for 25k)
  4. Dean Furman who was signed on a free transfer from Chelsea
  5. Ashikodi again on a free from Millwall
  6. Dany n' Guessan, signed on a free after interest from several top name clubs
So we havn't spend lots of money on them...

However, is this good for the young talent already at Murray Park and their morale when they see a foreign youngster coming in?

Or is it good so the football at Murray Park is more multi cultural?

Mind you, I'm not saying that I'm dead against todays signing from Norway or foreign youngsters signing at Murray Park but I certainly wouldn't want to become like Arsenal in terms of the amount of foreign youngsters.

What do you think?

I think it is both good and bad.

Walter has proved upon his return that a Scottish backbone to the team is vital, so the priority should be Scots. However, you always need that little bit extra, that sometimes a foreign player can provide.

I think it is good to bring in something different from abroad, but the foreign players should be a minority in the squad, in my opinion.

I can think of only Gattuso as the only youngster we have brought in that has actually gone on to better things. That was nearly 10 years ago! I think the scouts are seeing something in these boys and it is worth talking a hit on them at an early stage rather than forking out £5M for them in years to come if the do indeed amount to anything. If they are special though, they need to be introduced to the first team squad sooner, and I include the Scots boys in this, as this would help their development I feel, or sending them out on loan in this country.