will alan gow ever get his chance..

ricksen_da_best

Gow will eventually get his chance, there is no way he will go all season without playing at all.

However I think Gow's cult following are going to have to accept that he is probably going to be a squad player.

McCulloch and Naismith cost big money and Beasley is an international with over 60 caps. They are all ahead of him in the pecking order IMO and rightfully so.

Gow will eventually get his chance, there is no way he will go all season without playing at all.

However I think Gow's cult following are going to have to accept that he is probably going to be a squad player.

McCulloch and Naismith cost big money and Beasley is an international with over 60 caps. They are all ahead of him in the pecking order IMO and rightfully so.

How can you say rightly so when we have not seen him perform yet? You may be right, but until we see him perform then who knows?

Looking at the 1st half of our SPL and CL games he would have been much better than many.

1st Half today our midfield is crap! - again!

Hope they turn it on in the second half!

How can you say rightly so when we have not seen him perform yet? You may be right, but until we see him perform then who knows?

Looking at the 1st half of our SPL and CL games he would have been much better than many.

1st Half today our midfield is crap! - again!

Hope they turn it on in the second half!

I've seen him play for Falkirk on a number of occassions and IMO Beasley, McCulloch and Beasley all offer more to the side.

Players with vast international experience and/or a hefty price tag are always going to get the nod ahead of others. I know it's not fair but thats just how it generally works at big clubs

Is Gow becoming our Riordan?

The fans seem to think he is worth a punt in games but the management appear to think otherwise.

Hopefully his time wil come also Naismith. They will add flair and Buffel too has yet to play.

has he not had more family bereavements?

I wouldn't say any more, no.

Have to agree with other posters in the thread so far, he will get his chance, this season.

When is of course depending on different factors like injuries, suspensions, and fatique. Where is another thing, it is hard to get into a winning team' Some may cost big money but big because you are bought for a lot of money then that doesn't guarentee you a place in the team.

I still think his creativity, dribbling, and passing will make its way into the Rangers team, watching the Rangers reserves recently reminded me of his qualities.

(I've never used Underline before but I think I like it :classier_than_pipeguy: )

I hope he doesn't. He deserves his chance just like everyone else
What did Webster do that was different to Gow, then, to play today?

The fans seem to think he is worth a punt in games but the management appear to think otherwise.

Nah, Riordan is arguably the second best striker at that club.... Gow may be a good player but there are players ahead of him that are there on merit. Plus Gow has had personal problems that have delayed the start to his career. If he is good enough he will force his way into the team

has he not had more family bereavements?

I wouldn't say any more, no.

Have to agree with other posters in the thread so far, he will get his chance, this season.

When is of course depending on different factors like injuries, suspensions, and fatique. Where is another thing, it is hard to get into a winning team' Some may cost big money but big because you are bought for a lot of money then that doesn't guarentee you a place in the team.

I still think his creativity, dribbling, and passing will make its way into the Rangers team, watching the Rangers reserves recently reminded me of his qualities.

(I've never used Underline before but I think I like it :classier_than_pipeguy: )

I hope he doesn't. He deserves his chance just like everyone else

Weir got a well earned rest. Our whole midfield desrves one too.

I wouldn't disagree with Davie needing a rest but if Steely's point was that Gow doesn't deserve a chance then what has Webster done that is any different? (Reserve matches that both players have played) Broadfoot could have played?

I wouldn't disagree with Davie needing a rest but if Steely's point was that Gow doesn't deserve a chance then what has Webster done that is any different? (Reserve matches that both players have played) Broadfoot could have played?

There is no answer to these questions, we cannot see what goes on in training, we cannot know how WS rates players. Maybe he rates Webster over Broadfoot, maybe he rates Several players over Gow, maybe he feels that Gow is not mentally ready to play for Rangers due to his family bereavments, maybe he thought it was more important to have Naismith on the bench today than Gow. Maybe maybe maybe

The point is that Gow will get his chance when the time is right and he better be sure that he gives it all he has got as the competition for places is brilliant

Gow doesn't get arrested every second week!

As for the original question, why should he get a chance ? We are winning, why change ?