Is Alex McLeish a Rangers legend?

Boab

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a legend.

I find it baffling how a manager who was quite inept, and with a team playing poor quality football managed to have such a good record on paper.

He's either very gifted or a jammy bastard.

I tend to verge on the side of the latter tbh. I think he fluked his way to those titles. His signings on the whole were abysmal and he wasted so many players by putting them out of position its not real ... Lovenkrands, Averladze etc and the dropping of Klos IMO was a disgrace.

Oh FFS. He fluked his way to records of played 38, won 29, drew 6 and lost 3 and played 38, won 31, drew 4 and lost 3? That's some amazing fucking fluke.

Minstral is right ... we did steal them.

Like Minstral you are wrong. We won both titles fair and square with better league records over the 38 games.

lets get a bit of honesty here how many went to easter road and thought we could win the title, and that motherwell would beat the manky mob that day, look in the mirror and tell me you thought we would win the title, it was daylight roberry and the bookies were offering 20-1 that day that we would win the title and i did not notice a massive gamble to bet our team, but as i say it will go down as one of our greatest days in our history which i will never forget neither will the tims, but bottom line is with 5 min to go would you have given us a chance, yes no chance, the great train robbers got jailed for less. :pipe:

No. We played 38 games of which we won 31, drew 4 and lost 3. That was a better record than Celtic over the season. That's why we were league champions.

As for the 20-1...where do you get that from? I think that is total pants. Motherwell would have been something like 7-2 to draw with Celtic, (being very generous). Rangers would probably be around evens to win at Easter Rd, ( generous to your argument again). That is nothing like 20-1, that's 8-1 but in reality it would have been probably be much less than that.

Well said. I do wonder where Minstrals allegiances lie - seems he's more like his pal the*ish as he is more likely to criticise Rangers than praise. i think minstral set off as a 6 year old to church one morning, ended up outside ibrox dazed and confused and has struggled to differentiate between the two ever since.

His allegiances lie where yours obviously don't with Rangers Football Club and what they stand for ! :sherlock:

dont talk shite.

Very disappointed in you ! Could you no reply in a more poetic way ? ie like THEFISH rhetoric yanker an awe that ? :sherlock:

Guys what are we bickering for....

In years to come when we tell the grandkids the story of Helicopter Sunday.....there will alwys be a happy ending...

RANGERS - CHAMPIONS !

well said d'art.

except some fans are happier criticising than remembering with pride and joy.

cannae understand some feckin people.

He is a legend.

I find it baffling how a manager who was quite inept, and with a team playing poor quality football managed to have such a good record on paper.

I tend to verge on the side of the latter tbh. I think he fluked his way to those titles. His signings on the whole were abysmal and he wasted so many players by putting them out of position its not real ... Lovenkrands, Averladze etc and the dropping of Klos IMO was a disgrace.

Oh FFS. He fluked his way to records of played 38, won 29, drew 6 and lost 3 and played 38, won 31, drew 4 and lost 3? That's some amazing fucking fluke.

Like Minstral you are wrong. We won both titles fair and square with better league records over the 38 games.

lets get a bit of honesty here how many went to easter road and thought we could win the title, and that motherwell would beat the manky mob that day, look in the mirror and tell me you thought we would win the title, it was daylight roberry and the bookies were offering 20-1 that day that we would win the title and i did not notice a massive gamble to bet our team, but as i say it will go down as one of our greatest days in our history which i will never forget neither will the tims, but bottom line is with 5 min to go would you have given us a chance, yes no chance, the great train robbers got jailed for less. :pipe:

No. We played 38 games of which we won 31, drew 4 and lost 3. That was a better record than Celtic over the season. That's why we were league champions.

As for the 20-1...where do you get that from? I think that is total pants. Motherwell would have been something like 7-2 to draw with Celtic, (being very generous). Rangers would probably be around evens to win at Easter Rd, ( generous to your argument again). That is nothing like 20-1, that's 8-1 but in reality it would have been probably be much less than that.

Well said. I do wonder where Minstrals allegiances lie - seems he's more like his pal the*ish as he is more likely to criticise Rangers than praise. i think minstral set off as a 6 year old to church one morning, ended up outside ibrox dazed and confused and has struggled to differentiate between the two ever since.

listen i know more about rangers and have given them more support than you will ever know, for being a tim you have just made me laugh, yes i go to the piggery every week and i just come on the forum to wind people up,i bet you wish that was true, but sorry to upset you but i have followed rangers a lot longer than you, plus my family and myself have all givrn their life to the club we LOVE, i hope you understand that word, also i have 3 sons and 1 grandson and grandaughter who will all be brought up the same way as myself rangers british and protestant and proud of it, also stop trying to take the heat off yourself and stop trying to deflect it on to me, you see i can look in the mirror and know what i am can you do the same?.

He is a legend.

His allegiances lie where yours obviously don't with Rangers Football Club and what they stand for ! :sherlock:

dont talk shite.

Very disappointed in you ! Could you no reply in a more poetic way ? ie like THEFISH rhetoric yanker an awe that ? :sherlock:

not this time. you negative guys drag me down sometimes. it's hard to stay positive all the time with some people.

listen i know more about rangers and have given them more support than you will ever know, for being a tim you have just made me laugh, yes i go to the piggery every week and i just come on the forum to wind people up,i bet you wish that was true, but sorry to upset you but i have followed rangers a lot longer than you, plus my family and myself have all givrn their life to the club we LOVE, i hope you understand that word, also i have 3 sons and 1 grandson and grandaughter who will all be brought up the same way as myself rangers british and protestant and proud of it, also stop trying to take the heat off yourself and stop trying to deflect it on to me, you see i can look in the mirror and know what i am can you do the same?.

No need to justify or explain yourself EVER to anyone Minstral - I suspect if you cut yourself blue blood runs from the cut.

No need to justify or explain yourself EVER to anyone Minstral - I suspect if you cut yourself blue blood runs from the cut.

thanks dart and you are spot on i would die for our club if i had to.

Don't need to justify yourself but keep on tellin them who and what you are and make them feel more inferior than they already are ! W.A.T.P. :sherlock:

awww, stoppit! ye'll have me greetin!

are we men on here or what ffs? beginnin to sound like a jeremy fuckin kyle show!

:lol:

Big Eck is a legend in my eyes. He achieved many great things with hardly any backing and as was mentioned earlier he carried on even when every1 was calling for his head.

For him to stay on and manage the team for months knowing that he was going to be replaced by PLG shows how much he cared for the club and u could see he was hurting when things werent going right. When the heat got turned up on Le Guen you saw what happened, he walked.

Cheers Big Eck, ya fcuking legend! :rangers:

are we men on here or what ffs? beginnin to sound like a jeremy fuckin kyle show!

I think we can put this one to bed he is without doubt one of the scum...can you imagine him talking to Rangers fans in the flesh with this attitude, he just abuses us and the only ones he agrees with are the ones we suspect of being like him

He wouldnt last a minute and would be lucky to walk again

He is a legend.

we were 20-1 and i dont care what you say of course you were one of the fans that never had any doubt even with 5 min left that we would still win it?

There is no way in a million years that a double of Motherwell drawing with Celtic, and Rangers winning at Hibs, would come anywhere close to 20-1. Don't lie when it involves a subject you obviously have no idea about as you'll get found out.

I never said I thought Rangers would be champions that day...because I didn't.

I think we can put this one to bed he is without doubt one of the scum...can you imagine him talking to Rangers fans in the flesh with this attitude, he just abuses us and the only ones he agrees with are the ones we suspect of being like him

don't make me laugh sunshine.

:cyberspace_hardman:

you're about 12 years old or at least demonstrate the intellect of a very dim 12 year old.

you've never even been to a game ya plum!

I held a season ticket for years and even thought I live hundreds of miles away I still make it back for about a dozen games a season.

you can GFY.

He is a legend.

we were 20-1 and i dont care what you say of course you were one of the fans that never had any doubt even with 5 min left that we would still win it?

There is no way in a million years that a double of Motherwell drawing with Celtic, and Rangers winning at Hibs, would come anywhere close to 20-1. Don't lie when it involves a subject you obviously have no idea about as you'll get found out.

i have to laugh at you, i have gambling since i was a young boy so dont try and educate me about odds i am telling you that rangers were 20-1 to win the title if you dont believe it thats up to you but tell me this how can you say it was not 20-1, you seem to forget what result celtic needed that day to win the title, when you learn a bit more about gambling then we might have a more sensible chat. <_<

have you got kids minstral ?

if so then they are the only things you should consider dying for,not a football club,shhheeeesh some of you guys take this too far :(

rangers are not just for xmas, and maybe thats why we all support the club in different ways.

don't make me laugh sunshine.

:cyberspace_hardman:

you're about 12 years old or at least demonstrate the intellect of a very dim 12 year old.

you've never even been to a game ya plum!

I held a season ticket for years and even thought I live hundreds of miles away I still make it back for about a dozen games a season.

you can GFY.

When will this animal be removed...its nothing but abuse after abuse and he is just on

He is a legend.

i have to laugh at you, i have gambling since i was a young boy so dont try and educate me about odds i am telling you that rangers were 20-1 to win the title if you dont believe it thats up to you but tell me this how can you say it was not 20-1, you seem to forget what result celtic needed that day to win the title, when you learn a bit more about gambling then we might have a more sensible chat. <_<

You know nothing of gambling and it's bullshit about Rangers being 20-1 to win the league that day. No way would that double be 20-1...anyone who knows anything about fixed odds would realise that. If you disagree then tell me what the odds were that made up the 20-1... i.e. a double of a Rangers win, and Celtic failing to win.

I know the result Celtic needed. If Rangers won, then Celtic needed to win. That last McDonald goal ultimately meant nothing as a draw would still have seen the helicopter changing direction as Rangers had the superior goal difference. If Rangers failed to win then any result would have seen Celtic win the league. It's you that seems to have forgotten what was required.

He is a legend.

You know nothing of gambling and it's bullshit about Rangers being 20-1 to win the league that day. No way would that double be 20-1...anyone who knows anything about fixed odds would realise that. If you disagree then tell me what the odds were that made up the 20-1... i.e. a double of a Rangers win, and Celtic failing to win.

I know the result Celtic needed. If Rangers won, then Celtic needed to win. That last McDonald goal ultimately meant nothing as a draw would still have seen the helicopter changing direction as Rangers had the superior goal difference. If Rangers failed to win then any result would have seen Celtic win the league. It's you that seems to have forgotten what was required.

well you have your opinion and i have mind and i know the odds that i seen so we will just have to leave it at that.