Alan Hutton - simply the best!

Frankie

Clearly a good player, maybe it's just because he's now a tim that some of us dont rate him. ra sellik fans have been impressed with him and they are the ones who have seen him week in week out.

They also said that Eyal Berkovic was the best midfielder in Europe, Balde is world class and McGeady could get a game for any team in the world...

I am probably bias because he is on of them, but I honestly cannot see what the fuss is about.

How can you forget that MON had been touted and headhunted as the next Manager of Man Utd!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly a good player, maybe it's just because he's now a tim that some of us dont rate him. ra sellik fans have been impressed with him and they are the ones who have seen him week in week out.

They also said that Eyal Berkovic was the best midfielder in Europe, Balde is world class and McGeady could get a game for any team in the world...

I am probably bias because he is on of them, but I honestly cannot see what the fuss is about.

We also do the same, Prso, Cuellar world class.

I agree with the Ceullar point!

The way we are hyping him is ridicilous!

We're allowed to. We're bears and have a clue :)

Cuellar is quality but if he was world class then he would not be playing in the SPL and would be a regular in the Spanish national squad. Let's see how he fares against the big dogs, ra sellik, Barca, Lyon etc

Humble pie from me in huge chunks. I slated the guy after the quality of his performances up to and including his sending off against Zeta, since then the transformation in the boy has been outstanding. I don't think my opinion of him up to the point mentioned was unfounded but I am happy to acknowledge his vastly improved performances. :D

I don't want to sound over dramatic, but at this exact oment I can't actually think of another full back in better form than Hutton.

You could argue that Richards is, but he's playing the majortiy of his games at centre half.

Either way, it's good that we got Hutton tied down to a new contract, because if he impresses in The Champions League then we could have a real fight on our hands to keep him.

Realistically how much could we demand? Gordon cost 9 million, Brown is rumoured to be worth 9 million. Would it be ridicilous to look for a similar amount?

tbh, I'm hearing nothing hard about speculation linking him with a move away, so for now I'd say we're safe. As for form, yes, Hutton is the most in form FB in the UK the now far as I know.

As for teams possibly looking at Hutton I wouldn't be worried at all even if there is any truth for two main reasons.

I really don't think Hutton will want to leave Rangers, maybe some time in the future, but a good few years.

I also don't think WS would even consider any bid for him and have a "no sale" sign slapped on his head, WS wants to build a winning team and to do that you have to keep the best players in your squad.

To this end the bid would have to be massive (getting near double figures) for there to be even the smallest hint of Rangers considering it.

Alan Hutton, injury free for a season will be the best full back in europe,bar none.he is the new ,please minstral don't take offence, the new Bobby Shearer.

Once again the lad was superb last night. Despite being isolated at times, he again dealt with Malouda very well (as he done against Chelsea) and for the most part (in the second half especially) forged a decent understanding with Brown.

Ever since around last November - not just since PLG left - Hutton has simply been outstanding. Consistent, strong, athletic, disciplined, good on the ball, aerially competent, decent distribution and generally developing into a top-class player. I hear off the park he has changed his lifestyle and attitude completely.

Last night, I believe Mark Guidi said on Radio Snyde that 'Right back is the weakest link in the Scotland team. Alan Hutton is not comfortable with people coming at him and the position'. I've read and heard some nonsense in the media in recent times but that really takes the biscuit.

I'm sure Alan will have taken great delight in shoving those words right down Guidi's rather fat throat.

Keep it up Al!

Guidi doesn't have a clue, after all he was the guy who said that poorso was poor :lol:.

Heez doing no bad actuallt but he will never be a Gary Stevens or a William son of Orange Sandy Jardine

Keep up the good work Al and leave aff the bevvy 48 hrs before a match ya scoundrel....ye know what a mean :craphead::beer1:

Cuellar is quality but if he was world class then he would not be playing in the SPL and would be a regular in the Spanish national squad. Let's see how he fares against the big dogs, ra sellik, Barca, Lyon etc

Sorry, but, why not? I remember a time when it was an honour to play for Rangers, maybe this lad realises it?

As for Hutton, getting there! without a doubt. Be good to see if he keeps it up

:rangers:

I don't think Cuellars world class, but if he were to move on then I would want to going rate in todays market.

And if todays market means that Darren Bent costs £17 million...............

Yip, my point exactly.

I know the Premiership would up his value incredibly, but I wouldn't be letting Cuellar go on the cheap when you compare to the English market.

I'm not saying I would demand £20m, but a very reasonable sum would be needed to tempt us, hopefully.

Bent isn't a great comparison, I mean, english players being sold get sold for a heck of a lot more to each other than the foreigners for some reason. If you are looking to value him, someone like chimbonda is reasonable, about £6M for a very good RB and Hutton, igf he keeps up this form for a couple years will easily command that.