Will Boyd get his chance in the Champions League?

Boab

At this point, it seems that we may play the 1 up-front throughout our Champions League and it doesn't seem that KB could be the man to lead the line in this system, as yet.

However, if Boyd were to play and then to score he would then silence many a doubter as this would be goals against 'top class' opposition.

Views?

Could we play the 2 upfront at one point?

Cant see it to be honest. We cannot afford passengers at this level and with the games we have, he has no chance. We will be 1 up for most of the games and to be honest, the likes of Novo offer more for the team.

I think Boyds involvement in the CL will all depend on injuries and the circumstances of the Group. Rangers would need to be in a strong position in the group for him to start a match and for a fit Darcheville to be sacrificed, and if it's not Darcheville it will be Cousin.

KB is a penalty box player whose main asset is to sniff out goals and not have an integral part of the creation himself. To that effect what am trying to say without upsetting too many here is that KB is not a "footballer". We need spark and energy and most of that comes in the CL to the forwards dropping deep to offer the midfield support. In the SPL Boyd will get goals as he has support and wing backs getting the opportunity to get to the bye-line which is done easier against inferior opposition.

I'd play 4-5-1/4-1-4-1/4-2-3-1 in all of our European games and that means that Boyd misses out. Would he of put in a Darchy performance the other night, not a chance. We cant afford to play Boyd up top on his own. He misses out for me!

At this point, it seems that we may play the 1 up-front throughout our Champions League and it doesn't seem that KB could be the man to lead the line in this system, as yet.

However, if Boyd were to play and then to score he would then silence many a doubter as this would be goals against 'top class' opposition.

Views?

Could we play the 2 upfront at one point?

Sorry, but he is so far short of good enough for that level

I think it will depend on the situation, if we are in a game and losing and are forced to put another striker on then Boyd would probably be an option as he is the kind of player who could get a goal from nothing.

Whilst the 4-5-1 position is played then no he won't get a game.

Why do anti bang em in Boydie people start silly threads about him

Dont see it as a silly thread, as you say, if you dont like it then dont read and post in the thread (tu)

Naw the pont is why stir up shit with one of our players who has kept the clubs credibility at a level of decency with his golas when we were struggling....remember that period do we :bouncy:

Dont see it as a silly thread, as you say, if you dont like it then dont read and post in the thread (tu)

Naw the pont is why stir up shit with one of our players who has kept the clubs credibility at a level of decency with his golas when we were struggling....remember that period do we :bouncy:

It's nothing to do with the amount of goals that he has scored for Rangers, and thank God last season he did or we would have been in a far worst position.

The point of the thread was to ask if we thought Boyd would get a chance due to Walter's tactics of playing only one striker up front, and Boyd has proved himself that he isn't very good at being the loan striker.

It's nothing to do with the amount of goals that he has scored for Rangers, and thank God last season he did or we would have been in a far worst position.

The point of the thread was to ask if we thought Boyd would get a chance due to Walter's tactics of playing only one striker up front, and Boyd has proved himself that he isn't very good at being the loan striker.

Aye he is :lol:(tu)

Aye he is :lol:(tu)

:lol: I wish he was!

I could see the point if the thread was started by someone who appreciates bang em in

But when its from someone who is always bad mouthing him 7/24 it gives it a differtent aspect

Thats why I called it shit stirring against one of our players :rangers:

I don't think he'll get a game.

The way we will play, we need mobility and speed in the counter attack.

KB as someone already said, will be used for the long ball tactic in the last 20 minutes of a game if we're 1 or 2 down.

And even then, Cousin will probably get the nod before him.

I could see the point if the thread was started by someone who appreciates bang em in

But when its from someone who is always bad mouthing him 7/24 it gives it a differtent aspect

Thats why I called it shit stirring against one of our players

:rangers:

I've actually never been a Boyd hater, so your quite far off the mark.

But I'm not as short-minded as to not see his faults.

you would think with the money boyd makes he could avoid cheap trainers like GOLA :P