Murray has saved us?

Danny

I said yesterday that SDM was the only man who could sort this out, and that it was no exaggeration to say the future of our club rested with him.

I believe he has done exactly that, and while we all rightly have criticisms of the way he's handled things in the past, and his lack of investment recently, he's done, for me, the right thing and sorted out a situation which was in danger of imploding.

I said yesterday that SDM was the only man who could sort this out, and that it was no exaggeration to say the future of our club rested with him.

I believe he has done exactly that, and while we all rightly have criticisms of the way he's handled things in the past, and his lack of investment recently, he's done, for me, the right thing and sorted out a situation which was in danger of imploding.

sorry danny it did implode

waiting to see the fall out

Here here Danny. Once again DM had nothing but Rangers at heart. He managed to sign this world class, young, gifted manager in PLG in the hope he'd take the Gers to new heights. It didn't work out, infact it went drastically wrong and he pulled the plug on it as early as he could.

We should all be grateful DM is our chairman and I hope he continues to be for as long as he can. <bouncy>

I think the whole thing has been handled poorly tbh. PLG "probably" had to go, or at the very least wanted to. At the same time, Ferguson shouldnt get off scot free in this. I dont like the fact he stayed silent, and let 3rd parties tell all the stories, something isnt right there

Then again, I dont think any of us can comment as we STILL dont know all the facts yet. I posted earlier on about this next bit. How would we have reacted had it been US 17 points clear in the league and then the PLG/Baz situation arose? Would that have made a difference?

What kind of message has David Murray sent to prospective Rangers managers? You have to pick Barry Ferguson in your squad? You have to make him captain? If you fall out with Barry Ferguson I'll back him ahead of you? This whole sorry mess has left a nasty stench around Ibrox.

Sior david Murray is unfortunately playing to the crowd - it pains me to say it but he is taking the popularity route rather than the strategic route.

i think you live in a fantasy world, do you not understand we are 17 points behind and fighting to even get 2nd place, please get back in to the real world.

Read Murray International's Annual report.

In the 'Rangers Section', it mentions PLG by name and how it is an exciting time at Rangers. With SDM sacking PLG, this has to be an embarassment to him since he himself so highly valued PLG as to put it in the report. Selling Barry would have been easy.

SDM took the HARD WAY OUT for the sake of Rangers FC. I for one think there is a helluva lot more to this than just the Barry fall out. I don't even think this had much to do with Barry. I think PLG wanted out, and SDM gave him his wish. It's not exactly like we were leading the way with him? Results count. He didn't have any.

Well done SDM!

What kind of message has David Murray sent to prospective Rangers managers? You have to pick Barry Ferguson in your squad? You have to make him captain? If you fall out with Barry Ferguson I'll back him ahead of you? This whole sorry mess has left a nasty stench around Ibrox.

I accept this, but at the same time events of the past few days may just have been the straw which broke the camel's back.

PLG was a miserable failure, and we were dying under him - SDM may have been desperate to remove him and used this as a good chance to do so.

And I cannot say I'd disagree with it.