Scotland vs. Ukraine

J_RFC87

Ever the pessamist when it comes to international football, I can just see another Belarus 2005 effort coming up :rolleyes:

This 'wave of optimism' was arguble created by Scotland's results, but we have a wee wave when we beat Norway away, only to fall flat on the old face at home to Belarus.

With key players injured, and the strikers not getting games at their clubs, coming up against formidable oppostion in:

• Vaschuk
  • Tymoschuk
  • Nazarenko
  • Rotan
  • Voronin
and not even mentioning Shevy....

The energy in the wave of optimism will run out.

1-2 Ukraine.

That's it, Italy and France are pretty much guarenteed 6 points so we'll be pretty much out given the difficulty of our last 2 games.

And everyone blames Eck who is, of course, a former Rangers manager, then everyone blames Walter for leaving who is the current Rangers manager.

The tims will have a field day over this one.

Let's hope to f*ck we get another flukey win and delay the abuse.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who the fuck cares what the tims or the rest of scottish football fans think to be honest mate :craphead:

should all be greatful to walter n eck for even getting them into contention.

il be there on saturday hoping for a great result.

But if we dont qualify - i will be proud of Scotland no matter what (tu)

Who the fuck cares what the tims or the rest of scottish football fans think to be honest mate :craphead:

fair enough, but my point is of the now over-expectation Scotland fans now expect, from the media to the fans to the SFA.

i think we can lose against ukraine on saturday and still qualify but we'll have to win our last 2 games of course.

i thought you didnt care about the national side jadams? <cr>

I've never said I don't care about Scotland, just that the impact it has on me doesn't come near to what a Rangers game does.

Italy and France are playing the shiters, and are pretty much guarenteed to get 6 points. That means having to beat Georgia away and the world cup winners at home to qualify, if we get beat on Saturday doh

tbh i think any fan who is there on saturday(myself included) will know that the ukraine arent just a bunch of diddies. we know their dangermen well since they play in the premiership(and we know how good sheva was for milan and is for ukraine) but we have a great record at hampden over these bigger sides and i hope that will continue on saturday :)

I actually think we will turn over the Ukraine with a 3-0 victory to be honest, and this has nothing to do with the wave of optimism over recent results.

In the last game against them they were lucky to beat us, some poor refereeing and cheating from Schevy and an unfair dismissal was what beat us.

tbh i think any fan who is there on saturday(myself included) will know that the ukraine arent just a bunch of diddies. we know their dangermen well since they play in the premiership(and we know how good sheva was for milan and is for ukraine) but we have a great record at hampden over these bigger sides and i hope that will continue on saturday :)

Only 2 Ukrainian players play in the Premiership. The rest play pretty much in the Ukrainian league.

I hope to see it continue as well, but I can't see it. espicially if we employ the 4-5-1.

i think we can lose against ukraine on saturday and still qualify but we'll have to win our last 2 games of course.

i thought you didnt care about the national side jadams? <cr>

I've never said I don't care about Scotland, just that the impact it has on me doesn't come near to what a Rangers game does.

Italy and France are playing the shiters, and are pretty much guarenteed to get 6 points. That means having to beat Georgia away and the world cup winners at home to qualify, if we get beat on Saturday doh

georgia will be without kaladze and arveladze has retired so i am pretty confident we can get a result over there and with a packed hampden and us needing 3 points to qualify against the tallies, it isnt beyond possibilty that we would beat them. but of course i hope that we get the 6 points over ukraine and georgia but we KNOW it wont be easy!

Only 2 Ukrainian players play in the Premiership. The rest play pretty much in the Ukrainian league.

I hope to see it continue as well, but I can't see it. espicially if we employ the 4-5-1.

when i said dangermen i was meaning voronin and shevchenko. but of course they have players like kalinichenko and tymoschuk who play in russia and they will be a threat aswell.

fair enough, but my point is of the now over-expectation Scotland fans now expect, from the media to the fans to the SFA.

Yeah a see ur point mate, however this time i think its a bit diffrent from the likes of when we beat holland :lol:

We have now done it over a number of games and People WILL fear coming to play Scotland. And the media and stuff- i think its more a show of support than what it is down in england. were the media heep pressure on there national team. The likes of the sun ( i think it was ) had the bus in paris to lead the tartan army - all tht helps in my opinion :) Because its support. :P

:) Because its support. :P

we have the best supporters in the world...mon the scotland :D:D

yeh when i get to my seat on saturday ill start to get quite nervous especially when the teams are announced! but it has been stressed to us before by big eck and co how important us fans are at hampden and i hope we play our part on saturday. one thing is for sure, hampden is going to be bouncing! :bouncy:

Believe it or not technically we should be classed as favourites as we are ahead of them in the world rankings now!

And we're top of the group. Maybe im just scared of the glorious demise we're so used to in scotland

I know it has been such a long time when we could be filled with confidence, but I think this time it isn't a flash in the pan.

My heart agrees with you.

Also a good sign...my pal has a feeling we're gonna win. He said France would beat us..and then just before kick-off and turned to me and said "we wont lose this". And against lyon i got a text from 2 mins before kick off saying "rangers wont lose tonight"

He's told me scotland wont lose on saturday...

Can you ask him to pick my lottery numbers...