The Official Georgia vs Scotland Thread

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heart wrenching. I know we have key players out, but these are the kind of games when you have to stand up and get counted. Piss poor showing, and now our great dream is suddenly in danger of falling in ruins. So all we have to do is get a result against the world champions at Hampden. <cr> Another typical implosion, or something to savour for generations? PLEASE God let it be the latter...

Well that was just a mingin' performance.

Beat Italy to get through? Can't see it.

Scotland beat France home and away? never, Scotland even beat Ukraine at home? nah chance, Rangers beat Lyon away , sod off, Aberdeen qualify for uefa cup group stages? no way.

Exactly what everyone would of said this time last year, look how far we have come. Italy might fancy their chances but so did France and Lyon, we CAN and WILL win.

Should never write your own team off, especially as they have shown you this season what they can do.

This performance was a joke. Murty is pish letting that guy go past him for the 2nd goal. Pearson should never have made it to half-time. Fletchers isn't fit and should never have lasted this long. Not 1 free-kick on target.

We will not qualify for Euro 2008 now.

Don't get ahead of yourself, you might be upset but thats not the attitude to have, we WILL qualify.

Georgia have been solid at the back, wtf is this, we lose one match and people go into ultra negative mode. This isn't the English media, we don't need to write off our team after a string of good wins then one defeat.

You're right - with our missing boys back and the crowd willing us on, I still believe we can do it. We have been set up with the ultimate chance to prove ourselves - let's forget this nightmare and get this done at Hampden!

Italy have a different style of play from France. Dangerous in the air, dangerous with free-kicks. Those type of chances were also Georgia's best chances and they beat us. Where will we get another 40 yard strike from?

i think the people who slagged off englands defeat to russia aint so smug now giruy

The English twats can't control the outcome. We beat Italy we're through.

what you need to remember there may be english people on this website who follow the rangers so its not nice to see all the anti english abuse

Truly painful performance tonight. Abject in every department. Worst I've seen us play for a long time.

But it HAS been coming.

This is Scotland guys, we have been on cloud 9 for ages, and eventually we had to crash to earth.

Tonight was the bump we sadly expected. We were off the pace in every area of the pitch and there was no magic whatsoever.

Just have to hope we beat Italy. Which I can see happening.

i think the people who slagged off englands defeat to russia aint so smug now giruy

Why the giruy?

Maybe because he's English ffs.

I didn't know that...ffs

Use your grey matter. I didn't have a clue what nationality he is - it was just patently obvious from his post.

The English twats can't control the outcome. We beat Italy we're through.

what you need to remember there may be english people on this website who follow the rangers so its not nice to see all the anti english abuse

I agree. I want to see England lose at all times but I would prefer the name calling to stay off this forum. And English bluenoses are just as good as any other.

Pearson and Maloney should never be near a Scotland shirt.

I'm inclined to agree, especially about pearson. No energy, positioning was poor, passing was awful, got caught in possesion countless times, makes Kevin Thompson look good.

Maloney showed a bit of energy but took every ball himself and couldn't get a pass off, every single time getting floored.

Mcfadden, played crap all match, very frustrated towards the end, never looked up and wasted every ball.

Fletcher was awful, didn't make a single pass worthwhile.

Ferguson was the best player for us and he didn't do much either, but definatly NOT over-rated. People on this forum are first to praise Fergie when he plays well then first to slate him if the team are crap.