*** Football Manager 2008 Thread ***

Jiggaman88

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got the game today but for my own good i dont think al be playing it due to lack of sleep

boooo amatuer :lol:

you know how it is once you start you cant stop

Like Pringles :harhar:

My mate finished 3rd with Arsenal and got sacked!

Sounds solid as rock.

he may have changed his expectations so that the board gave him more money to spend i did that origanally and had to start again as i got sacked after 5 games, if you state you will win the league you had better not lose any games and you better win the league, into my second season and my expectations are: to qualify for euro cup and to get to 1/4 finals on this seasons euro cup. now my team is pulling away from the rest of the pack

Sounds solid as rock.

he may have changed his expectations so that the board gave him more money to spend i did that origanally and had to start again as i got sacked after 5 games, if you state you will win the league you had better not lose any games and you better win the league, into my second season and my expectations are: to qualify for euro cup and to get to 1/4 finals on this seasons euro cup. now my team is pulling away from the rest of the pack

Aye he said that.

Spent £90mil and finished 3rd, that's crazy. I'm sticking with 2007 at the moment anyway, got a dynasty going here with Schalke.

I've already encountered a bug. Thought I'd start off with something easy so took control of the Dutch national side. I qualified for the European Championships but when it came time for the groups to be drawn it drew only teams that hadn't qualified. Anybody else encountered or heard of this problem?

Sounds solid as rock.

Aye he said that.

Spent £90mil and finished 3rd, that's crazy. I'm sticking with 2007 at the moment anyway, got a dynasty going here with Schalke.

im continuing with the wenger policy and i try not to sign anyone over the age of 22-23 years old, my youth team is awesome guy called Rhys Murphy, 17 years old played 48 youth and reserve games and scored 45 goals with 32 assists :craphead: , still hasnt made it to the first team yet as carlos vela returned from osasuna and has played 15 scored 18 and is now worth 34M :locked:

Went 25 games without losing then came christmas period two away games first on boxing day was Man utd, lost 2-0 then chelsea away on new years eve, got gubbed 5-3, so now sitting 4th in the league with a game in hand 5 points off the top after 24 games not too bad

My only problem is some of my team (rosicky and eduardo) seem to dislike toure, anyone know how i can rectify this without having to sell any of them as they are integral to the squad.

oh sold bedtner for 17.5 million to sevilla LOL (worth 5M)

I've already encountered a bug. Thought I'd start off with something easy so took control of the Dutch national side. I qualified for the European Championships but when it came time for the groups to be drawn it drew only teams that hadn't qualified. Anybody else encountered or heard of this problem?

i will start a new one tonight and go scotland see what happens and i'll let you know

is that a save game you've continued from the demo?

noticed something similar in my cl group i should have qualified on goal difference but the team below me went through which was strange

noticed something similar in my cl group i should have qualified on goal difference but the team below me went through which was strange

Its head to head not goal difference.

Its head to head not goal difference.

still shouldve gone through but got the euro cup final so wasnt too bothered in the long run

HAHA, I was waiting for someone to notice that.

The makers implanted that, to stop people downloading the game.

Only downloaded games have that :D

Btw, for people that have the bug where players don't attack the player in possession, this patch fixes that:

http://download.sega.com/u/fm2008_patch/fm...1_betapatch.exe

HAHA, I was waiting for someone to notice that.

The makers implanted that, to stop people downloading the game.

Only downloaded games have that :D

Btw, for people that have the bug where players don't attack the player in possession, this patch fixes that:

http://download.sega.com/u/fm2008_patch/fm...1_betapatch.exe

the international prob or the champions league?????

Don't know, I just read that they used it for all tournaments where you have to qualify for, but the example they gave was with an international tournament (European Championship I think), where from all the groups the bottom teams qualified, like Lithuania, Luxemburg,... :P

Here's a link:

http://footballmanagerportal.co.uk/blog/fo...ithout-a-patch/

I think it's quite funny :D

Don't know, I just read that they used it for all tournaments where you have to qualify for, but the example they gave was with an international tournament (European Championship I think), where from all the groups the bottom teams qualified, like Lithuania, Luxemburg,... :P

Here's a link:

http://footballmanagerportal.co.uk/blog/fo...ithout-a-patch/

I think it's quite funny :D

That is quite clever but it won't stop the pirating. Now people only have to get a Clone copy instead of a cracked copy and either burn it or mount it to the virtual drive thus bypassing the security system. Not that I would condone that kind of behaviour though :P

That's why I use a cloned image :P

Problem for SI is a lot of people are upset over this because it means you can't continue your old demo games and also if you don't want to carry the cd around pr your computer doesn't handle copy protection software then your screwed as well. Thing is, with the time they spent concocting this little scheme against piraters they could've fixed a couple of other glaring bugs in the game. Such as, has anybody noticed the amount of goals disallowed is exorbitantly high? Also if you upgrade your stadium a few days later it returns to it's old size.