*** Football Manager 2008 Thread ***

Jiggaman88

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest therabbitt

Downloaded the patch last night and decided to interrogate the database before loading a new game.

Naturally, I was very disappointed, many of the finances were waaaaaaay of base, they have clearly not taken into account the sale of Alan Hutton. Also we only have 4 million available for transfers and 10 mill in the bank (i think off the top of my nut). I usually square off Celtic and Rangers' finances. Is it true that Celtic's season tickets cost twice as much as Rangers ones? I think this could have a detrimental effect on long term finances of the clubs too, as there are soo many Celtic season ticket holders in the game that they are always guaranteed twice as much ticket revenue....

Dont get me ruddy started on the player database!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How Steven Naismith (YPOTY) can be given a CA of 123 whilst Aiden McGeady has 145 is beyond me!! There are so many other, dare I say it, Celtic-biased errors its sickening. Another I can remember is Hemdani's CA of 140 to Donati's 145 - who's the better player in real life? Also Nakamura is a better player than Barry. Barry Robson has a CA in the 140s too!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boyd is better than Cousin, oh aye McManus has a better CA and PA than Carlos. Those are the ones I can mind from top of my head

So I had to alter the database - it has clearly been made by one of 'them' - I think that is actually the case though - the head Scottish researcher is a Celtic fan if memory serves....

If you wait until the end of the 1st season you can pick up ustari for about 4.5m - 6m. Amazing keeper! looks like his stats have been toned down with the new patch same with c.Ronaldo.

Think i will use 8.0.1 database or the 1 is downloaded from another website

i was sacked at man utd after a shite first six months so ive started as Barcelona and so far i've signed Reina (swap deal with victor valdes),stekelenberg,Huntelaar and Joe Cole.Ive got about £40m to spend in January as well so im scouting teams like Lyon and Ajax to see if i can get some bargains

Guest therabbitt

Ha - I started a new post-patch game as the gers and humped them 7-1 in my first OF (thats a way to endear yourself to the fans!), will post a screenie tonight if I remember. However finding myself in a champions league group with Milan, Valencia and Sporting rendered me Europeless after christmas. Done some MAJOR wheeling deeling in the transfer market, with a massive squad overhaul. My starting line up hasnt changed too much, but I have signed some crazy amount of future players, he's my first team squad

GK - McGregor/Enyeama

RB - Ferrera (loan Chelsea)/Whittaker

LB - Smith

CB - Miranda/Webster

CB - Cuellar

RM - Burke/Torje/Naismith

LM - Traore/Piatti/Naismith

CM - Ferguson/Jimenez

CM - Thomson/Makelele/Davis

FC - McCulloch/Cousin

FC - Boyd/Healy

I've signed so many youngsters that Ive lost count and cannae mind all their names - maybe a screenie later is what I should do

But defo look up Abou Razack Traore, plays for Rosenborg, he is the bomb!!

i need to get this patch, another gers game no fixtures for second season so retired and went barcelona signed kompany for 22m and jesus navas for 16m and also got rafinha for right back at 13m , humped madrid 4-0 in both legs of spanish super cup

playing my forst Gers game with 8.2 patch

Sold all the dross but in first week McGregor and naismith broke their legs - signed Connobio (spelling?) and Brian Mclean and playing a 4-2-3-1 formation

Alexander in goals

Whittaker, Papac, McLean and Cueller in defence

Thomson and barry in midfield

Fleck, Connobio and Burke in Am roles and

Darcheville up front

Flecks been a revelation playing on the left, improving by the game - unfortunately Ive pretty much lost the league but just picked up Enyeama and Nicolae to hopefully round out the team

Big story was the Champions League - was in a group with Werder bremen, Lyon and Real Madrid

Came to last 2 games with 3 points and faced Lyon away and Bremen at home - had to win both

Lyon hammered us 29-7 on SOG (exact same stat as the 3-0 game this year) but down 2-1 in injury time Fleck scored a hallatious solo goal with a run from halfway and then next minute Darche breaks through to make it 3-2! bedlam

So we have to beat bremen at home with an injury crisis - But Darche scores 2 quick goals and we fend off a comeback and Cousin scores a last minute clincher for 3-1 despite being outshot 28-12.

So I had to alter the database - it has clearly been made by one of 'them' - I think that is actually the case though - the head Scottish researcher is a Celtic fan if memory serves....

Been that way for ages. Rangers youth squads have been underrated with players eventually making it into the first team squad in real life.

Celtic youth squads clearly overrated, when in real life the players are freed and never heard of again.

I won the league and cup with rangers. Yay

(the tims beat me 7-0 but :( :( :( :( :( :( :( )

Leave. Now.

Was just one of those games where you cant do anything to change whats happening. Almost my entire team finished with a 3 out of 10. What can a man do?!

Leave. Now.

I won the league and cup with rangers. Yay

should have saved the game before your match against celtic, then if you end up getting beat you return to main menu and load up again, you just cant let them win, or if you go 2 down early on go to manager options and go on holiday leaving your assistant to play the match using same tactics you generally win the game 3-2 :craphead:

(the tims beat me 7-0 but :( :( :( :( :( :( :( )

Leave. Now.

Was just one of those games where you cant do anything to change whats happening. Almost my entire team finished with a 3 out of 10. What can a man do?!

Leave. Now.

i need to get this patch, another gers game no fixtures for second season so retired and went barcelona signed kompany for 22m and jesus navas for 16m and also got rafinha for right back at 13m , humped madrid 4-0 in both legs of spanish super cup

half way through the season am 1 point clear of real madrid and through to knockout round of champions league.

started a new season with Rangers, bought Spiranovic and Villaluz, 2 good signing, top of the league equal on points with septic, think i will win it though, been scoring

about 3-4 goals a game mostly, Darcheville is a machine for me atm, Qualified to the Know out of the CL finishing top of my group of team which was R.Madrid/Stuttgart

and Benfica, R.Madrid never even got through Benfica did, they in the uefa now :craphead: just signed Mihelic in the Jan transfer window for buttons and been voted

manager of the month for 5 months running, secured Lulinha but deal wont go through till June 2008 coz they cant transfer until they r 18, so far so good :), jus hope that

the fixtures f*ckin load up in the second season this time !! :willy:

started a new season with Rangers, bought Spiranovic and Villaluz, 2 good signing, top of the league equal on points with septic, think i will win it though, been scoring

about 3-4 goals a game mostly, Darcheville is a machine for me atm, Qualified to the Know out of the CL finishing top of my group of team which was R.Madrid/Stuttgart

and Benfica, R.Madrid never even got through Benfica did, they in the uefa now :craphead: just signed Mihelic in the Jan transfer window for buttons and been voted

manager of the month for 5 months running, secured Lulinha but deal wont go through till June 2008 coz they cant transfer until they r 18, so far so good :), jus hope that

think the trick is not to save it near the end of the season or during the close season

top of the league by 3 points, with one game to go against septic, +9 goal difference on them, the only way they could win the league was if they beat me 5-0, was losing 1-0 at half time, boyd gets sent off in 64th minute and i concede 4 goals in the last 20 minutes, this game is Fake As Fuck!!!!!!!

top of the league by 3 points, with one game to go against septic, +9 goal difference on them, the only way they could win the league was if they beat me 5-0, was losing 1-0 at half time, boyd gets sent off in 64th minute and i concede 4 goals in the last 20 minutes, this game is Fake As Fuck!!!!!!!

is that you just noticing

Guest therabbitt

think the trick is not to save it near the end of the season or during the close season

the fixtures not generating problem was fixed with the first patch (8.01) was it not??

Rangers, boosted by an anonymous financier, just got a massive result away at Tynecastle. Barry scored an injury time free kick to secure all 3 points. New manager, LondonderryLoyal, has already vowed to achieve what Wattie failed to do first time around and win 10 successive league titles. Oh and despite what Coyle (who?) claims, after 12 games in the second season, Rangers are 9 clear at the top of the table.

I'd settle for this scoreline on Wednesday night too.

What do ye's think?

post-2833-1203934378_thumb.png