***The Official Rangers v Barcelona Thread***

Muff

Aye, I like kris Boyd but the Barca match ain't a game to get his confidence up. I doubt WS will play him TBH, maybe throw him on after 80 to snatch a goal but aside from that can't see him playing.

As much as I hate to say this but Boyd will be sold in the January window !!

Smith will continue to play this 4-5-1 formation for the foreseeable future and Boyd is not a player Smith fancies as a lone striker. I reckon he will sell him for £2m - £3m in January to an English side (maybe Premiership) and use the money to strengthen elsewhere in the team.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, I like kris Boyd but the Barca match ain't a game to get his confidence up. I doubt WS will play him TBH, maybe throw him on after 80 to snatch a goal but aside from that can't see him playing.

Smith will continue to play this 4-5-1 formation for the foreseeable future and Boyd is not a player Smith fancies as a lone striker. I reckon he will sell him for £2m - £3m in January to an English side (maybe Premiership) and use the money to strengthen elsewhere in the team.

I also think he will be sold, but if we only accept that amount of money for someone who is a prolific goal scorer, with a much better record at both club and country level than Miller I will be furious! Especially as he still has quite a few years left on his contract!

I also think he will be sold, but if we only accept that amount of money for someone who is a prolific goal scorer, with a much better record at both club and country level than Miller I will be furious! Especially as he still has quite a few years left on his contract!

I will guarantee that IF Boyd is sold in January (which i'm almost posative he will be) we won't get anymore than £3m for him. Now i'm not saying that £3m is all I think Boyd should be valued at (IMO I wouldnt take any less than £5m) however I can see Walter taking £3m....

Yes I think it is quite unfair that we are always put down on European matches, pundits always say " there's nothing like a European match at Celtic park." Yeah there's nothing like the smell of lager overpowering everything and wee neds in the stand shouting and running on the pitch :rolleyes:

Can not freaking believe this - have to go in to Boston Tomorrow for a client meeting right in the middle of the match!!!! Will end up missing the whole thing - I even scheduled my dog's vet visit around it last week, and now this comes up!! I am SOOOOOOOOO p*ssed off right now!!!!!!

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Can not freaking believe this - have to go in to Boston Tomorrow for a client meeting right in the middle of the match!!!! Will end up missing the whole thing - I even scheduled my dog's vet visit around it last week, and now this comes up!! I am SOOOOOOOOO p*ssed off right now!!!!!!

My dad has a meeting, so I might miss the game :(

At least I'll catch it on tv though! You'll just have to tell them you have better things to do :craphead:

Or tape it? :unsure:

hemdani being out is a blow for us but as long as we dont play faye we should be ok but thomson is going to need to really up his game. Barca have a scary attack but the defence isnt their strong point and i dont rate their goalkeeper at all. The way to beat them is definetly a 451 with some pace like novo or beasley to hit them on the counter attack. Sevilla played 451 against them a few weeks ago and only amazing pieces of skill from messi got barca the goals in the end but they took a long time to break them down.

Its on ESPN2, mate. Just go to any bar right after your meeting and they should be able to put it on for you.

Feel like a small child waiting for Christmas. Counting down the hours and minutes to kick-off.

Out of work tomorrow 5 sharp, scarf unfolded, pick up son at railway station, drive to Glasgow, quick beer or 2 (son can drive home) in seat in plenty of time to savour atmosphere, watch the bears win (why not?) and home in time to see CL highlights programme on telly.

Carlsberg don't do Tuesday night football but if they did this would be it.

unlucky Del :(

internet highlights will be on straight after probably

I think we will play the exact 11 that graced Ibrox on Saturday. (tu)

I hope not. I'd swap Novo for Beasley. Beasley is a big-game player with a lot of CL experience (our second most experienced player) not to mention he's the only player who can hit a decent corner (set-pieces could be vital) and he will win us lots of free kicks. I still reckon Novo is better coming off the bench.

Txiki: “It’ll be a high pressure gameâ€

Mistakes against Villarreal

Txiki Begiristain also gave his own explanations for the defeat against Villarreal: “We lost our balance, principally in the opening ten or fifteen minutes of the match, and from then on everything was more complicated. We have to be strong in defence and maintain our balanceâ€.

Just before leaving for Glasgow, Barça’s director of football, Txiki Begiristain, assured us that the game against Rangers will be “a high pressure gameâ€.

Begiristain told reporters: “Our aim is to end up being top of the groupâ€. Therefore, a win against Glasgow Rangers - who currently share first place with Barça with six points – would be an important step forward. However, Begiristain knows this will no easy task: “Glasgow Rangers will try and make it physical game and we hope to be up to the taskâ€.

Deco injury blow

Deco has joined the already uncomfortably long list of players sidelined by injury after picking up a leg injury against Villarreal. Initial estimates suggest he will be out about five weeks. Begiristain told us: “He was in form, very motivated and is a greater recoverer of the ball in midfield (however) we’ve got cover for his placeâ€.

Confidence in the squad

Continuing with the subject of the number of injuries, Begiristain admitted the technical staff were a little worried: “We want the squad to be at full strength as soon as possible. With more players getting injured and others still recovering, right now we’re a bit short. But there’s confidence in the players we have available – they’re also very goodâ€.

As for whether Gudjohnsen will start Tuesday night’s game, Begiristain limited himself to saying: That’s a decision for Frank Rijkaardâ€. However, he went on to describe the Icelandic striker as “a great professional with a very interesting profile for Barçaâ€.

Injuries and the calendar

Asked if the muscle injuries being suffered by the players are due to the busy schedule of matches, Txiki Begiristain was absolutely clear: “Obviously. It’s a question of effort, of high pressure and demanding matches coming one on top of the other. Apart from the friendlies, they’re playing some really important qualifying matches with the national teams. In short, they’re demanding matches and the players are suffering from thisâ€.

Performance the main thing

Finally, Begiristain referred to recent comments made by Joan Laporta calling for people to respect Ronaldinho’s private life: “People are really on top of the players’ private lives when what they should be evaluating are their performances, not just in the matches, but also in training. There are players that are performing really well and then one night out tarnishes their imageâ€.

I think we will play the exact 11 that graced Ibrox on Saturday. (tu)

hopefully (tu)

With Beasley ready to come on at half time

Was watching Champions League Weekly last night and im very excited Rangers got a long piece as well as Lyon, well deserved recognition for us.

I think Rangers will get the chances Stuttgart got against Barca and take them at least for a draw!

:rangers: